• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How Open are you about Sex?

How open are you about sex?

• Christian--very open

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • non-christian very open

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Christian--somewhat open

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • non-christian---somewhat open

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Christian--not open at all

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Non-christian--not open at all

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Please Explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FinnMacCool

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Basically the reason for this poll is to find out how many people absolutely and truly believe what christianity or whatever will have them believe about sex.

My opinion: I was raised Catholic but, thankfully, I never was infected with this anti-sex attitude. I don't understand why our society acts so closed about it. Well it seems things are changing now, thank god.

Last edited:
Well, I voted non-christian, very open. But I'm not sure what you mean about "open."
Open about discussing it? Yes.

FinnMacCool said:
Basically the reason for this poll is to find out how many people absolutely and truly believe what christianity or whatever will have them believe about sex.

My opinion: I was raised Catholic but, thankfully, I never was infected with this anti-sex attitude. I don't understand why our society acts so closed about it. Well it seems things are changing now, thank god.

I voted christian very open. I am open about it in every shape and fashion except that gay stuff. I dont want to hear about that. :lol:

Hey god made me with PEN15 for a reason I miles well use it constrctively to please what god made women with.

George_Washington said:
I am fairly open about sex, in fact I'm having it right now.

Just joking.

:2funny:

George, my word.....you're the father of our country.....I had no idea.

mixedmedia said:
:2funny:

George, my word.....you're the father of our country.....I had no idea.
Hey they dont call him that for no reason:rofl

Non-Christain, don't mind talking about anything, very open about sex, but rarily finding myself talking about it.

I LOVE this poll, and the responses it has drawn. You all are hilarious!

I grew up Catholic and I used to have the major guilts whenever I committed a "sin of impurity." Thank goodness that's a thing of the past.

I am non-Christian now.

hmm compared to all your responses, I must be a little prude LOL

I only reserve talking about sex with my husband, for now. I have 2 daughters I'll need to educate, so I'm saving myself for that (and yes pun is intended)

I've never been one to discuss what goes on behind closed doors. Hmmm guess that's one thing good I could take away from my upbringing.

I think promiscuity is immoral not to mention grotesque. I don't have a problem with monogamous sexual relationships, but I do see problems with multiple sexual relationships, emotionally meaningless sexual relationships, infidelity, etc.

Has anyone seen "Closer" (Julia Roberts, Jude Law, Clive Owen, Natalie Portman)? That movie made me nautious.

Gandhi>Bush said:
I think promiscuity is immoral not to mention grotesque. I don't have a problem with monogamous sexual relationships, but I do see problems with multiple sexual relationships, emotionally meaningless sexual relationships, infidelity, etc.

Has anyone seen "Closer" (Julia Roberts, Jude Law, Clive Owen, Natalie Portman)? That movie made me nautious.

Sexual openness doesn't necessarily mean promiscuity. My interpretation of sexual "openness" means being able to talk freely about sex without inhibition. Kind of like Dr. Ruth, lol.

I haven't seen Closer, but I would think you should stay away from Kinsey if that bothered you. I haven't seen so much sex and talking about sex in a commercially released film since Last Tango in Paris. Liam Neeson was astounding, though. I liked it.

mixedmedia said:
Sexual openness doesn't necessarily mean promiscuity. My interpretation of sexual "openness" means being able to talk freely about sex without inhibition. Kind of like Dr. Ruth, lol.

Ohh. My mistake. Talking about sex, that's not big deal. I don't like it when it's a primal immature kind of conversation, but talking about sex isn't that big of a deal to me.

I haven't seen Closer, but I would think you should stay away from Kinsey if that bothered you. I haven't seen so much sex and talking about sex in a commercially released film since Last Tango in Paris. Liam Neeson was astounding, though. I liked it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Last Tango in Paris the infamous Marlon Brando sodomy movie (I understand the plot might be more complex, but I think you get the gist).

Kinsey might not bother me so much, as I already know a great deal about Kinsey and his study. Closer was about two couples and just rampant infidelity, and I don't know. It seems different when I think about the life of Dr. Kinsey and the lives of the characters portrayed in Closer.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Last Tango in Paris the infamous Marlon Brando sodomy movie (I understand the plot might be more complex, but I think you get the gist).

Yes, and there is a lot more to it than that. It's actually very good. It's more about human conditions: loneliness, guilt, alienation. And what we do to try and purge them. Unsuccessfully.

Kinsey might not bother me so much, as I already know a great deal about Kinsey and his study. Closer was about two couples and just rampant infidelity, and I don't know. It seems different when I think about the life of Dr. Kinsey and the lives of the characters portrayed in Closer.

Then you ought to see it. It's just that there was, if the film is accurate, a lot of "free love" going on in the Kinsey research group.

Also, just wanted to add, that on some level, the movie (Last Tango) is about apathy. And how we bury our vulnerable feelings, how they can lay hidden until it is too late.

Back
Top Bottom