• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How to be 'cool.'[W:12]

BrettNortje

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
I find that everyone thinks they are the coolest person on earth. this is because we consider ourselves to be not what we are, instead being what we see, yes? of course, the more you put someone else on a pedestal, the more you put yourself on a pedestal, yes? this is because, as i have observed, people tend to consider themselves special in some way. this happens in every walk of life, from royalty to women collecting water from a well in the sahara - they all think they are "cool."

So, what does it mean to be cool? is it that you are more agile than others, or is it down to your mannerisms, like the way you walk? i would say that it is a lot of things, with people finding comfort in certain things, like walking with your hand in your pocket, and then others interpreting that to be the way to do things, or not. for example, i know of an area that likes women to wear glasses, as, they find that if it suites your face, it makes you look clever - a different kind of cool, a leader in the making? then, there is sunglasses, some people wear them at night as 'a decoration' that compliments their dress code, but, i find that sunglasses always look cool, as all decorations or trinkets are there to add to your 'image.'

So, what is an image? this is a balance between what you do and what others see. if some geeky guy all of a sudden started playing soccer with the cool kids, they would all laugh at him, because he has a geeky image, yes? after a while of doing this, some people will accept that now he is a jock, and others will try to make themselves feel special - as only they choose who plays soccer with them - and still "bully" him, yes? what image do you have now?

As i have said previously, you want to stand out as a leader. rebels are popular because they display 'power' that undermines authority and therefore are 'loved' for their 'strength in society.' this is because the rebels can break the rules to some point, and display power and strength by doing this. this is because the others will look to be leader, and fail, while some succeed. it is down to where you stand within society, as a follower or a leader, of course - well that is for man, maybe women too?

Now, if you want to feel cool - and absorb this new image - then you need to do what you really want to do, be who you want to be rather than who you are or someone else. this will make you more comfortable with yourself, you will relax and walk 'cool,' your speech will be the way you want it to be, and you will say things you want to say. it is better to be who you want to be rather than a second place copy of someone else, unless that works for you, yes? if you choose to be someone else, you will see yourself as that person when it comes to feeling special, as i already pointed out in the beginning, and then you will also find comfort in society, as, nobody copies a follower, unless they are near the top of your micro society.

Re: How to be 'cool.'

If you want to consider yourself cool, you must remember there are different styles of cool. typically, in a city environment, it is gangster types that are cool, and at the beach, surfers are cool. this is due to grandstanding - in the city gangsters get by on street wise, and on the beach, surfers belong on the waves, doing things that other's cannot. then there are farm workers, that will wear their uniforms a bit lax, and then there are biker types that try to down whole bottles of gin. what about mobsters that get by by threatening everyone, even their own families? what do they all have in common is subtle to shouted strength, yes?

The truth is they were little boys and girls too at one stage. it also could be down to how 'immoral' you are, prostitutes are considered cool by young people as they are the product that is being sold sexually - definitely a rebel and popular with the kids, yes? anyways, nobody you see as an adult was born like that - first they think daddy and mommy are the best, then they leave them behind as they find new sources of strength. often they will find strength with their peers and forget about their families all together, swearing and fighting with them about social things. this is all because they want to feel in control, or strong, yes?

So, if you want to make someone like you more, you should find out what your strengths are, depicted by the opinions of others, or being obvious to you, and then find where these beginning end. if you were to have big muscles, you could be a sports person, and through that, you could be a model, for example, like david beckham.

Now, if you want to be cool, you need to understand that other 'styles' will find you uncool and try to put you in your place, yes? this is evident by music and dress codes too - heck, even other gangs will try to excel in strength over other gangs - and this is where there is a lot of posing. sometimes, you will agree each other are cool too, and there will be a larger body of accepted individuals, logically, that like to be around each other. this reminds me of childhood, where most kids try to copy others and then if you are copying the same person, then you are also cool if you, as a 'fellow copy' reach for the other person.

I find that everyone thinks they are the coolest person on earth. this is because we consider ourselves to be not what we are, instead being what we see, yes? of course, the more you put someone else on a pedestal, the more you put yourself on a pedestal, yes? this is because, as i have observed, people tend to consider themselves special in some way. this happens in every walk of life, from royalty to women collecting water from a well in the sahara - they all think they are "cool."

