• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How the hell does physical fighting solve anything?

Mr.Nick

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Some idiot wanted to fight me and I found that highly illogical. The fight he picked wasn't over politics but rather the fact he thought IMO "I was more than a man than he was" because I was factual in all things said...

My immediate thought was "we're both going to look like 'pumpkinheads' after the fight" but even if we did fight both of us will still have our opinions... Like a fight actually settles weather something is factual or not.

I'm not opposed to fighting however, a fight has to mean something... I do understand that beating the **** out of an asshole can be quite fulfilling but that is only a small "war."

I suppose I just find the whole: "you don't agree with me asshole lets step outside" nonsense to be illogical.

Some people grow up learning that fighting is the solution to every problem.

Perhaps all of the "sense" he had was beaten into him, thus he figured that he would similarly educate you.

Doesn't the loudest/strongest person always win the argument? ;)

Some idiot wanted to fight me and I found that highly illogical. The fight he picked wasn't over politics but rather the fact he thought IMO "I was more than a man than he was" because I was factual in all things said...

My immediate thought was "we're both going to look like 'pumpkinheads' after the fight" but even if we did fight both of us will still have our opinions... Like a fight actually settles weather something is factual or not.

I'm not opposed to fighting however, a fight has to mean something... I do understand that beating the **** out of an asshole can be quite fulfilling but that is only a small "war."

I suppose I just find the whole: "you don't agree with me asshole lets step outside" nonsense to be illogical.

Quit being over-served and hanging out in bars. Or hanging out with others who do same.

Quit being over-served and hanging out in bars. Or hanging out with others who do same.

I hate bars, this "idiot" was a friend of my brothers.

Beating up another dude gets you laid.

It did when I was 18 haha...

When you get older the game changes..

If I even thought of that at the time I would have bashed dude just for attempting to use me as *****-fodder.

The fight he picked wasn't over politics but rather the fact he thought IMO "I was more than a man than he was" because I was factual in all things said..
Perhaps he read your posts here and saw otherwise?

Fighting is a lot of fun when you're younger, but as you get older it loses its appeal when you've got more to lose by fighting (job, respect of your wife and kids, house, insurance payments skyrocket) than by walking away (your pride - maybe, and a good time).

These days I would only get in a fight to defend myself and only if I had no other choice.

Fighting is a lot of fun when you're younger, but as you get older it loses its appeal when you've got more to lose by fighting (job, respect of your wife and kids, house, insurance payments skyrocket) than by walking away (your pride - maybe, and a good time).

These days I would only get in a fight to defend myself and only if I had no other choice.

I was just pondering why this cat wanted to "show off."

I had no desire whatsoever to beat the **** out of dude..

I just didn't find it reasonable, necessary or appropriate to do so.

The only reason why I brought this up is because I find the difference between adults (mature adults not progressives) to be different - extremely different.

I'm curious if there's an age difference between the two of you, and if so what that difference is.

I'm also curious how old you are, but don't answer that if you'd rather keep it personal.

People who go looking for a fight is one thing, but it's quite another when two people have an unresolveable conflict. Sometimes fighting it out is one way to settle it. But in this country, if you hit someone you go to jail. It's really stupid.

I'm of the opinion that sometimes fighting is good to get the message across. Sometimes talk is cheap. Sometimes someone deserves to get their ass kicked because of something so horrible they did.

I think words should always come first, but sometimes they don't work between individuals. Sometimes hitting someone is the only way for them to truly understand just how much they injured you; and sometimes people are too stupid, self-entitled or ignorant to understand anything other than a slap to the face.

We live in an era where people don't suffer a lot of consequences, so they run their mouths or do incredibly stupid ****. Physical contact will ingrain some new knowledge in them.

I'm curious if there's an age difference between the two of you, and if so what that difference is.

I'm also curious how old you are, but don't answer that if you'd rather keep it personal.

33(me) and 19-20...

That explains everything.

Make no mistake I could have beat the kid to ****, however I didn't for several reasons including my OP.

People who go looking for a fight is one thing, but it's quite another when two people have an unresolveable conflict. Sometimes fighting it out is one way to settle it. But in this country, if you hit someone you go to jail. It's really stupid.

I'm of the opinion that sometimes fighting is good to get the message across. Sometimes talk is cheap. Sometimes someone deserves to get their ass kicked because of something so horrible they did.

