• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

how the turntables have just turned

Suddenly covid is an afterthought and the left are all for Nationalism, strong borders, and an armed citizenry defending themselves. My my how fast we have flip flopped. It’s almost as if they’re projecting their spineless lack of patriotism and adopting this pseudo patriotism for another country that they know nothing about.
As usual, you are lying, but what else is there to expect from factless right wingers.

Many liberals are vaccinated, spent 2 years wearing mask, distancing, and numbers are dying down. Between vaccinated and infected, have to e close to herd immunity. So its time to be over it. Unlike the stupid right winger, who all they do is whine about liberals. You whined about masks, now you are whining about things getting back to normal LOL how pathetic

Who is for nationalism and strong borders? Because of Ukraine? A foreign country invading a democratic country? That means we are for nationalism?

Damn, even for right wingers this post is so pathetic

Suddenly covid is an afterthought and the left are all for Nationalism, strong borders, and an armed citizenry defending themselves. My my how fast we have flip flopped. It’s almost as if they’re projecting their spineless lack of patriotism and adopting this pseudo patriotism for another country that they know nothing about.
While many of the lefties around here are supporting the resistance Ukrainians are putting up there are a few (and at least one right winger) that seem to have no appreciation for sacrifice. I have been absolutely appalled at the calls for Zelenskyy to just walk away and hand his people and his nation to Putin so that less lives are lost. How people can be so willing to sacrifice freedom is beyond me. I suspect that they would not be so willing to discard their own, personal, freedom but some of the comments lead me to believe that they would willingly allow their friends, neighbors and family to suffer as long as they, themselves, remained alive.

FWIW, the president of the United States seems to lean in that direction. He initially offered Zelenskyy asylum instead of military assistance and even now isn't willing to cut off US purchases of Russian oil. If we are unwilling to accept risk as part of an effort to preserve liberty then we are not worthy of any trust our allies, friends and families place in us.

Before the invasion, Ukraine required a license to own firearms. License holders had to meet the following requirements:
  • is 25 years of age for rifle ownership, 21 years of age for smoothbore weapon ownership, 18 years of age for cold or pneumatic weapon ownership;
  • has no criminal record;
  • has no history of domestic violence;
  • has no mental illness or history of mental illness;
  • has a good reason (target shooting, hunting, collection)

Yeah, the whole country was "may issue", until the politicians were in danger of losing their power, so now they hand out guns to whomever wants one. All this does is show that gun control laws make a population worse off, because they violate the human right of self defense. If the Ukraine had the same number of guns per capita as the US does, they would never have been invaded in the first place. It's your despicable ideology that makes a country weak.

As usual, you are lying, but what else is there to expect from factless right wingers.

Many liberals are vaccinated, spent 2 years wearing mask, distancing, and numbers are dying down. Between vaccinated and infected, have to e close to herd immunity. So its time to be over it. Unlike the stupid right winger, who all they do is whine about liberals. You whined about masks, now you are whining about things getting back to normal LOL how pathetic

Who is for nationalism and strong borders? Because of Ukraine? A foreign country invading a democratic country? That means we are for nationalism?

Damn, even for right wingers this post is so pathetic
hey, i understand. Ukrainians with guns and strong borders, good.. Armed americans with strong borders, bad.

Before the invasion, Ukraine required a license to own firearms. License holders had to meet the following requirements:
ah, well you see, we're talking about ukraine right now. We're talking about the left fawning over Zelensky's decision to arm ukrainians currently, not before.
Are you advocating we adopt Ukraine's gun laws? I can support that...
I am advocating we do the same thing ukraine is doing now, and pass out free automatic weapons to our civilians.

Yeah, the whole country was "may issue", until the politicians were in danger of losing their power, so now they hand out guns to whomever wants one. All this does is show that gun control laws make a population worse off, because they violate the human right of self defense. If the Ukraine had the same number of guns per capita as the US does, they would never have been invaded in the first place. It's your despicable ideology that makes a country weak.

LMAO... Ukraine isn't being attacked from those inside.. Good lord... How pathetic...

I am advocating we do the same thing ukraine is doing now, and pass out free automatic weapons to our civilians.

I will fully support this when we are under ATTACK... Facts weren't what you thought they were? LOL

I will fully support this when we are under ATTACK... Facts weren't what you thought they were? LOL
Patriotism is only good when we're under attack?

You are not yet happy with the number of children slaughter in our schools by the gun nut laws?

How many more will you require?

Last I checked, the US wasn't being invaded by the Russian military.

That makes zero difference. People have the right defend themselves, end of story. It doesn't matter one bit if they are defending themselves against a Russian soldier or an American car jacker/home invader/rapist, etc.

You are not yet happy with the number of children slaughter in our schools by the gun nut laws?

How many more will you require?
Totally irrelevant, but playing along with your hyperbole: infinity. That's how rights works. An infinite amount of people could die, and i would still have the right to bear arms.

if you're all happy for ukrainian citizens being armed with automatic weapons, then you should have no problem with Americans having so many weapons as well.

Ukrainian citizens didn't have them before this invasion. You don't have civil societies live in a perpetual state of war.

If the Ukrainians were able to get it when necessary, so can Americans.

Totally irrelevant, but playing along with your hyperbole: infinity. That's how rights works. An infinite amount of people could die, and i would still have the right to bear arms.

Not really. If something you are doing is hurting others, they have a right to ask you to stop.

What a stupid post. Claiming that patriotism belongs to the right is as juvenile as toxic partisanship can get.

What a stupid post. Claiming that patriotism belongs to the right is as juvenile as toxic partisanship can get.
Well, it kinda does, the right didn't make that way. The left did lol. The left can be patriots anytime they wish.

Yeah, it's almost like big problems can be eclipsed by even bigger problems. Funny how that works.

Sure just hand out firearms to people who have never shot a gun before and let them battle it out with trained soldiers.

Don't you think it might be a better idea to let them own guns before they need to use them, so they can have some experience shooting and handling weapons?

This is as dumb as suggesting a woman who has to walk home at night alone from work shouldn't worry about carrying a handgun until there's some thug on top of her.

Sure just hand out firearms to people who have never shot a gun before and let them battle it out with trained soldiers.

Don't you think it might be a better idea to let them own guns before they need to use them, so they can have some experience shooting and handling weapons?

This is as dumb as suggesting a woman who has to walk home at night alone from work shouldn't worry about carrying a handgun until there's some thug on top of her.

So you want to give civilians gunships to train on too? What about some practice with their own private nuclear ballistic missiles? They can practice putting in the location coordinates for DC or the home of whatever politician they currently don't like. It'll be great!

Back
Top Bottom