• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How should we stop the riots?

Affirmative action applies to minorities and is intended to increase integration, which is the only way to combat systemic racism. If a white student wants to get into a school where he is a minority, affirmative action would work in his favor, and would increase the level of integration in that school. It does not discriminate against whites, it encourages integration.

Then again the most affirmative action programs benefit women but smurt cat doesnt know that because he is stuck in alt-reich town. Redirect Notice

Affirmative Action: Myth versus Reality | Diversity and Inclusion | SUNY Upstate Medical University

Buh buh black man got good position me smurter white man needs to cry about it wahhh :lamo

Tough to deal with reality for you? You believe QAnon, Breitbart, OAN and you swallow dutifully. Your sources are conspiracy theory sources. Why do you swallow them?
:lamo

ANTIFA Rose City has been organized and committing acts of violence in Portland since 2007. They have been attacking citizens in the streets of Portland for years. And you believe the Proud Boys or Patriot Prayer caused them.

Again...I dont know what is more tragic...that you MAKE the stupid arguments you keep making, or that you actually believe them.

protests, are for those that are unheard. HEAR THEM. They will have no need to protest. HEAR THEM. And engage them. Simple.

Of course that is the obvious solution but it is interesting that no one on the right even mentioned it as an option. More importantly our President also does not think that he should even try to listen. That is why he must go. He is unfit for the job. Even the most basic requirements for the office are over his head.

Poll: Trump unfit to be president, majority says - Business Insider

Yep, the best way to end violence is to make more violence.
Violence solves all the problems in the world.

~snipped the divisive nonsense~

I keep telling you...hyperbole doesn't make your case.

I'm not talking about using violence to end violence. I'm talking about using law and order to end violence.

The most effective way to stop looters and arsonists is to shoot them.

You have peaceful protesters protesting the way blacks are dealt with by law enforcement

You have anarchist using these protest as an excuse to battle with authorities

You have opportunist using cover of the.protest to burn and loot

Hard to separate them

If someone in authority would begin dialog with the peaceful BLM protesters and get.them to stop then the anarchist and looters wouldn't have cover any more and could be handled by law enforcement

I think you have not been paying attention to statistics like this,

Gould withholds from his readers that The Bell Curve is mainly an empirical work about the causes of social stratification and that it reached its conclusions only after fully analyzing a 12-year longitudinal study of 12,486 youths (3,022 of whom were African American) which showed that most 17-year-olds with high IQs (Blacks as well as Whites) went on to occupational success by their late 20s and early 30s whereas many of those with low IQs (both Black and White) went on to welfare dependency. The average IQ for African Americans was found to be lower than those for Latino, White, Asian, and Jewish Americans (85, 89, 103, 106, and 115, respectively, pp. 273-278). Failure to mention these data fosters the false belief that IQ tests are not predictive and are biased in favor of North Europeans.
Article...

and this.

=========================
2006 College & University
Guidance, Scholarships, Money and Info Gateways
(For Students, Parents, College Advisors, Mentors,
and Cultural Groups)
==========================

SAT and ACT Scores by Race/Ethnicity: 2003

In recent years the noted pattern of test scores has reflected similar numbers--
Editor, 2005

SAT Ethnic Group Scores (Math/Verbal+total)

• American Indian---482/480 (962)
• Asian American-----575/508 (1083)
• African American-----426/431 (857)
• Puerto Rican----457/448 (905)

Other Hispanic----464/457 (921)

• White-----534/529 (1063)
• Other ----513/501 (1014)

Source: College Board - SAT, AP, College Search and Admission Tools

Average ACT Composite Score by Race/Ethnicity, 2003
----------------------------------------------------

• African American ----16.9
• American Indian---18.7
• Caucasian---- 21.7
• Mexican American----18.3
• Asian American---- 21.8
• Hispanic----19.0
• Other ----19.3
• Multiracial-----20.9
• Prefer Not to Respond -----21.8
• No Response-----20.1

Source: The ACT - Solutions for College and Career Readiness | ACT
SAT and ACT Scores by Race/Ethnicity

Our economy does not discriminate against blacks because they are black. Our economy discriminates against those who lack the ability to learn complex and marketable job skills.

You went in a completely bizarre direction. It is not that difficult to understand. White families have more wealth. That wealth is transferred to the next generation reducing the odds of poverty.

