• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How To Build An AR15

But not better than actually enacting a gun ban.
In addition to a dozen 30 round mags, I picked up several 60 rounds mags last week
Bring on the ban

I’ve always been concerned about screwing it up.
It not that hard if you have a little mechanical knowledge and some common sense. You really get a good understanding of the weapon and how everything works. The parts individually are not that expensive so you can piece it together over time or replace something you mess up. The amount of online information makes it easy enough even our resident guest who posts in a trolling style could do it. They are much more portable than trying a shotgun build.

Don't forget the ammo. You can never have enough beans.
No doubt
I found .223 for $0.49 per round and grabbed 1,000 rounds a month ago
Then there is the 9mm HP, .357 mag, .380 HP, and the 12g 00 buck, and the .22LR.
It never ends.

I built one in May myself
Very rewarding experience

I agree that it can be a rewarding experience, particularly if you have never worked with the AR platform before. What I like best about building your own firearm is the fact that an unconstitutional FFL is not involved. If you were to buy the exact same rifle already assembled from a gun dealer, then you would have had to fill out an ATF form 4473, and be entered into the NICS. By buying just the components and assembling it yourself you by-pass that unconstitutional requirement. (y)

I’ve always been concerned about screwing it up.
They are easier to put together than you think. The only tricky part with all the small parts is the lower receiver where the trigger mechanism is located, and you can buy them already assembled.

I agree that it can be a rewarding experience, particularly if you have never worked with the AR platform before. What I like best about building your own firearm is the fact that an unconstitutional FFL is not involved. If you were to buy the exact same rifle already assembled from a gun dealer, then you would have had to fill out an ATF form 4473, and be entered into the NICS. By buying just the components and assembling it yourself you by-pass that unconstitutional requirement. (y)
Nope. Wrong.
The stripped or assembled lower is serialized, and must go through an FFL, and the accompanying NICS check

They are easier to put together than you think. The only tricky part with all the small parts is the lower receiver where the trigger mechanism is located, and you can buy them already assembled.
Correct tools and knowledge are required

No doubt
I found .223 for $0.49 per round and grabbed 1,000 rounds a month ago
Then there is the 9mm HP, .357 mag, .380 HP, and the 12g 00 buck, and the .22LR.
It never ends.
I try and pick up a box or 2 of 7.62x39 and 9mm when I'm out and it does add up. Got a box of Liberty 9mm 50 grain HPs I'm itching to test. 2000 ft per second is listed and I got spare barrels.

Nope. Wrong.
The stripped or assembled lower is serialized, and must go through an FFL, and the accompanying NICS check
Really? Then you must be buying from a dealer with an FFL. I would find another seller. I never went through an FFL holder when I bought my AR-12 in 2018.

Really? Then you must be buying from a dealer with an FFL. I would find another seller. I never went through an FFL holder when I bought my AR-12 in 2018.
Bullshit.

I try and pick up a box or 2 of 7.62x39 and 9mm when I'm out and it does add up. Got a box of Liberty 9mm 50 grain HPs I'm itching to test. 2000 ft per second is listed and I got spare barrels.
What the Hell are you shooting that 9mm in?
I've never heard of such numbers

Good info.
I'm sure our next little Uvalde type FREAK will be happy you posted that.:oops:😧

Back
Top Bottom