• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

how the turntables have just turned

DarkWizard12

Sir Poop A lot
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
Suddenly covid is an afterthought and the left are all for Nationalism, strong borders, and an armed citizenry defending themselves. My my how fast we have flip flopped. It’s almost as if they’re projecting their spineless lack of patriotism and adopting this pseudo patriotism for another country that they know nothing about.

Suddenly covid is an afterthought and the left are all for Nationalism, strong borders, and an armed citizenry defending themselves. My my how fast we have flip flopped. It’s almost as if they’re projecting their spineless lack of patriotism and adopting this pseudo patriotism for another country that they know nothing about.
May have something to do with the fact that new Covid cases were down 90% in this country before the invasion of Ukraine.

Never put it past Biden haters to spin some untruth when the time is right.

I think it's more like all the crap the right makes up about the left is just that, crap, just like this thread.

So there is something wrong with moving on from a problem that is declining on its own to a new problem that just got started?

May have something to do with the fact that new Covid cases were down 90% in this country before the invasion of Ukraine.

Never put it past Biden haters to spin some untruth when the time is right.
Mask mandates being dropped almost everywhere, all of this before the invasion...

But I do like the "nationalism, strong borders, and an armed citizenry" part, because the OP wants to compare US citizens who are free and not being invaded to a sovereign country being attacked militarily by their neighbor.

“Nationalism” and “pseudo patriotism” are Trumpism/Trumpster identifying traits.

A real nationalist would not be a whiny bitch about wearing a mask for the good of the country.. PATRIOTS give a shit about more than themselves and rarely need to profess their patriotism. It's sorta like having character, those that have it don't need to talk about it...

Ahhh....have you been watching the COVID numbers???? I bet not.

All my friends are critical thinkers. I come here to hear from those who aren't.

Thanks.

You sound disappointed. Rooting for more of your fellow Americans to get sick from Covid, I see.

Just about anything. The complete unwillingness of the Right and the American Russia-cons to stay remotely abreast of current events and still expect to be taken seriously here is a recurring source of comic relief.

Just about anything. The complete unwillingness of the Right and the American Russia-cons to stay remotely abreast of current events and still expect to be taken seriously here is a recurring source of comic relief.
Should be easy then to provide one.

Maybe that's how your chosen media is playing it. Reality is different.

Aren't turntables supposed to turn?
giphy.gif

So there is something wrong with moving on from a problem that is declining on its own to a new problem that just got started?
if you're all happy for ukrainian citizens being armed with automatic weapons, then you should have no problem with Americans having so many weapons as well.

if you're all happy for ukrainian citizens being armed with automatic weapons, then you should have no problem with Americans having so many weapons as well.
it appears that the automatic weapons (if that's all they have) are gonna get them overtaken by Russia.

it appears that the automatic weapons (if that's all they have) are gonna get them overtaken by Russia.
something for the left to think about, i suppose, if they support arming ukrainian civilians so much. I see no problem with it. Ukrainians should have guns...just like ANY country's population should have guns.

we tried to help the antivaxxers and dumbasses and they fought us every step of the way (while many died and broke their own families).

all we can do now is have sane people protect themselves (vaccines, etc) and let the dumbasses roll the dice and die (as 2,600 Americans did on one day recently).

something for the left to think about, i suppose, if they support arming ukrainian civilians so much. I see no problem with it. Ukrainians should have guns...just like ANY country's population should have guns.
if the Ukrainians only have the guns that are legal here they're gonna be Russians very soon.

now, how do you feel about making anti-aircraft guns legal in the US.

Because somehow America somehow shifted eastward 5687 miles and got attacked by Russia?

Last I checked, the US wasn't being invaded by the Russian military. And besides, if we do get invaded, Americans won't need automatic weapons. We have the most powerful military in the world along with article 5 of the NATO charter. We'll be OK.

Seems like you're just here to start some shit.

Before the invasion, Ukraine required a license to own firearms. License holders had to meet the following requirements:
  • is 25 years of age for rifle ownership, 21 years of age for smoothbore weapon ownership, 18 years of age for cold or pneumatic weapon ownership;
  • has no criminal record;
  • has no history of domestic violence;
  • has no mental illness or history of mental illness;
  • has a good reason (target shooting, hunting, collection).
Are you advocating we adopt Ukraine's gun laws? I can support that...

Back
Top Bottom