• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How soon we forget

Logical1

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
There has been almost nothing on networks, or even on the internet about the fact that yesterday was the 75th anniversary of the end of WWII. The great generation, including my two brothers ended the war with great sacrifice, and a great win. Most of them are gone now, including my two brothers.

Those members of the great generation saw to it that we are not goose stepping, or eating fish heads under some dictator. We owe them so much, but now we seem to remember and honor them so little!!!!!!

As I say two of my brothers were in WWII. One of them ended up in Navy hospitals for little more than a year, and hobbled around on a destroyed knee for 40 years, until the VA did a total knee replacement. I was 13 and 14 years younger than my two brothers, but still remember a lot from around the end of the war. Apparently it is just us old guys, im 81 that still remember what the members of the great generation did for us. This is sad. It also shows us the failings of the education system to inform children about WWII and what the real American men did for the country.

There has been almost nothing on networks, or even on the internet about the fact that yesterday was the 75th anniversary of the end of WWII. The great generation, including my two brothers ended the war with great sacrifice, and a great win. Most of them are gone now, including my two brothers.

Those members of the great generation saw to it that we are not goose stepping, or eating fish heads under some dictator. We owe them so much, but now we seem to remember and honor them so little!!!!!!

As I say two of my brothers were in WWII. One of them ended up in Navy hospitals for little more than a year, and hobbled around on a destroyed knee for 40 years, until the VA did a total knee replacement. I was 13 and 14 years younger than my two brothers, but still remember a lot from around the end of the war. Apparently it is just us old guys, im 81 that still remember what the members of the great generation did for us. This is sad. It also shows us the failings of the education system to inform children about WWII and what the real American men did for the country.

I think people remember. And we still honor people like your brothers.

I think people remember. And we still honor people like your brothers.

Hmmm....
There has been almost nothing on networks, or even on the internet about the fact that yesterday was the 75th anniversary of the end of WWII.

WW II ended on September 2nd 1945...OP is only 2 weeks off... Yay!!

Last edited:
Maybe because it wasnt yesterday.

Priceless. Lol

But that is the point, if we forget history, as they say there will come a time when people will repeat the same mistakes. As I say this is where the education system is failing our children.

But that is the point, if we forget history, as they say there will come a time when people will repeat the same mistakes. As I say this is where the education system is failing our children.

But that is the point, if we forget history, as they say there will come a time when people will repeat the same mistakes.

The problem is , we don't learn from history

You can teach it all you want

Well, the OP got the date wrong.... But you are saying the education system is failing the children?

Does not compute.

Where did the OP go? Opps….Again....:lamo

Or you can live it and serve your country

FYI as I said my two brothers were in WWII. I am a Vietnam era veteran, altho I was not in country. My two sons were in Gulf war one and two. All five of us served in the Navy. So as you can see, my family served our country well, not all talk, but put our country first. That is why I have such a dislike for all the assholes that kneel down when the national anthem is played.

FYI as I said my two brothers were in WWII. I am a Vietnam era veteran, altho I was not in country. My two sons were in Gulf war one and two. All five of us served in the Navy. So as you can see, my family served our country well, not all talk, but put our country first. That is why I have such a dislike for all the assholes that kneel down when the national anthem is played.

I served ten years. When I asked luther why he did not join he was " I was not stupid enough to join the military".

Take it up with him

But you don't have a problem with Trump, who dodged the draft? Called McCain and other POW's losers? Insulted Gold Star Families? Called generals babies and cowards? Constantly lies about the Veterans Choice Program?

Weird..

Pass in review, friends

Those men & women were heroes, whether they set out to become heroes or not. We owe them a debt we can't repay.

The best we can do - my opinion - is to carry on in their tradition.

We're dealing with our own problems in our own time.

The news I frequent mentioned it. The 100th year, there might be more of a celebration. 75? Meh.

I am bad mouthing you calling members of the military stupid

I'm bad mouthing you(the indoctrinated) that believe you have to serve to be a PATRIOT

I'm bad mouthing you(the indoctrinated) that believe you have to serve to be a PATRIOT

Call members of the military stupid again.

Go ahead....do it

Re: Pass in review, friends

Those men & women were heroes, whether they set out to become heroes or not. We owe them a debt we can't repay.

The best we can do - my opinion - is to carry on in their tradition.

- is to carry on in their tradition.

Like in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq for example?

Back
Top Bottom