• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How the Kentucky abortion law closed down all providers in that state

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The Kentucky law says no abortion after 15 weeks, but the proof is in the small print. The law requires providers to fill out paperwork before an abortion can be performed. The state has not created the paperwork, so if an abortion is performed, it would violate the law. The woman who wants an abortion must fill out paperwork giving the name of the father and all of his details. If a woman is raped by an unknown assailant, how can she know that information and not providing it would violate the law. A rape victim is given the day after drug to insure no pregnancy as in 1 in 32 cases the rape ends in a pregnancy. TO provide such a pill, the doctor must be registered to provide such services to the rape victim. The problem is that the state has not set up the procedure for registering doctors for this service and if a doctor gives anyone the medication without bring registered he will violate the law. The law is over 80 pages long with most of it concerning the "rules" to provide an abortion within the first 15 weeks, but at present no one can perform an abortion and remain within the law. I know someoen who was raped. She had to take not only the morning after pill, but had to be tested for AIDs and take medication for another 3 weeks before taking another test. Right now in Kentucky if this same girl was raped, she would have to have the child if made pregnant by the rapist. THis woman was so effected by the rape she had to quit her job and move to another state for fear tha the rapist would find her again. Just think if she had to carry the rapist's child and as in some states allow him parental visits.

Indy, when I was flipping through the news channels tonight, Rachel Maddow was talking about that. I don't like abortion, but that stuff is ridiculous. I don't see how it can stand up to legal scrutiny.

Indy, when I was flipping through the news channels tonight, Rachel Maddow was talking about that. I don't like abortion, but that stuff is ridiculous. I don't see how it can stand up to legal scrutiny.
Nobody "likes" abortion. That's a slander perpetrated by the anti-abortionists.

Nobody "likes" abortion. That's a slander perpetrated by the anti-abortionists.

Yes, Gateman, I think you're right. All my liberal friends don't like abortion but think it should be up to the woman to decide. Even though I am a "moderate traditional conservative," I (currently) feel the same way. (I don't know anybody who "likes" abortion.)

Back
Top Bottom