• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How to be a Pickup Artist

Anyone identifying as a "pick-up artist" needs to be smashed in the face with a sledgehammer.

"Online Dating University"? People actually pay money for this crap?!

How YOU doin'? Your avatar looks lovely. Its a beautiful night out, isnt it? :2wave: :cool: :lol:

You amateurs, I will reveal to you, at the bottom of this reply, the one and only tool you need to be the best pickup artist in the world, with this one object, you will be able to pick up any woman you can imagine

forklift-2.jpg

:2razz:

You might wan't to save that kind of talk for the sex and sexuality forum. Whatever your into my man. :shrug:

You know, like the placebo effect. This "pickup artist" stuff isn't "basic psychology" it's just a bunch of BS. But it gives a shy loser the confidence to actually talk to a girl if he thinks he has some sort of system and he's a pickup artist (just like the feather gave Dumbo the confidence to fly, even though it wasn't really magic). :lol: It's kind of idiotic, really.

You know, like the placebo effect. This "pickup artist" stuff isn't "basic psychology" it's just a bunch of BS. But it gives a shy loser the confidence to actually talk to a girl if he thinks he has some sort of system and he's a pickup artist (just like the feather gave Dumbo the confidence to fly, even though it wasn't really magic). :lol: It's kind of idiotic, really.

uhm, I said the same thing, Only smarter and more concise. :shrug:

but know, it's not a "placebo" effect. It's teaching a system, that may or may not work, based on psychology.

uhm, I said the same thing, Only smarter and more concise. :shrug:
but know, it's not a "placebo" effect. It's teaching a system, that may or may not work, based on psychology.

You said precisely the opposite of what I said, and in your second sentence you even seem to be aware of the fact.
The system is not based on psychology. Maybe pseudo-psychology. But it is absurd to think of this as some sort of truly methodical approach. What I'm saying is that this ridiculous jargon is just a bunch of gibberish that accomplishes nothing in and of itself. What you're saying is that the gibberish is "based on psychology" and "may or may not work." Let me make it simple for you, it doesn't work. It is just a bunch of misogynistic hogwash. If it has any "effect" at all it is the placebo effect in giving the loser who uses this method the confidence to attempt to leave the basement to talk to girls in the first place. :rofl: but yeah, I guess it's all just the "same thing" to you.

Last edited:
You said precisely the opposite of what I said, and in your second sentence you even seem to be aware of the fact.
The system is not based on psychology. Maybe pseudo-psychology. But it is absurd to think of this as some sort of truly methodical approach. What I'm saying is that this ridiculous jargon is just a bunch of gibberish that accomplishes nothing in and of itself. What you're saying is that the gibberish is "based on psychology." :rofl: but yeah, I guess it's all just the "same thing" to you.

:shrug: are you really getting personal over a pick up poster? How lame. :lol:

So I guess the moral of the story is nerds have finally figured out how to do something that confident guys have known all along. And like nerds always do, they totally ruined it.

:shrug: are you really getting personal over a pick up poster? How lame. :lol:

Personal? So far I've only been critical of people who use the pickup artist technique, I never directed any criticism toward you personally.... waitaminute...:shock:

Last edited:
So I guess the moral of the story is nerds have finally figured out how to do something that confident guys have known all along. And like nerds always do, they totally ruined it.

Personal? So far I've only been critical of people who use the pickup artist technique, I never directed any criticism toward you personally.... waitaminute...:shock:

you said:
...:rofl: but yeah, I guess it's all just the "same thing" to you.

What did you mean by this? please expound.

It is NOT a placebo. Look, there are MANY conventions monthly on how to become a better sales person. Management spends a lot of money on training their sales staff. it is NOT a placebo.

It is NOT a placebo. Look, there are MANY conventions monthly on how to become a better sales person. Management spends a lot of money on training their sales staff. it is NOT a placebo.

Of course it's not a placebo. We used to call it "having game".

that's it shorty... :mrgreen:

Yeah, I don't use that kind of malarky. And I don't want the kind of weak-minded person that it would work on. Also, I have nothing but scorn for guys who are so socially inept that they'd consider stooping to this behavior.

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't use that kind of malarky. And I don't want the kind of weak-minded person that it would work on.

See, now, it's not actually malarky, it's basically proper flirting, would you rather have the playful guy teasing you, or the dweeb trying to shove free drinks down your throat.

The fact that some yahoo's are trying to make bank of the game is irrelevant to the fact of what is and what is not good methods of attracting folk.

Yeah, I don't use that kind of malarky. And I don't want the kind of weak-minded person that it would work on. Also, I have nothing but scorn for guys who are so socially inept that they'd consider stooping to this behavior.
I have to agree. I've never understood the nervousness behind talking to women. I've never picked up a woman from a bar or any similar setting (I prefer to be friends first THEN date) but I dont really see a reason for the anxiety.

If she shoots you down, big deal, she said no. It's not like there are NO other women in the world.

Do you REALLY want your efforts to find a mate be on the same level as a sales person?

Last edited:
What did you mean by this? please expound.

Sure no problem. Your position is the opposite of mine, but you claim that you said the "same thing." It was a dig at your for your poor debate skills, it had nothing to do with your use of pickup artistry.

Sure no problem. Your position is the opposite of mine, but you claim that you said the "same thing." It was a dig at your for your poor debate skills, it had nothing to do with your use of pickup artistry.

So what is your position again. I was barely paying attention to you. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom