• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How soon we forget

There has been almost nothing on networks, or even on the internet about the fact that yesterday was the 75th anniversary of the end of WWII. The great generation, including my two brothers ended the war with great sacrifice, and a great win. Most of them are gone now, including my two brothers.

Those members of the great generation saw to it that we are not goose stepping, or eating fish heads under some dictator. We owe them so much, but now we seem to remember and honor them so little!!!!!!

As I say two of my brothers were in WWII. One of them ended up in Navy hospitals for little more than a year, and hobbled around on a destroyed knee for 40 years, until the VA did a total knee replacement. I was 13 and 14 years younger than my two brothers, but still remember a lot from around the end of the war. Apparently it is just us old guys, im 81 that still remember what the members of the great generation did for us. This is sad. It also shows us the failings of the education system to inform children about WWII and what the real American men did for the country.

You mean to say that the Trump (the president) forgot about that? If there is someone that should not forget, it is the leader of the country. Isn't he supposed to be a patriot? You can't make America Great again if you forgot what made America great in the past, can you?

Correct date aside, what could possibly be the reason that it wouldn't get a lot of coverage this year? :roll:
How about a blatant attempt by the corrupt sitting president to steal the election? And that's just one of the multiple chaos stories reported on each and every day coming from the Trump "administration". There is so much chaos and corruption coming from the "Don", that leading coverage on those types of stories have to be smaller or even shelved!

Speaking of stealing elections how about the corrupt crooked mail in voting democrats are promoting. If they didnt think they could cheat the system why do they support it.

Speaking of stealing elections how about the corrupt crooked mail in voting democrats are promoting. If they didnt think they could cheat the system why do they support it.

What's the difference between absentee voting and mail in voting? I'm not sure what is funnier, watching Trump supporters here trying to promote this line or Mark Meadows this morning trying that line...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1294996000717910016

Last edited:
There has been almost nothing on networks, or even on the internet about the fact that yesterday was the 75th anniversary of the end of WWII. The great generation, including my two brothers ended the war with great sacrifice, and a great win. Most of them are gone now, including my two brothers.

Those members of the great generation saw to it that we are not goose stepping, or eating fish heads under some dictator. We owe them so much, but now we seem to remember and honor them so little!!!!!!

As I say two of my brothers were in WWII. One of them ended up in Navy hospitals for little more than a year, and hobbled around on a destroyed knee for 40 years, until the VA did a total knee replacement. I was 13 and 14 years younger than my two brothers, but still remember a lot from around the end of the war. Apparently it is just us old guys, im 81 that still remember what the members of the great generation did for us. This is sad. It also shows us the failings of the education system to inform children about WWII and what the real American men did for the country.
UK, Japan, President Trump mark 75th anniversary of V-J Day | Fox News

VJ Day: UK commemorates 75th anniversary as royals lead tributes

VJ Day: UK commemorates 75th anniversary as royals lead tributes - BBC News

What's the difference between absentee voting and mail in voting? I'm not sure what is funnier, watching Trump supporters here trying to promote this line or Mark Meadows this morning trying that line...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1294996000717910016

If you dont know the difference between the mass mailing of mail in voting an absentee voting, I suggest you do a little research and understand the huge difference.

If you dont know the difference between the mass mailing of mail in voting an absentee voting, I suggest you do a little research and understand the huge difference.

Enlighten us.. Mark Meadows couldn't explain it this morning... Are absentee ballots verified and counted differently than mail in ballots?

Enlighten us.. Mark Meadows couldn't explain it this morning... Are absentee ballots verified and counted differently than mail in ballots?

Mass mailing from voter rolls that havent been purged of illegal voters is voter fraud.

Mass mailing from voter rolls that havent been purged of illegal voters is voter fraud.

BS... I get dozens of credit card applications every year that I never fill out. If that credit card fraud?

What kind of “illegal voters” are on the voter rolls?

BS... I get dozens of credit card applications every year that I never fill out. If that credit card fraud?

If more than one ballot comes to an address because the voter rolls were not purged of dead people, what would prevent the people at that address from sending in all the ballots they got?

Answer that one.

If more than one ballot comes to an address because the voter rolls were not purged of dead people, what would prevent the people at that address from sending in all the ballots they got?

Answer that one.

Matching the signature to the dead voter and a felony conviction.

Re: Pass in review, friends

Quote Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Those men & women were heroes, whether they set out to become heroes or not. We owe them a debt we can't repay.

The best we can do - my opinion - is to carry on in their tradition.

end quote/

Like in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq for example?

Yes, there are questions & doubts about the US decisions to intervene in those countries. But I don't fault the valor of the troops (& diplomats & spooks, & anyone else who answered the call) who went & struggled on our behalf.

The worthiness of the cause does not determine the worthiness of the troops who served. In a perfect world, one would hope that the worthiness of the troops would guarantee the goals, but that doesn't seem to be how the world works. More's the pity ...

Last edited:

Quote Originally Posted by southwest88 View Post
Those men & women were heroes, whether they set out to become heroes or not. We owe them a debt we can't repay.

The best we can do - my opinion - is to carry on in their tradition.

end quote/

Yes, there are questions & doubts about the US decisions to intervene in those countries. But I don't fault the valor of the troops (& diplomats & spooks, & anyone else who answered the call) who went & struggled on our behalf.

The worthiness of the cause is entirely different from the worthiness of the troops who served.

. But I don't fault the valor of the troops

Nor anyone with half brain would not

It has Nothing to do with that

Nor anyone with half brain would not

It has Nothing to do with that

But you did say you think people in the military are stupid

Basically my brothers senior trip was to war. For far too many, over 290,000 it was a one way trip.

Now the snowflakes we have today run bawling to mommies basement if they see an American flag.

FYI people in the military have to be really smart to run some of the most advance machines in the world. Military tech schools are some of the finest in the world.

Can you imagine some welfare democrats running the nuclear power plant on an aircraft carrier.

LOL It's not a federal crime to vote by mail, by the way the president and his family vote by mail, but what is a federal crime is tampering with the USPS, which is what Trump is doing. Get a clue.

I think there may be some more important things going on right now.

Yesterday was not September 5. That would explain why there was nothing on the networks about the 75th anniversary of the end of WW2. Check again on September 5.

Not sure if I'm more embarrassed for you or those who liked your post.

Back
Top Bottom