So, what does it mean to be cool? is it that you are more agile than others, or is it down to your mannerisms, like the way you walk? i would say that it is a lot of things, with people finding comfort in certain things, like walking with your hand in your pocket, and then others interpreting that to be the way to do things, or not. for example, i know of an area that likes women to wear glasses, as, they find that if it suites your face, it makes you look clever - a different kind of cool, a leader in the making? then, there is sunglasses, some people wear them at night as 'a decoration' that compliments their dress code, but, i find that sunglasses always look cool, as all decorations or trinkets are there to add to your 'image.'

So, what is an image? this is a balance between what you do and what others see. if some geeky guy all of a sudden started playing soccer with the cool kids, they would all laugh at him, because he has a geeky image, yes? after a while of doing this, some people will accept that now he is a jock, and others will try to make themselves feel special - as only they choose who plays soccer with them - and still "bully" him, yes? what image do you have now?

As i have said previously, you want to stand out as a leader. rebels are popular because they display 'power' that undermines authority and therefore are 'loved' for their 'strength in society.' this is because the rebels can break the rules to some point, and display power and strength by doing this. this is because the others will look to be leader, and fail, while some succeed. it is down to where you stand within society, as a follower or a leader, of course - well that is for man, maybe women too?

Now, if you want to feel cool - and absorb this new image - then you need to do what you really want to do, be who you want to be rather than who you are or someone else. this will make you more comfortable with yourself, you will relax and walk 'cool,' your speech will be the way you want it to be, and you will say things you want to say. it is better to be who you want to be rather than a second place copy of someone else, unless that works for you, yes? if you choose to be someone else, you will see yourself as that person when it comes to feeling special, as i already pointed out in the beginning, and then you will also find comfort in society, as, nobody copies a follower, unless they are near the top of your micro society.

Being 'cool' in the eyes of the world is not necessarily being 'cool' in the eyes of God. If people want to prance down the street like a gaggle of sexually-charged nitwits and hunt pokemons - thinking they're cool - that's their bag. But it won't win them an awesome eternity. Find out what's cool with God and he will make your life a blessing.

Being 'cool' in the eyes of the world is not necessarily being 'cool' in the eyes of God. If people want to prance down the street like a gaggle of sexually-charged nitwits and hunt pokemons - thinking they're cool - that's their bag. But it won't win them an awesome eternity. Find out what's cool with God and he will make your life a blessing.

The religion forum is thataway. Will you please stop derailing threads in this section with your god prattle.

James-Dean-Wallpaper-james-dean-930848_1024_768.jpg

Nobody cares, Logicman.

I find that everyone thinks they are the coolest person on earth. this is because we consider ourselves to be not what we are, instead being what we see, yes?
I’d suggest the exact opposite actually. Most people don’t consider themselves especially “cool”, even (maybe especially) those who visually and vocally profess their “coolness”.

of course, the more you put someone else on a pedestal, the more you put yourself on a pedestal, yes? this is because, as i have observed, people tend to consider themselves special in some way. this happens in every walk of life, from royalty to women collecting water from a well in the sahara - they all think they are "cool."
I think you might need to define what you mean by “cool” in this context. I think it’s quite distinct from people considering themselves special, especially where people seeing themselves as special is as much about them feeling they should receive more attention/support/money etc. specifically because they’re not part of the “cool” crowd.

Moderator's Warning:
Let's stick to the topic. Derailing will result in thread bans. Thank you.

I don't feel cool at all, although my daughters say I'm the coolest dad on Earth.

I find that everyone thinks they are the coolest person on earth.

I stopped worrying about that roughly the second high school ended. In fact, the process started part way through.

There was only one Fonz.

Like beauty, cool is in the eye of the beholder. I've never known anyone who thought they were cool who actually was.

To get laid. Oldest motivation in the book.

:shrug:

If that's the kind of thing a girl cares about, I can tell you outright that she ain't the one for me. lol

The only way I get "cool" points is incidentally, because - paradoxically enough - not giving a flying **** about being "cool" occasionally loops around to actually being "cool" every now and then (in some people's perception, at least).

Well... Either that... or it makes people think you must secretly be a serial killer.