I think words should always come first, but sometimes they don't work between individuals. Sometimes hitting someone is the only way for them to truly understand just how much they injured you; and sometimes people are too stupid, self-entitled or ignorant to understand anything other than a slap to the face.

We live in an era where people don't suffer a lot of consequences, so they run their mouths or do incredibly stupid ****. Physical contact will ingrain some new knowledge in them.

I think if people got their ass kicked more they would realize "tough" is a criteria rather than a delusion.

I don't kill animals so I certainly wouldn't fight a brut looking for ***** while using his bull**** as a means of alpha-male-ism.

The fact of the matter is that from time to time you run into a person who really needs a boot in their ass. Maybe they're doing something illegal. Maybe they're doing something immoral. Maybe they just plain have their head up their ass and don't realize it.

.....and sometimes you run into that one special person in your life where, without regard for the consequences, it just feels really, really good to kick their self righteous ass.

It depends on what the issues is and who is in question, some people wouldn't respond to anything else.

The fact of the matter is that from time to time you run into a person who really needs a boot in their ass. Maybe they're doing something illegal. Maybe they're doing something immoral. Maybe they just plain have their head up their ass and don't realize it.

.....and sometimes you run into that one special person in your life where, without regard for the consequences, it just feels really, really good to kick their self righteous ass.

Yeah, assholes happen, and liquid courage is dope to some however there is always an alternative or opposition.

About the only way it solves anything is if you're flat out defending yourself (agreeing to fight isn't self-defense, really) or someone else, or some other very serious matter (as in the sort that usually means someone ends up dead).

Once upon a time you could duke it out and still be friends, or at least part with mutual respect, but that ship sailed a while back.

I made an avocation out of beating up assholes from age 15-20. It didn't really help much. They were STILL assholes, they just got sneaky and subtle about it, or made sure they had plenty of running room before engaging in their assholery.

Having a "don't F with that guy" rep tends to keep most of the small fry at a distance, but it also tends to attract the bigger and badder brawlers, the ones who really like to fight and are looking for a challenge or another notch to boost their own rep.

And of course there are never any guarantees that it won't escalate, and that weapons or bystanders won't become involved.

So yeah, it is pretty stupid for the most part... which is why it is usually reserved for young men and avoided by mature men.

With all that said... there are still assholes who richly deserve a punch in the mouth, and it doesn't break my heart when someone gives them what they are begging for. :mrgreen:

And while I may be getting some years on me, there are still certain limits to how much **** I'll put up with out of someone, so never say never I guess.

Fighting doesn't "solve" anything. It just allows one person to exert power over another. Neither person's opinion is vindicated as correct.

About the only way it solves anything is if you're flat out defending yourself (agreeing to fight isn't self-defense, really) or someone else, or some other very serious matter (as in the sort that usually means someone ends up dead).

Once upon a time you could duke it out and still be friends, or at least part with mutual respect, but that ship sailed a while back.

I made an avocation out of beating up assholes from age 15-20. It didn't really help much. They were STILL assholes, they just got sneaky and subtle about it, or made sure they had plenty of running room before engaging in their assholery.

Having a "don't F with that guy" rep tends to keep most of the small fry at a distance, but it also tends to attract the bigger and badder brawlers, the ones who really like to fight and are looking for a challenge or another notch to boost their own rep.

And of course there are never any guarantees that it won't escalate, and that weapons or bystanders won't become involved.

So yeah, it is pretty stupid for the most part... which is why it is usually reserved for young men and avoided by mature men.

With all that said... there are still assholes who richly deserve a punch in the mouth, and it doesn't break my heart when someone gives them what they are begging for. :mrgreen:

And while I may be getting some years on me, there are still certain limits to how much **** I'll put up with out of someone, so never say never I guess.

He was just a kid..

I just thought his "balls" were juvenile when that clown determined he was a "G" at 20...

He was just a kid..

I just thought his "balls" were juvenile when that clown determined he was a "G" at 20...

Well, yeah, from the perspective of pushing 50, a 20yo seems like a kid to me too... but 20yo's fight wars, get married, have kids, work jobs, and commit serious crimes also, so don't take them too lightly.

But yeah, put-on "gangsta" types make me laugh and roll my eyes....

i also don't do physical fighting. it's entirely worthless. if alcohol made me want to fight people, i would not consume it.

violent idiots suck.

Back
Top Bottom