• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How to Become Gluten Intolerant

I love that guy. All his videos are awesome.

how to become gluten free: stop eating anything containing gluten

you will mess your body up so badly that even if you weren't gluten intolerant, you will become so

honest to god, we as a people get stupider by the decade

Can't stand this guy.

A little too close to truth for your blood?

A lot of people are gluten intolerant, due to leaky gut. There's also celiac disease, which a lot of people have from birth or develop as a result of leaky gut.

His style of debunking perpetuates ignorance because he doesn't really offer real information, just satire.

It's possible to debunk things without being so sniveling about it.

Less than 1% does not equal "a lot".

Less than 1% does not equal "a lot".

It's at least 5%, and those are known cases. In the United States that's 15 million people.

There's a political and economic agenda in denying that gluten intolerance is becoming widespread because the likely culprit is in our food production system. Monsanto has practically become a sacred cow in the United States (no pun intended), thanks to Obama's Monsanto Protection Act.

I acknowledge that it's also a fad and a lot of people eating gluten free don't have intolerance, but so what?

It's at least 5%, and those are known cases. In the United States that's 15 million people.

There's a political and economic agenda in denying that gluten intolerance is becoming widespread because the likely culprit is in our food production system. Monsanto has practically become a sacred cow in the United States (no pun intended), thanks to Obama's Monsanto Protection Act.

I acknowledge that it's also a fad and a lot of people eating gluten free don't have intolerance, but so what?

A lot of people think that their body reacts poorly to gluten when it does not, that is the problem.

Ignorance is always a problem.

A lot of people think that their body reacts poorly to gluten when it does not, that is the problem.

Ignorance is always a problem.

If I'm not gluten intolerant whatsoever, what's wrong with me choosing a gluten free diet?

Besides, nothing you've said negates the evidence I just posted.

If I'm not gluten intolerant whatsoever, what's wrong with me choosing a gluten free diet?

Besides, nothing you've said negates the evidence I just posted.

So long as you dont make false claims about Gluten, nothing.

How common is that?

Thus the brilliance of this video.

So long as you dont make false claims about Gluten, nothing.

How common is that?

Thus the brilliance of this video.

The video, like almost all of his videos, are strawmen.

That's what's being satirized--all the on-trend folks.

That's what's being satirized--all the on-trend folks.

It's detrimental because people use it to talk down to those with real medical conditions.

Sorry, I didn't see this at all.

how to become gluten free: stop eating anything containing gluten

you will mess your body up so badly that even if you weren't gluten intolerant, you will become so

honest to god, we as a people get stupider by the decade

I was told that I was gluten intolerant and should never eat it again.

and if your source is accurate that would be a smart thing to do :thumbs:

otherwise :screwy

I'd love to hear why you say that. For me, the research is ongoing while I am making major adjustments to my diet.

I'd love to hear why you say that. For me, the research is ongoing while I am making major adjustments to my diet.

only because if you completely eliminate gluten from your diet it is hard to introduce it again

it became a craze for a while to eliminate it but if there is no reason to do so, it doesn't help your body so why bother

now if you have celiac disease (Celiac disease is caused by a reaction to gliadin - a gluten protein found in wheat, barley, rye, and sometimes oats) then you have to eliminate it

I believe food is all about health and our health depends in great part upon our diet

only because if you completely eliminate gluten from your diet it is hard to introduce it again

it became a craze for a while to eliminate it but if there is no reason to do so, it doesn't help your body so why bother

now if you have celiac disease (Celiac disease is caused by a reaction to gliadin - a gluten protein found in wheat, barley, rye, and sometimes oats) then you have to eliminate it

I believe food is all about health and our health depends in great part upon our diet

I agree with you that "you are what you eat". In my case, I've eaten gluten all my life with no outwardly problems, but a blood test showed elevated inflammatory markers in certain area which the natural doc attributed to gluten. I needed to really cut back on the carbs anyway.

I agree with you that "you are what you eat". In my case, I've eaten gluten all my life with no outwardly problems, but a blood test showed elevated inflammatory markers in certain area which the natural doc attributed to gluten. I needed to really cut back on the carbs anyway.
yes it certainly could be the first signs that you should be reducing it

I really understand that bread isn't good for us, not really....if it didn't come from the ground or have a momma it is processed and processed isn't the greatest

and while I can't give it up entirely I try to reduce the consumption

sometimes after eating bread my stomach feels heavy and sick....not a good sign

yes it certainly could be the first signs that you should be reducing it

I really understand that bread isn't good for us, not really....if it didn't come from the ground or have a momma it is processed and processed isn't the greatest

and while I can't give it up entirely I try to reduce the consumption

sometimes after eating bread my stomach feels heavy and sick....not a good sign

even with natural wholesome bakery or home baked breads with no funny chemicals?

As someone with Celiac who has run into MAJOR GI issues for years due to not being diagnosed, and for whom ceasing the ingesting of gluten has literally given me my life back, I am often offended when people just assume that my gluten free diet is a fad. I LOVE gluten products and wish I could still eat them... and miss many of them. But I like being healthy and not constantly worrying that what I eat will result in an "episode" much better.

Back
Top Bottom