• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

HOW REVEALING ARE YOUR USER NAMES?

I'm not into New Yorkers.
Whoa whoa whoa!!!

5d704937f736a7b8781ffb8609990487.jpg

I started out on the old Yahoo Message Boards. They allowed you to have up to 6 separate ID's. Got into a lot of debates with creationists, during which the phrase "random mutation" became part of standard vocabulary. Which gave me the idea for the name. Also I liked to gamble. So "random" had extra significance.

Used to be how the defense kept the ice clear in front of their goalie but Gary Bettman wanted to expand the league in the US and wanted more scoring to attract more fans so you can't do that there anymore. It used to cause whiplash injuries so It's hard to say cracking down was a bad thing but not allowing crosschecking in the slot leaves the D kind of helpless.

Perhaps but if they wanted more US fans they wouldn't have worked to decrease fighting.

A lot of fans in the US may not understand icing the puck but they know about dropping the gloves.

You are correct that being a D-man in hockey is tougher and akin to NFL defensemen who must also walk a tightrope.

A high school nickname. So I didn't create it. The only thought I put into this was which nickname to use. Had I chosen differently you might know me as "Shwamper" short for swamp-piggy.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

It's Canada where I live; very little is hot around here. I've been shovelling snow all day. God's dandruff never stops up here. My first car was a 1971 Plymouth Duster 340. It was most definitely neither hot, nor rod. It was basically self-propelled rust. Come to think of it, it had a black faux-leather interior, so on a warm and sunny summer day it was hot, but in the wrong way.

So, what kind of a mutation are you? Point, insertion, deletion, translocation, missence, nonsense, inversion, epigenetic or silent?

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

I call myself the "parser" because I love to parse sentences.

I think that the English language is magnificent, so I try to use correct English.

For example, I am very disappointed that a lot of people do not know the difference between "it's" and "its."

I'm inspired about Martin Luther and the Church Reformation

It's one of those world history changes(More rare)

I believe the U.S. needs a Reformation of this magnitude

I call myself the "parser" because I love to parse sentences.

I think that the English language is magnificent, so I try to use correct English.

For example, I am very disappointed that a lot of people do not know the difference between "it's" and "its."

Yep, much like “there”, “their” and “they’re”.

There's a ton of Greeks in my city, and I grew-up with quite a few, with GreekTown just one neighborhood over. You've got that (bolded) dead-nuts on. They grow Oregano, we grow Basil. Big deal. Everything else underneath is the same. Well, except maybe the Greeks are a little easier going, and perhaps a little less likely to take an insult hard.

The way I heard this described by a new Asian immigrant citizen, is:

"The Greeks are just like the Italians, just a little crazier!"

I think that's an astute observation!
And considering that ancient Greeks colonized Sicily and much of Adriatic coast of Italy most Italians have significant amount of Greek blood in them.

QUOTE="Crunchtime, post: 1073033789, member: 33466"]
Someone once said that names reveal a persons character. How much thought do you put into your choice for user names?
[/QUOTE]

Simple, my last name is difficult and private. And also very very Dutch ;)

My first name is indeed Peter and I am a huge fan of Elvis (the King) Presley and Stephen King the writer, hence the name Peter King

Back
Top Bottom