If the majority of black families have nothing, the odds of them succeeding are low. It is hard to succeed when everyone else is starting with a 30-second lead.

What started the riots?

IMO, stop what started them might be a good option.

The big one's started with Geo Floyd. Ever hear of him? Killed for possibly passing a fake $20. And that has not been proven it was fake.

Then more started a 1.5 weeks ago in Kenosha. Hear about that incident?

The death, or the murder if you will, of George Floyd did not justify the destruction that followed it. It does not even really explain it. When the police lose control of a black neighborhood blacks loot stores. It does not require a perceived injustice. It happened in New Orleans after Hurricane Kartina in 2005. It happened in Manhattan during the blackout of 1977.

It is unlikely that I would have a counterfeit $20 bill. I get my $20 bills from ATM machines. If a $20 that I got from another source was declared counterfeit by a sales clerk, I would explain how I got the $20, and wait for the police to arrive. If the police wanted to apprehend me, I would not resist them. I would save my story for the judge. That is the way a civilized man responds to a situation like that. It is not the way George Floyd responded.

I'm a big fan of giving the people what they demand. Pull out all the police forces and abandon the rule of law. Id make it 100% clear that any citizen that arms his or her self to defend their lives, their families, and their community are free from prosecution. Oh...and I would make it clear that ALL social spending would be diverted to the cleanup efforts, which would mean an end to the handout checks for a while. The citizens will either rise and and join the violent leftist ****heads or they will defend their communities from the violent leftist ****heads. Either way...

The alternative is for the politicians to have the political will to use the military and police forces to end the rioting and punish the violent leftist ****heads. But that is highly unlikely to ever happen since most of the rat poltiicans have been fanning the flames doing their best to try to bring this all about.

There is no rule of law in Black neighborhoods. Cops treat everyone as a suspect, and treat all suspects as criminals.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1. Declare rioters to be terrorists.

2. When rioters act, flood the area with National Guard. (Active duty military, if necessary.)

3. Declare and enforce a curfew in any area in which rioters act.

4. Arrest, charge, try and convict anyone breaking curfew or engaging in riots and terrorism.

Beyond that, fully enforce laws against anyone impeding the lawful right to travel. That means that any "peaceful" protesters who block public sidewalks and roads will be arrested, charged, tried and convicted of breaking the law.

This is the ONLY way to stop the riots. Leniency, accommodation, desire not to escalate...throwing money at them...none of that will stop terrorists and anarchists.

So in other words you want to ban protesting.

Another Conservative Originalist heard from.

I

Our economy does not discriminate against blacks because they are black. Our economy discriminates against those who lack the ability to learn complex and marketable job skills.

Oh dear, I don’t know what this comment is more ignorant of: how our broken crony capitalist system “works” or how systemic racism works.

That’s a toughie.

You went in a completely bizarre direction. It is not that difficult to understand. White families have more wealth. That wealth is transferred to the next generation reducing the odds of poverty.

If the majority of black families have nothing, the odds of them succeeding are low. It is hard to succeed when everyone else is starting with a 30-second lead.

The following chart, compiled by the College Board, demonstrates that whites whose family income varies from $20,000 to $40,000 have higher average SAT scores than blacks whose family income exceeds $200,000. This is because of a well understood genetic phenomenon called "reversion to the mean." Exceptional characteristics are caused by recessive genes that seldom match in the children of exceptional parents.

SAT 3.jpg

Oh dear, I don’t know what this comment is more ignorant of: how our broken crony capitalist system “works” or how systemic racism works.

That’s a toughie.

Cold hearted capitalists, governed by greed, want to hire the most capable employees they can. That is why they like to give mental aptitude tests to job applicants.

Trump did something similar in Minneapolis. Stopped the riots immediately.

Of course, he was asked to do it...and he did what he was asked to do. But if things get bad enough, he has the executive power to deal with the riots without being asked.

Trump hasn’t stopped anything. Different state govs activated the National guard as necessary. Trump keeps acting like this is his personal army that he can send in to quell domestic issues, but that’s not how it works.

ON your last point: are you suggesting Trump can take extraordinary authority in this scenario? WHat is the threshold for that trigger, please? Can you define that for me?

