• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

HOW REVEALING ARE YOUR USER NAMES?

Crunchtime

Pro God Pro Israel Pro Life
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Someone once said that names reveal a persons character. How much thought do you put into your choice for user names?

Reactions: AJG
Someone once said that names reveal a persons character. How much thought do you put into your choice for user names?

Not a lot of thought went into it. I acquired my user name years ago on a unmoderated forum. I'm mellowed a lot since, but I was kind of attached to the name.

About 15 years ago now I apparently took the name my brother was using as his handle in a first person shooter game and ran with it.
I don't use this name anywhere else, and it occasionally confuses people into thinking my name is "Mark".
But I haven't managed to bring myself to change it yet.

Back around 2001-2002 or so I was still dependent upon my fallback skills in electronics and IT, so I wound up working at Lockheed Air Force Plant #4 in Fort Worth, TX. As this was a very high security defense plant and it was post 9/11, security was beyond tight.
Armed guards with AR-15's (or something similar), under-car mirrors, hood and trunk checks and every single ID scanned and checked every morning.
My first morning, I show up and give them my driver's license, and one of the more annoying guards decided he needed to give me a hard time.

"What the hell kinda license is this, you look like some kind of plaid terrorist.
Whaddo they call you back in Iran, Checkerboard Strangler?"

It stuck, I was "Mister Strangler" the entire time I worked at Lockheed.
I figure it sounds like the name of a blues band from Chicago.

If you know anything about Mycroft Holmes in "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress", then you know everything you need to know about me.

The rest is private until I decide to reveal it.

🤔

My user name is a shortened derivation of Lucifer.

There is a back story how my eyes when angered made me look like Lucifer in my wife's opinion, then I kind of liked that, but not all places back then would let me use Lucifer as a user nam so I tried variations such as Lucypher, LouCypher, Lou Cypher and eventually landed on LouC.

I knew I had evil eyes from when I was in my early teens. used to easily scare dogs, children and little old ladies with 'that look".

I am really a Teddy Bear, but I could melt paint off a ship with a stare at one time.

Almost got kicked out of a bar one night long before I met my wife cause a woman-girl made a big deal about my eyes, so of course I kept giving her "the look" real quick and scaring her shitless.

:ROFLMAO:

My name is Carol and Carleen is the Irish for it. I am not Irish,I am Scottish but my husband was and I really like Carleen

An unmoderated forum? That sounds like fun, what is it called?

Oddly enough, Loaches Online. It was a fish forum with an off-topic forum. Used to get really wild. It eventually morphed into Loaches, but now has moderation.

🤔

There is a back story how my eyes when angered made me look like Lucifer in my wife's opinion, then I kind of liked that, but not all places back then would let me use Lucifer as a user nam so I tried variations such as Lucypher, LouCypher, Lou Cypher and eventually landed on LouC.

I knew I had evil eyes from when I was in my early teens. used to easily scare dogs, children and little old ladies with 'that look".

I am really a Teddy Bear, but I could melt paint off a ship with a stare at one time.

Almost got kicked out of a bar one night long before I met my wife cause a woman-girl made a big deal about my eyes, so of course I kept giving her "the look" real quick and scaring her shitless.

Ha! I never had a clue.

Very intensive thought.

It was a nickname I was assigned while in the Infantry, I grew up in the woods, you know I am there when I tap you on the shoulder from behind, Too Late.

About 15 years ago now I apparently took the name my brother was using as his handle in a first person shooter game and ran with it.
I don't use this name anywhere else, and it occasionally confuses people into thinking my name is "Mark".
But I haven't managed to bring myself to change it yet.
In my younger years I seen a lot of time and lost some money in a neighborhood pool hall. I picked up some of the "gambling vernacular". A "Mark" was usually someone that had money and that one of the locals would hustle into a game. Not sure what a first person shooter game is but it sounds like there's some money involved. Nice handle anyway.

I only had a nickname one time, I liked it, but it only stuck as long as the job did where I picked it up. "Sparky" It was given to me because of all the things I kept setting on fire, accidentally of course, but a lot of them.

I was working in SoCal at one of the formerly largest cattle feedlots in Southern California and it was owned by then ARCO Seed Company and we were converting the place into a Seed Research Station. I was hired and put in charge of demolishing various parts of the feedlot infrastructure. Buildings, massive silos and a complex of auger bunkers and such. Just a whole lot of fun stuff to tear up or down.

There was a lot of heavy duty cutting torch work and we were always on a tight schedule to cut first and fast, so I often didn't check to make certain where the sparks would fly. Well after burning up some rather expensive field plot isolation tents, which wasn't all my falt, my supervisor called me Sparky and it stuck.

Someone had parked a skid of the rolled up tents at the base of a silo unbeknownst to me while I had already been topside cutting auger bunker boxes loose. Hot slag fell and ignited the tents. From then on the work crew with me had orders to always have five gallon buckets of water and fire extinguishers on hand no matter where I was cutting. :)

That was a fun job. I became very adept at taking things down.

If you know anything about Mycroft Holmes in "The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress", then you know everything you need to know about me.

The rest is private until I decide to reveal it.
I'll need to do a "Wiki" search to figure you out!! LOL

Mine is kind of a pun in French about my name and my height. It means "big sickness" in French and my name has been (rarely) shortened to Mal.

ASHES is a relatively new name for my online activities. I used to go by Oddity, but I outgrew that.

It's an acronym I use to remind myself not to take a second for granted.

Awful Shit Happens Every Second

🤔

Huh. And there I was picturing Ricky Ricardo, eyes narrowed and voice kind of threatening...
Never mind. I'm dating myself.

I spent almost 0 effort coming up with my username and it's essentially meaningless. I usually try to come up with funny usernames, but I just didn't feel like that was appropriate for a political forum and I'm no good at coming up with serious names. So I just said screw it and went with this.

Back
Top Bottom