• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How stuck in your ways are you?

Rhadamanthus

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I was wondering if people would please post what someone who opposed them on an issue would have to do to win them over?

You would have to show me a few reliable sources from my side who agreed with the information provided. That may or may not change my mind. lol

As for how 've changed as a result of this forum, I'd say I've only become more radical, after seeing how you on the right think. Not quite what I expected.

I try to keep an open mind and listen for logical arguments. If it passes logical scrutiny, I'll re-think my position and have at times, changed it.

Excellent question.
I kinda denied to myself that I have not changed any positions, but I think I have.

FOXNews, I rarely watch them anymore. For that matter, I rarely watch news on TV anymore. My TV used to be on FOXNews all day.

I am defiantly more open to gays - hard to believe after reading my posts, but some very valuable points have been made. I have come to have a deeper respect for our gay members. My position on gay marriage has not changed. I remember when I made the gay marriage forum thinking I would have a much harder time dealing with the topic. To me, it has become one of the most interesting due to the maturity of the posters.

Terri's case has brought an enlightening experience. Before creating this forum, I would have immediately listened to the news and by all accounts believed them. Now that I have researched it more, I came to my own conclusion. My opinion on this subject is not popular among the conservative crowd.

There is a few more, will share them as this thread progresses.

Back
Top Bottom