• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

HOW REVEALING ARE YOUR USER NAMES?

Oh I loved California Chrome! Not just him but his owners. Great story.

I remember Tiz Now well. Great horse.

Tres Borrachos was on the California circuit a decade or so ago. He was retired to enjoy life at a nice ranch. Great little workhorse.

If you're going for the unique C names there's also Funny Cide, another favorite of mine!
Yeah, remember Funny Cide, New York based, gelding so unfortunately no babies to follow in daddy's footsteps.

California Chrome out ran is breeding to become a champion, ran his heart out in the Belmont even in defeat.

Possibly. The story was I got in a fight with a hooker while on liberty. They were so far off but then again, it was one of my DC friends spreading that rumor who actually knew the real story.
Oh, ok. I was thinking of an indicent decades ago where a Navy ship dragged anchor and hooked a phone link between HK an Kowloon.

Oh, ok. I was thinking of an indicent decades ago where a Navy ship dragged anchor and hooked a phone link between HK an Kowloon.
This was only a little less than 2 decades ago, right before OIF (participated in OIF in that same deployment and then got a visit from President Bush at the end). Somewhat similar incident, but involved damage to the ship (and my personal self) only. The damage was mainly caused by a large wire that the anchor had pulled up from the harbor and lifted high enough to get sucked into a seawater inlet.

Yeah, remember Funny Cide, New York based, gelding so unfortunately no babies to follow in daddy's footsteps.

California Chrome out ran is breeding to become a champion, ran his heart out in the Belmont even in defeat.

Dumb Ass Partners were his owners. I had so much fun with that.

Funny Cide is at the Kentucky Horse Park where the great John Henry (my all time favorite), Cigar, Alysheba and Bold Forbes all lived. I got to see them all (including Funny Cide).

Dumb Ass Partners were his owners. I had so much fun with that.

Funny Cide is at the Kentucky Horse Park where the great John Henry (my all time favorite), Cigar, Alysheba and Bold Forbes all lived. I got to see them all (including Funny Cide).
Yes, I remember one of the owners was quite a character when interviewed on tv.

Cigar and his win streak and Alysheba's battles with Bet Twice were classic. Be remiss if I didn't mention Secretariat imo the greatest of all time. Still enjoy rewatching his Belmont win.

When I was 16 I went to work that summer on a cattle ranch in eastern Colorado. Didn't get to do much from the back of a horse, but I cleaned and painted just about everything on that ranch, and hauled a lot of hay bales. Toward the end of the summer I was doing some cowboy work from horseback, and one evening I came in to chow all dirty and dusty, and one of the old timers says, "there goes a real waddy". The nickname stuck, and my friends have known me by that nickname ever since. Later I found out it just meant cowboy.
That Fall found me and 8 other teenagers cleaning used bricks (chipping off the old mortar) for old John Miller of Miller construction. Using them for a new apartment complex. By cold weather there was only me and another young guy still on that job. Miller took us under his wing, and taught us both a lot about construction. I learned to stick shift on an old pickup, in the gravel parking lot, and later how to stick weld (fire escapes).
BTW; I didn't make jack shit on either of those jobs, but it still beat fast food. Later in life I taught construction, and was a part owner in a farm/ranch in western Kansas, which my daughter and her husband still own.

My username is a childhood nickname, combining together my last name and the stage name of a Rochester radio host.

I had wanted Rowman as that was my particular sport, but it was already taken, so my current username was the acceptable alternative!

Yes, I remember one of the owners was quite a character when interviewed on tv.

Cigar and his win streak and Alysheba's battles with Bet Twice were classic. Be remiss if I didn't mention Secretariat imo the greatest of all time. Still enjoy rewatching his Belmont win.

The second greatest moment in sports behind the 1980 Olympic hockey win.

"He is moving like a tremendous machine!" The great Chic Anderson call.

Mine comes out of an old military nickname that is a conflagration of other words and names. There are less than 10 people on the planet who know the root and truly understand. A somewhat larger number knows that I use this nickname in the real world as well.

Therefore my username is not revealing at all, and near perfect for on-line use.

Because of how unique it is, if anyone who knows the source, or anyone who knows me in the real world were to join this forum, they would know me immediately - I suspect.

Someone once said that names reveal a persons character. How much thought do you put into your choice for user names?
I chose mine because it's similar to my actual name, I'm Messianic Jewish, and it means hammer. The idea was I'm here to be a hammer against false ideas.

I can neither confirm nor deny that. Why do you ask?
Obviously, because I was there too. From 2009 and on... You and Trix were bosom buddies.

Last edited:
Obviously, because I was there too. From 2009 and on... You and Trix were bosom buddies.
Yeah, we’ve been friends IRL for years. Did you use the same screen name? Neither Trix nor I remember it.

Didn't give much thought to mine. Found this site, needed a username, and Trump's failure at protecting American citizens did the rest.

Yeah, we’ve been friends IRL for years. Did you use the same screen name? Neither Trix nor I remember it.
Do you remember Wonderboy?

Back
Top Bottom