• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How the Pentagon is Preparing for a Tank War With Russia

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

Reactive armor and cross-domain fire capabilities are just some of the items on the Army’s must-have list....

defense-large.jpg

Simpleχity;1065886114 said:

Reactive armor and cross-domain fire capabilities are just some of the items on the Army’s must-have list....

defense-large.jpg

Who cares. We are not going to fight Russia in our lifetime. The Euro's are ******s, and the USA wouldn't have the stomach for it either.

How did Europe and the USA handle Crimea/Ukraine? We all sat back and said.................... we are all Crimeans/Ukranians

Ain't happening.

Why on Earth would NATO go to nuclear war with Russia (or vice versa) after the former spent decades upon decades spending massive troves of resources, exploiting risky covert operations and practically walking on geopolitical eggshells to prevent the two powers from engaging in all-out warfare and destroying humanity?

Can you say '****ing stupid'?
I think the collective ego of world leaders today has just finally collapsed into itself in complete and total retardation.

Do you think the US could hold off for another fifteen years as I will be dead by then, and they can do what they like as I am allergic to nuclear wars

Who cares. We are not going to fight Russia in our lifetime. The Euro's are ******s, and the USA wouldn't have the stomach for it either.

How did Europe and the USA handle Crimea/Ukraine? We all sat back and said.................... we are all Crimeans/Ukranians

Ain't happening.

The only way we can avoid war with Russia is to have strong and prepared deterrent other that the nuclear button.

Do you think the US could hold off for another fifteen years as I will be dead by then, and they can do what they like as I am allergic to nuclear wars

Those who think, "I will be dead by then," will be in hell by then.

FFS, what do they think this looks like, the invasion of Berlin? like it's going to be predominantly a tank war, or an even a remotely winnable one if it ever happens. vote out warmongers now, before their **** measuring contests destroy our country and who knows how much of the rest of humanity and the planet. it's time to evolve.

FFS, what do they think this looks like, the invasion of Berlin? like it's going to be predominantly a tank war, or an even a remotely winnable one if it ever happens. vote out warmongers now, before their **** measuring contests destroy our country and who knows how much of the rest of humanity and the planet. it's time to evolve.

I tell you a tank war would be more interesting, fun and glorious than diffusing IEDs and standing around waiting for some sniper to take a pot shot at you.

I tell you a tank war would be more interesting, fun and glorious than diffusing IEDs and standing around waiting for some sniper to take a pot shot at you.

i think a real war with Russia would be slightly more dramatic and catastrophic than either of those scenarios.

i think a real war with Russia would be slightly more dramatic and catastrophic than either of those scenarios.

Yes, but at least it would be a real fight instead of some hostile occupation like we've seen lately.

Yes, but at least it would be a real fight instead of some hostile occupation like we've seen lately.

yeah, mutually assured destruction is still a thing.

Just me, I say better a real fight and then regret it.

regret it with what? it's hard to regret when your city has been turned into glass and there's not enough of you left to even return to dust.

this is why i don't want hawks in charge of the military.

I wonder how many doves there are in the Pentagon? None above the rank of Captain. ;)

I wonder how many doves there are in the Pentagon? None above the rank of Captain. ;)

probably a few, but not many. that's why we need someone in charge who is reluctant to engage, IMO.

probably a few, but not many. that's why we need someone in charge who is reluctant to engage, IMO.

I agree, and I'm sure some exist over at the Pentagon, but the hawks are dominant there it seems. Tulsi Gabbard recognized her perception of Bernie's reluctance to engage when she stepped down from DNC, and Tulsi did a tour in Iraq, maybe 2.

explain what that looks like.

regret it with what? it's hard to regret when your city has been turned into glass and there's not enough of you left to even return to dust.

this is why i don't want hawks in charge of the military.

If Russia were to invade, say the Ukraine and we went in to kick them out, we would both fight them tooth and nail but it probably wouldn't get nuclear and whoever won would have Ukraine.

This would satisfy war hawks, industry and those who seek glory in military endeavor.

Must be getting close to appropriations time. Usually see stories about Nasa's "plans" about this time as well.

If Russia were to invade, say the Ukraine and we went in to kick them out, we would both fight them tooth and nail but it probably wouldn't get nuclear and whoever won would have Ukraine.

This would satisfy war hawks, industry and those who seek glory in military endeavor.

Russia already invaded the Ukraine.

we won't be kicking them out of Ukraine via a hot war.

Back
Top Bottom