• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How to be a Pickup Artist

See, now, it's not actually malarky, it's basically proper flirting, would you rather have the playful guy teasing you, or the dweeb trying to shove free drinks down your throat.

The fact that some yahoo's are trying to make bank of the game is irrelevant to the fact of what is and what is not good methods of attracting folk.

Playfully flirting is not the same as using "strategies" designed to undermine womens' confidence so you can **** them more easily. That's just sad and pathetic. Women are people. Treat us accordingly, and you won't have many issues.

Also, speaking of sad and pathetic:

Mystery.jpg

/thread

:lol: I remember that. we can't talk about that up here. :ssst:

Coincidence my dear, coincidence.

that said, I've always treated women with respect. I respected them enough not to put em on a pedastal and engage in playful banter. That was my "game"

I much prefer being spanked on the bedroom rug to being put on a pedestal, anyway.

See, now, it's not actually malarky, it's basically proper flirting, would you rather have the playful guy teasing you, or the dweeb trying to shove free drinks down your throat.

Precisely... this is a 'side-effect' of the feminist movement that essentially has put any masculine characteristic as 'chauvinist', and so now a large portion of guys are complete chumps... many of them could kick my arse but they are still chumps.

So, because men have unlearned how to be men and suffer a lack of success in dating it doesn't surprise me that these types of schemes have come out, and looking at some of the price tags to 'learn' with them shows that there's a demand for the knowledge of what makes a mature masculine man... even though I'm sure many of these just talk about 'tricks' and techniques to get women to talk to you, date you or get naked in your bed.

The fact that some yahoo's are trying to make bank of the game is irrelevant to the fact of what is and what is not good methods of attracting folk.

Humans have lasted this long without classes on how to meet women... I would personally advocate trial and error and to stay congruent with yourself... I don't mean the lame-ass dr. Phil type of 'be yourself' advice that's useless to a guy whose been 'himself' as a chump for years with no successes... I mean more the confident (almost cocky) version of yourself... this way you don't need to sit and think 'oh what do I say and what do I say if she responds like ____'... I had to learn (being a geek through high school) for myself that if you grab the courage sack and approach your brain will usually back you up with something to say... even if the first few (hundred?) times is just 'ummm ... errr... ummmm... hi.... ummm... errr... ummm... you're... ummm... cute.... errr... are you ... ummm... friendly?"

Playfully flirting is not the same as using "strategies" designed to undermine womens' confidence so you can **** them more easily.

Unless the strategy IS to be playfully flirting.

It all depends... sometimes a woman thinks so high and mighty of herself that she needs to be taken down a peg to remember that she still poops like everyone else, and I do agree that if that's the guys big ace in the hole is to use the neghits as they call it, then it's a lost cause anyway and it's only a matter of time before the guy exposes himself as a douchebag a**hole.

That's just sad and pathetic. Women are people. Treat us accordingly, and you won't have many issues.

Generally I agree with you... but some women are so used to having guys humping their legs that they get this egotistic shield of b*tchiness, so SOMETIMES you NEED to do something like that, not as a 'strategy' but just for them to lower the shield long enough to get the chance to talk to them as another human.

But in terms of a 'strategy'... generally the women that would respond positively to undermining her confidence in these ways have other issues that wouldn't appeal to a 'normal' guy.

Also, speaking of sad and pathetic:

Mystery.jpg

/thread

That's why I responded... Mystery's gotta be the biggest joke out there... did you ever read any of the crap this guy tries to sell???

I don't know ANYONE that could take any of this guys lines and make it work. Oh and palm reading to pick up women is just pathetic... unless you're legitimately into that on your own terms.

Never paid that guy a cent, but at one point I read through his website and the whole thing is a sick joke with a bunch of broken men working out 'strategies' to pick up equally broken women. Maybe if half these guys spent say 6 months to work on themselves rather then working on getting girls there wouldn't be such a demand to pay 2000+$ to hang out with these losers for a weekend.