I'm afraid I can neither confirm nor deny that particular allegation. :lol:

If you want to consider yourself cool, you must remember there are different styles of cool. typically, in a city environment, it is gangster types that are cool, and at the beach, surfers are cool. this is due to grandstanding - in the city gangsters get by on street wise, and on the beach, surfers belong on the waves, doing things that other's cannot. then there are farm workers, that will wear their uniforms a bit lax, and then there are biker types that try to down whole bottles of gin. what about mobsters that get by by threatening everyone, even their own families? what do they all have in common is subtle to shouted strength, yes?

The truth is they were little boys and girls too at one stage. it also could be down to how 'immoral' you are, prostitutes are considered cool by young people as they are the product that is being sold sexually - definitely a rebel and popular with the kids, yes? anyways, nobody you see as an adult was born like that - first they think daddy and mommy are the best, then they leave them behind as they find new sources of strength. often they will find strength with their peers and forget about their families all together, swearing and fighting with them about social things. this is all because they want to feel in control, or strong, yes?

So, if you want to make someone like you more, you should find out what your strengths are, depicted by the opinions of others, or being obvious to you, and then find where these beginning end. if you were to have big muscles, you could be a sports person, and through that, you could be a model, for example, like david beckham.

Now, if you want to be cool, you need to understand that other 'styles' will find you uncool and try to put you in your place, yes? this is evident by music and dress codes too - heck, even other gangs will try to excel in strength over other gangs - and this is where there is a lot of posing. sometimes, you will agree each other are cool too, and there will be a larger body of accepted individuals, logically, that like to be around each other. this reminds me of childhood, where most kids try to copy others and then if you are copying the same person, then you are also cool if you, as a 'fellow copy' reach for the other person.

But I dont want to be cool. I mean I am not 12 years old.

Another thing to consider is 'styles.' often you base your idea of what is cool from a relative or friend of the family, or, from television or other media. often, it could be someone older in a school or community that displays strength of some sort that you feel can only be emulated by being as like them as possible. therefore, you dress like and imitate them, trying to make yourself as cool as they were.

So, if you have a role model, then you could absorb certain things from them, but honestly, all things will not be absorbed by all admirers. if you were to hear that your male model hits women that do not kiss them, then you might be less likely to respect them. further, you might feel like bullying them somehow and then you would feel like a hero, yes? if it was a woman that was found to be racist, then you might also throw your ideals of theirs to the dogs and try to be someone else.

Of course, when people fall, they will have friends that will support them, because they still feel like them. this could lead to things like civil war in some communities and nations, and, the support side of it might continue, or they would be forced to change, somehow, looking for acceptance again.

Now, if your role model falls, what do you do? do you continue to support them by copying them, or do you put some distance between you and them and try to be cool some other way, maybe plan b? of course, it is up to the ideals of the individual, as, if they continue to think this fallen person is cool, then they just want to say they are right, you are right, and anybody else is wrong - everybody believes they are right, even murderers!

Another thing to consider is 'styles.' often you base your idea of what is cool from a relative or friend of the family, or, from television or other media. often, it could be someone older in a school or community that displays strength of some sort that you feel can only be emulated by being as like them as possible. therefore, you dress like and imitate them, trying to make yourself as cool as they were.

So, if you have a role model, then you could absorb certain things from them, but honestly, all things will not be absorbed by all admirers. if you were to hear that your male model hits women that do not kiss them, then you might be less likely to respect them. further, you might feel like bullying them somehow and then you would feel like a hero, yes? if it was a woman that was found to be racist, then you might also throw your ideals of theirs to the dogs and try to be someone else.

Of course, when people fall, they will have friends that will support them, because they still feel like them. this could lead to things like civil war in some communities and nations, and, the support side of it might continue, or they would be forced to change, somehow, looking for acceptance again.

Now, if your role model falls, what do you do? do you continue to support them by copying them, or do you put some distance between you and them and try to be cool some other way, maybe plan b? of course, it is up to the ideals of the individual, as, if they continue to think this fallen person is cool, then they just want to say they are right, you are right, and anybody else is wrong - everybody believes they are right, even murderers!

I have no role models. I am me.

Back
Top Bottom