Whites are discriminated against by affirmative action policies.

It’s impossible for whites to suffer discrimination in America.

They can be beaten, killed, for being white and it still wouldn’t be a racist act.

So in other words you want to ban protesting.

Another Conservative Originalist heard from.

Mycroft was talking about rioters, not peaceful protests. Peaceful protesters have the obligation to prevent their demonstrations from becoming violent.

Cold hearted capitalists, governed by greed, want to hire the most capable employees they can. That is why they like to give mental aptitude tests to job applicants.

f06ca9f5aaf241bdef348db1199dd202.plist

New Survey Reveals 85% of All Jobs are Filled Via Networking

There is no rule of law in Black neighborhoods. Cops treat everyone as a suspect, and treat all suspects as criminals.

That is not true of all policemen. It is more likely to be true of policemen assigned to black neighborhoods than policemen assigned to white or Oriental neighborhoods. This is because black neighborhoods have many more criminals in them.

Mycroft was talking about rioters, not peaceful protests. Peaceful protesters have the obligation to prevent their demonstrations from becoming violent.

No, peaceful protestors have the obligation to protest. Local law enforcement has the responsibility to keep them safe as they are American citizens exercising their 1A right.

And this gets to the problem: white people think law enforcement is a white person service specific to their local HOA.

That is not true of all policemen. It is more likely to be true of policemen assigned to black neighborhoods than policemen assigned to white or Oriental neighborhoods. This is because black neighborhoods have many more criminals in them.

Delicious.

Trump hasn’t stopped anything. Different state govs activated the National guard as necessary. Trump keeps acting like this is his personal army that he can send in to quell domestic issues, but that’s not how it works.

ON your last point: are you suggesting Trump can take extraordinary authority in this scenario? WHat is the threshold for that trigger, please? Can you define that for me?

The President can invoke the Insurrection Act to deploy the army and federalize the National Guard to end this.

In Minneapolis, where some 400 businesses were damaged, owners and insurance experts estimate costs of the damage to exceed $500 million, according to the Minneapolis Star Tribune.
George Floyd protests could be most expensive civil disturbance in US history, experts say | Fox News

---------

This is only in Minneapolis following the death of George Floyd. There have been more riots since in other parts of the United States.

How should we stop the riots? Do you recommend a harsher response by law enforcement, social reform and social welfare spending, or a combination of both?
Blacks are not discriminated against any more. They are discriminated in favor of with affirmative action policies. Trillions of dollars have been spent in anti poverty programs designed mainly to help blacks. If black protests are legitimate, what do they still have to protest against?

How about addressing the grievance? :shrug: Demonstrate that there is not a problem with inappropriate use of force by the police, or take steps to end it. I think that would probably go a long way, seeing as that's what they're asking for.

The President can invoke the Insurrection Act to deploy the army and federalize the National Guard to end this.

What would be the reasoning behind that though? What is the danger happening that would make that necessary?

Anecdotes dont matter :p even if i took you seriously for the sake of argument, lots of idiot white people get higher positions based on inherited wealth through no merit of their own. To counter your anecdote, dumpster donnie. So if you wanna bitch about the effects of capitalism, im game. Tell me, what were the genes dumpster donnie inherited that caused him to gain such wealth since you made the same argument for Jeff Bezos.

in one study of top law schools, more than 50 percent of African-American law students (many of whom had been admitted pursuant to affirmative action policies) were in the bottom 10 percent of their class. And the dropout rate among African-American students was more than twice that of their white peers (19.3 percent vs. 8.2 percent)...

How Affirmative Action at Colleges Hurts Minority Students | The Heritage Foundation.

What would be the reasoning behind that though? What is the danger happening that would make that necessary?

Per the Act:

“The President, by using the militia or the armed forces, or both, or by any other means, shall take such measures as he considers necessary to suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy, if it—

(1) so hinders the execution of the laws of that State, and of the United States within the State, that any part or class of its people is deprived of a right, privilege, immunity, or protection named in the Constitution and secured by law, and the constituted authorities of that State are unable, fail, or refuse to protect that right, privilege, or immunity, or to give that protection; or
(2) opposes or obstructs the execution of the laws of the United States or impedes the course of justice under those laws.”

Portland fits that to a T.

Back
Top Bottom