• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Privileged Are You?

Van Basten

Black Is Smart
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Yes, I can already hear your groans from here. But, I found this rather amusing and it's gotten quite a lot of.....buzz on youtube. Even if it's, as some call it, "SJW" fueled crap, it's still entertaining

You don't have to actually watch the video, but I suggest taking the quiz and seeing how much of a privileged blob you are.

Link to the quiz -----> https://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/how-privileged-are-you?

I got a 75 and I'm black (which means I'm pretty up there on the privileged ladder), so anything is possible.

What's your score?

Side note: I really wasn't sure where to post this, so here I am.....

I thought this was going to be about poverty v. rich kids. I didn't realize it was just a dumb "white privilege" quiz. Eyerolls for days.

So about half way when I checked all of them I decided to stop.

Also, if someone asked to touch my hair I would be creeped out. Really, who goes around asking to touch other peoples hair? Why would someone think they're privileged because they never dealt with a weirdo that wanted to touch their hair?

Yes, I can already hear your groans from here. But, I found this rather amusing and it's gotten quite a lot of.....buzz on youtube. Even if it's, as some call it, "SJW" fueled crap, it's still entertaining

You don't have to actually watch the video, but I suggest taking the quiz and seeing how much of a privileged blob you are.

Link to the quiz -----> https://www.buzzfeed.com/regajha/how-privileged-are-you?

I got a 75 and I'm black (which means I'm pretty up there on the privileged ladder), so anything is possible.

What's your score?

Pretty silly quiz, I like the bubble quiz better

Do you live in a bubble? A quiz | PBS NewsHour

I got an 18, apparently I live in a bubble because I associate the name Jimmy Johnson with the Cowboys instead of NASCAR.

I thought this was going to be about poverty v. rich kids. I didn't realize it was just a dumb "white privilege" quiz. Eyerolls for days.

Most of the questions aren't about race.....

Pretty silly quiz, I like the bubble quiz better

Do you live in a bubble? A quiz | PBS NewsHour

I got an 18, apparently I live in a bubble because I associate the name Jimmy Johnson with the Cowboys instead of NASCAR.

Well, it's from PBS, so of course it's leagues better.

Anyway, take the quiz and see what you get.

I got a 14 on the bubble quiz.

Last edited:
So about half way when I checked all of them I decided to stop.

Also, if someone asked to touch my hair I would be creeped out. Really, who goes around asking to touch other peoples hair? Why would someone think they're privileged because they never dealt with a weirdo that wanted to touch their hair?

People will often approach black women and touch their hair without asking. It's surprisingly common, and yes it's very creepy.

What's your score?

Call it lucky. Call it privileged. Call it blessed. I already know I am. No test necessary. ;)

So about half way when I checked all of them I decided to stop. Also, if someone asked to touch my hair I would be creeped out. Really, who goes around asking to touch other peoples hair? Why would someone think they're privileged because they never dealt with a weirdo that wanted to touch their hair?

People will often approach black women and touch their hair without asking. It's surprisingly common, and yes it's very creepy.

Analogous, if you've had kids, is that women are often groped by strangers when they're pregnant. In that a lot of people think it's OKAY to approach a pregnant woman and touch her belly or do weird things like talk to her belly.

The "privilege" here being that as dudes, we don't have to deal with or even KNOW that there's a problem that creepers would be touching our hair or feeling up our bellies in public.

Last edited:

What's your score?

hmmmm

a little weird, a littler interesting lol
36.jpg

Wow, I live in Metro Detroit and have never seen that happen. Most black women around here wouldn't put up with that sh!t for second.

Wow, I live in Metro Detroit and have never seen that happen. Most black women around here wouldn't put up with that sh!t for second.

No, most women wouldn't. I myself avoid the topic of hair with all woman whatsoever, lol.

Agreed that would be creepy, but really, I've never seen that happen. I will admit, I had down to my waist auburn hair when I was a hippie and folks would do that. I didn't mind then because most of them were complimentary (and female :mrgreen:).

I don't need a quiz to tell me that I worked hard for every darn thing I got. Privilege isn't dependent on skin color, it is dependent on how you were raised and on your own personal drive for success.

hmmmm

a little weird, a littler interesting lol
View attachment 67203024

I'm about the same as you.

You live with 39 out of 100 points of privilege.

You're not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it. You've had your fair share of struggles, and you've worked hard to overcome them. We do not live in an ideal world and you had to learn that the hard way. It is not your responsibility to educate those with more advantages than you, but if you decide you want to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help.

How Privileged Are You?

You live with 47 out of 100 points of privilege.

You’re not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it. You’ve had your fair share of struggles, and you’ve worked hard to overcome them. We do not live in an ideal world and you had to learn that the hard way. It is not your responsibility to educate those with more advantages than you, but if you decide you want to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help.

How Privileged Are You?
You live with 40 out of 100 points of privilege.

You’re not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it. You’ve had your fair share of struggles, and you’ve worked hard to overcome them. We do not live in an ideal world and you had to learn that the hard way. It is not your responsibility to educate those with more advantages than you, but if you decide you want to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help.

What the hell is this about?

"It is not your responsibility to educate those with more advantages than you, but if you decide you want to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help."

What would I possibly want to "educate" the people who are more privileged than me about? Wouldn't it make more sense to figure out how they got those privileges so I could get them too?

Last edited:
I'm about the same as you.

You live with 39 out of 100 points of privilege.

You're not privileged at all. You grew up with an intersectional, complicated identity, and life never let you forget it. You've had your fair share of struggles, and you've worked hard to overcome them. We do not live in an ideal world and you had to learn that the hard way. It is not your responsibility to educate those with more advantages than you, but if you decide you want to, go ahead and send them this quiz. Hopefully it will help.

Could not get a photo in. Guess I would rate poorly on comp skills.
You live with 42 out of 100 points of privilege.

Could not get a photo in. Guess I would rate poorly on comp skills.
You live with 42 out of 100 points of privilege.

Seems like most of us aren't privileged. :lol:

Anyone that worked their way through life with little to begin with, has no obligation to feel privileged, or guilty.

Leave that BS for the self righteous social warriors.

I'm a 60 and "quite privileged". Who knew a Georgia boy could be considered "quite privileged?'

What's your score?

I got 24.

You live with 52 out of 100 points of privilege.
You’re quite privileged. You’ve had a few struggles, but overall your life has been far easier than most. This is not a bad thing, nor is it something to be ashamed of. But you should be aware of your advantages and work to help others who don’t have them. Thank you for checking your privilege.

Back
Top Bottom