• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How should we view the South African situation today?

I will admit I always favored the white South African government back in the 1980s because I believed that black South Africans would eventually fail. What are your thoughts on events today, especially considering Zimbabwe?
Zimbabwe is doing great. In fact so great the southafrican miners go work in Zimbabwe now.

I know at least one American Black man who believes that white people ruined Africa, and caused their problems. I work with that man, so I cannot discuss it further with him, perhaps you can explain how white people ruined Africa?

One word SLAVERY.

Get this. One mine in Zimbabwe has had 4 work related deaths in 2018. Yet they can’t beat the S/A miners off with a stick.

One word SLAVERY.

The blacks in Africa fought wars against other tribes to capture slaves, and sell them off to muslims, blacks, and then whites.

This is the second Apartheid fanperson I've seen in the past few months. Remember Hera?

No ... somehow that makes me feel lucky.

It's sad yet fascinating how open some people feel they can be with their racism.

Zimbabwe is doing great. In fact so great the southafrican miners go work in Zimbabwe now.

I guess the UN should stop feeding their citizens then.

Gee, why am I not surprised you are sniveling over the fall of the apartheid regime?

That is not my complaint, my point is that we the West went mucking around in other peoples lives, and then we walked away even as great suffering took hold, even as the society collapses...we simply did not/do not care.

We had other options, better options, because what we did sure did suck.....at the end of the day I argue because we suck.

In walking away we demonstrated our suck.

THAT is my point.

No ... somehow that makes me feel lucky.

It's sad yet fascinating how open some people feel they can be with their racism.

I would like to introduce myself Amelia

Gee, why am I not surprised you are sniveling over the fall of the apartheid regime?

The apartheid regime ended up being much more useful than the abject failure of the blacks. Face it, everyone knows it, it is not racist to say it, it is just a fact.

I guess the UN should stop feeding their citizens then.

Fine by me. One mine allows the dividend to go out of country. I’d like to own more of it. Caledonia. Don’t buy during the high though. It’ll go back down to 5 1/2 this year. If 4.25 I’m buying more.

The ANC is quite racist in every way, why do you apologize for them? It did not work out as you hoped, they are a nightmare really. Why are you so surprised?

I am not "apologizing"; I am stating what they factually are. They are factually not communist; they were anti colonialist.

Again, I am in contact with a white guy in South Africa. He has made it very clear that there is no "genocide" going on. Your "nightmare" doesn't exist.

That is not my complaint, my point is that we the West went mucking around in other peoples lives, and then we walked away even as great suffering took hold, even as the society collapses...we simply did not/do not care.

We had other options, better options, because what we did sure did suck.....at the end of the day I argue because we suck.

THAT is my point.

By that point we were so much stronger than other countries that we made mistakes by meddling, though I doubt anyone could blame us

I am not "apologizing"; I am stating what they factually are. They are factually not communist; they were anti colonialist.

Again, I am in contact with a white guy in South Africa. He has made it very clear that there is no "genocide" going on. Your "nightmare" doesn't exist.

Perhaps you are right, though the dawn before the Zimbabwe genocide did not seem certain either.

The blacks in Africa fought wars against other tribes to capture slaves, and sell them off to muslims, blacks, and then whites.

And 3/4's of the population of Capetown were slaves in the 1700's. Whites made slavery into a lifestyle of hatred and cruelty and S. African whites were the very worst of the worst.
If any group deserves to punished for the sins of their ancestors it is the Afrikaners. I have zero sympathy for them.

By that point we were so much stronger than other countries that we made mistakes by meddling, though I doubt anyone could blame us

We imposed our will and then walked away feeling great about ourselves, even as the society spun into chaos and now extreme degradation.

We have ourselves as the heros of the story, unaware/uncaring that we caused great harm, unaware/uncaring that we turned out to be of such low morality that we walked away from the great harm that we caused.

Also, anyone who doesn't recognize that the ANC is racist and communist is retarded. Just sayin?

THAT is my point.

No, we did not "much around in other people's lives".

The anti- apartheid movement was overwhelmingly composed of South Africans, supported by the West.

Far more suffering occurred under the various apartheid regimes that were prevented from slaughtering their own people.

What imaginary "better options" are you fantasizing about?

And yes, we have all heard your favorite dead horse.

We imposed our will and then walked away feeling great about ourselves, even as the society spun into chaos and now extreme degradation.

We have ourselves as the heros of the story, unaware/uncaring that was caused great harm, unaware/uncaring that we turned out to be of such low morality that we walked away.

Hawk we did not cause their problems. America was also a colony, that worked out very well.

The anti- apartheid movement was overwhelmingly composed of South Africans, supported by the West.

Far more suffering occurred under the various apartheid regimes that were prevented from slaughtering their own people.

I have already mentioned one a few times, we could have stuck around and helped out after we imposed our will upon that society...we owed them that much...Better People would have managed to do the right thing here.

It is just so difficult to find an example that would have given pause to ending Apartheid.

The apartheid regime ended up being much more useful than the abject failure of the blacks. Face it, everyone knows it, it is not racist to say it, it is just a fact.

The Apartheid regime was useful to absolutely no one. It's brutality directly lead to the rise of various guerilla groups and the deaths of many civilians.

It also lost every single one of the border wars it was involved in.

The simple fact is that the fall of the Apartheid thugs was a good thing.

After all, black rule is so comforting, so successful, so full of grand results

Hawk we did not cause their problems. America was also a colony, that worked out very well.

Actually as the lone superpower who forced our will upon others yes this is our fault.....we failed as supervisors/helpers/Leader of the Free World.

I’m wondering if the gold miners moved also to Tanzania, niger and Birkino Fasco, like the white farmers moved to Nigeria and Cameroon.

Back
Top Bottom