• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

HOW REVEALING ARE YOUR USER NAMES?

My member name combines my highest rank held in military service, with my willingness to stand firm in the face of adversity.

The avatar pictured is that of Patrick Henry, the man history attributes the phrase "Give me Liberty, or give me Death."

It encompasses my view of my socio-political existence.

Many wonder why a Black American would pick such an avatar.

I am one who is unconcerned with "race," choosing instead to focus on my core belief system for my own way in life.

So why some old white male, accused of being a slave-owner...which he was?

Because, I look beyond the surface to history.

Patrick Henry: Founding Father, Slave Holder and Pioneer – The Founders & Slavery (wordpress.com)

As one can see people can change. In any case, his words remain words I live by.
An excellent response, and an honest one. I appreciate your candor.

I have to make a confession and hope that you do not take it as an insult because it is not.

I am Greek, and if you are a little bit familiar (even as a tourist) with the Greek language, you will know that one common Greek insulting word is "malakas." And some times (for an especially big asshole) we say that he is a "megalos malakas" (the word "megalos" means "big" in Greek.
So whenever I see your name, I smile because it naturally sounds to me as an abbreviation for"Grand Malakas"

Sorry...(y)
Cool! I'm going to remember that, maybe work it into a conversation one day.
Malakas. Sounds like an appetizer that goes with saganaki, to keep your taste buds anticipating the moussaka that's coming up.
My name's Malcolm. It's shortened more often in Scotland than here but my sister used to call me Mal when we were kids.

Cool! I'm going to remember that, maybe work it into a conversation one day.
Malakas. Sounds like an appetizer that goes with saganaki, to keep your taste buds anticipating the moussaka that's coming up.
My name's Malcolm. It's shortened more often in Scotland than here but my sister used to call me Mal when we were kids.

Just do not go to a Greek restaurant and say something like "Give me one malaka" lol
My name is Pavlos (Paul in English) which is why my user name starts with pa.

In my younger years I seen a lot of time and lost some money in a neighborhood pool hall. I picked up some of the "gambling vernacular". A "Mark" was usually someone that had money and that one of the locals would hustle into a game. Not sure what a first person shooter game is but it sounds like there's some money involved. Nice handle anyway.
A first person shooter is basically Call of Duty or Modern Warfare, although there are a bunch of those now and at the time it was Wolfenstein something.

A videogame where you run around shooting, knifing, bombing, and blowing up the avatars of other players, and usually respawn if you die.

Edit: Can be single player against computer controlled enemies.

The perspective you view the game world from is first person, thus the classification as first person shooter.

Just do not go to a Greek restaurant and say something like "Give me one malaka" lol
My name is Pavlos (Paul in English) which is why my user name starts with pa.
Speaking of Greek restaurants my closest friend is Greek. His mom made the most kick ass spanikopita imaginable.

Just a 2 minute penalty in hockey for holding your stick with both hands and checking an opponent.
Not a smart penalty but nothing can wake up the audience like a body hitting the boards.
Used to be how the defense kept the ice clear in front of their goalie but Gary Bettman wanted to expand the league in the US and wanted more scoring to attract more fans so you can't do that there anymore. It used to cause whiplash injuries so It's hard to say cracking down was a bad thing but not allowing crosschecking in the slot leaves the D kind of helpless.

🤔

My user name is a shortened derivation of Lucifer.

There is a back story how my eyes when angered made me look like Lucifer in my wife's opinion, then I kind of liked that, but not all places back then would let me use Lucifer as a user nam so I tried variations such as Lucypher, LouCypher, Lou Cypher and eventually landed on LouC.

I knew I had evil eyes from when I was in my early teens. used to easily scare dogs, children and little old ladies with 'that look".

I am really a Teddy Bear, but I could melt paint off a ship with a stare at one time.

Almost got kicked out of a bar one night long before I met my wife cause a woman-girl made a big deal about my eyes, so of course I kept giving her "the look" real quick and scaring her shitless.

:ROFLMAO:
Oh now you tell the story. Surprised i only just now found out.

Another thing wargaming avatar.

Many on the game I play take the name of famous warriors. I don't.

There is something humorous about Erwin Rommel being sniped by a small critter..
World of tanks eh?

🤔

My user name is a shortened derivation of Lucifer.

There is a back story how my eyes when angered made me look like Lucifer in my wife's opinion, then I kind of liked that, but not all places back then would let me use Lucifer as a user nam so I tried variations such as Lucypher, LouCypher, Lou Cypher and eventually landed on LouC.

I knew I had evil eyes from when I was in my early teens. used to easily scare dogs, children and little old ladies with 'that look".

I am really a Teddy Bear, but I could melt paint off a ship with a stare at one time.

Almost got kicked out of a bar one night long before I met my wife cause a woman-girl made a big deal about my eyes, so of course I kept giving her "the look" real quick and scaring her shitless.

:ROFLMAO:
I'm just sitting here wondering how she knew what Lucifer looked like to compare.

Someone once said that names reveal a persons character. How much thought do you put into your choice for user names?

That someone is right and wrong. If I used my real name instead of Blue Donkey, it would not tell you anything about me except that. I have a common name so it may also belong to another poster.

OTOH I was totally confused when a poster named Dayton claimed he had no sex education. The subject is mandatory in all Ohio schools, so I thought that was impossible and asked him about it. He said he has no connection with the Ohio city of Dayton.

I thought Blue Donkey was a no-brainer for a political forum. The Democratic Party's color is blue and symbolic animal is a donkey. If I was a Republican, it would be Red Elephant.

More effort than ASDFG.

True, but that's not saying much since I probably put more effort into this reply than my username.

That someone is right and wrong. If I used my real name instead of Blue Donkey, it would not tell you anything about me except that. I have a common name so it may also belong to another poster.

OTOH I was totally confused when a poster named Dayton claimed he had no sex education. The subject is mandatory in all Ohio schools, so I thought that was impossible and asked him about it. He said he has no connection with the Ohio city of Dayton.

I thought Blue Donkey was a no-brainer for a political forum. The Democratic Party's color is blue and symbolic animal is a donkey. If I was a Republican, it would be Red Elephant.
I could have told ya that. Dayton is pretty liberal and definitely we have sex ed. Im pretty proud of how the city has turned out.

The first board I was on was the CNN political chat board-its been dead for years. Then the ABC board-it is gone too. My first handle was TerrapinStation. I was listening to a dead concert when I signed up. I changed it to TurtleDude later on because I kept getting asked what year I was at the University of Maryland.

Nope. Far more obscure. Its a realism game based on the Eastern Front. Germans vs. Russians. Huge German and Russian contingent.
Ohhhhhh. Speaking of realism game, battlefield europe or ww2 online i’d recommend.

Mine is rather obvious. And, yes it was intentional.

Back
Top Bottom