How YOU doin'? Your avatar looks lovely. Its a beautiful night out, isnt it? :2wave: :cool: :lol:

Good Gawd. :doh

Noodle.. please tell me you're not buying into this garbage.

So whats the secret then?

No secret. Go up to someone you think you're interested in and talk to her. I don't understand why Noodle (or anyone for that matter) thinks they have to use pickup lines or that they feel the need to try to be 'smooth'. Really, the whole over-thinking thing is a bad idea. Hell.. just walk up to a gal (or a guy if that's your thing) and talk to them. I'm the kind of person that I'd prefer someone who was straight forward. I don't have time for a bunch of crap and I'm sure that a lot of women are like me.

No secret. Go up to someone you think you're interested in and talk to her. I don't understand why Noodle (or anyone for that matter) thinks they have to use pickup lines or that they feel the need to try to be 'smooth'.

It's not about HAVING to use pickup lines... but it's fun sometimes to use just the stupidest pick-up lines possible... the reality of the situation for guys (unless they are hung like a moose or look like Brad Pitt in Fight Club) is that more often then not you're going to get shot down sooner or later, or not mesh with the person... whatever... so you might as well have fun sometimes.

That said, when you first approach it's maybe 20% about WHAT you say... and all the rest is in your voice tone and body language anyway.... and congruence is also important... if your voice is saying something then your tone and posture is projecting it may not go over as well.

Really, the whole over-thinking thing is a bad idea. Hell.. just walk up to a gal (or a guy if that's your thing) and talk to them.

I agree, however, the target market for these pick up artists, or whatever they wanna call themselves, are mainly those guys that have failed with women even when they just approach and start talking... and I can see some people having difficulties doing things subconsciously that completely kills any attraction, and repeating the same mistakes for YEARS... and if they don't have any friends or anyone they know that IS successful with women to analyze their mistakes for them, let's just say I can see the appeal.

Then there's also the creepers that are just trying to take advantage of women... and for these guys well... they usually get avoided like a plague anyway.

I'm the kind of person that I'd prefer someone who was straight forward. I don't have time for a bunch of crap and I'm sure that a lot of women are like me.

Alot of women SAY that... in my experience it's quite rare to meet women that are completely straight forward and have their act together ALOT of the times women try to play games of some form or another, also there's always some sort of 'testing' that women do... but that at least makes sense, and after some time you learn to enjoy the tests because that shows that the woman is interested enough to find out if you make her cut.

Really, the whole over-thinking thing is a bad idea.

Impossible, Im a nerd, over-thinking is in our nature.

Hell.. just walk up to a gal (or a guy if that's your thing) and talk to them.

Considering how I want to see you in a Dominatrix outfit, Im pretty sure men arent my thing.

Being a pick up artist is like being a magician: you have a bag of tricks that you are able to draw from that work in certain situations. Problem is that it's a gimmick; the second you step out of those situations you're completely lost. The only way to become a true master of "pick up" is inner self improvement. See RSD's Blueprint Decoded or Pook's book for an example of this. Success with women is, like anything, based on inner peace.

Last edited:
What do the ladies think? can you spot a pickup artist? Have need for one? Have a bad line thats stuck in your psyche from a wanna be Don Juan who miserabley failed," to cause you to feel out loud with him for a time" ? Do tell I would be interested to hear what you have to say.

What do the ladies think? can you spot a pickup artist? Have need for one? Have a bad line thats stuck in your psyche from a wanna be Don Juan who miserabley failed," to cause you to feel out loud with him for a time" ? Do tell I would be interested to hear what you have to say.

well...i haven't dated since i was 16...but have had plenty of come-ons. so yes, i can always spot a pickup line, and most of them suck. the only ones i would respond to would be funny........because i have a soft spot for a wicked sense of humor. sexiest thing a man can have, a quick wit.

Back
Top Bottom