• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How often does this happen to you?

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
So, you're a part of something - a sports team, a business association, who knows - and you need supplies. A specific, individual item, in fact. Definite in color, at the least, brand doesn't matter. The entire team/group/organization agreed on this one item, and from how they talk, they make it sound like it exists. Only, when you set out to find it, it's not in any of the stores that they guarantee that it's sold at. In fact, one of the stores they sent you to doesn't even have it in the book to possibly special-order from.

So you drive to several places, perhaps 4, or 6, or 8, seeking out said item because it is very important you find it.

It just doesn't exist.

So you arrive at the next meeting, without said item, and everyone else has it.

Obviously they found the magic source where this item isn't only plenty, but it was really a store dedicated to selling this one rare and unique item, and you weren't told about it - it's a conspiracy.

:lamo This is what I dealt with, today. A few days ago the cheer team decided on 'red - no show socks.' I went to 9 sports and department stores today - no one. NO ONE sells or carries RED NO SHOW SOCKS. Not a single pair.

So, you're a part of something - a sports team, a business association, who knows - and you need supplies. A specific, individual item, in fact. Definite in color, at the least, brand doesn't matter. The entire team/group/organization agreed on this one item, and from how they talk, they make it sound like it exists. Only, when you set out to find it, it's not in any of the stores that they guarantee that it's sold at. In fact, one of the stores they sent you to doesn't even have it in the book to possibly special-order from.

So you drive to several places, perhaps 4, or 6, or 8, seeking out said item because it is very important you find it.

It just doesn't exist.

Obviously they found the magic source where this item isn't only plenty, but it was really a store dedicated to selling this one rare and unique item, and you weren't told about it - it's a conspiracy.

:lamo This is what I dealt with, today. A few days ago the cheer team decided on 'red - no show socks.' I went to 9 sports and department stores today - no one. NO ONE sells or carries RED NO SHOW SOCKS. Not a single pair.

1) Buy white socks.

2) Kill a dude with a knife.

3) Put socks on knife wound.

4) ???

5) Profit.

buy another pair of socks and paint it red

Coincidentally, also the original name of Penthouse Forum.

roflmao

I just submitted some of my work to penthouse - maybe I can be the lie of "well they have really good article" LOL

It just doesn't exist.

Uh...let me ask the obvious. If they "don't show"...then...??????? It's that a bit like having "no show underwear"?

Try Running Socks, Hiking Socks, Dress Socks & More | SocksAddict.com

Always.

In a way it is a conspiracy. My hypothesis is that they are in fact in communication with one another, likely in a few groups that communicate, some being linkages between the other groups. At the end of the day, they figure out where it is and they all find out that way. Drives home the advantage of social groups. Given that I have no interest in socializing 99% of the time, it's also consistent with why I would often be the one that had no idea, and everyone else knew... :)
Networking ftw apparently.

Last time I made that agreement with a woman, she reneged on it. I'm still waiting. Something about too busy to go to the work bathroom for 3 minutes.

You and Anthony Weiner and Brett Favre.

You and Anthony Weiner and Brett Favre.

Were they expecting reciprocation? I just assumed that Brett wanted to slap his junk out there for her to see. Besides, his wife ain't half bad so he has a pretty good consolation prize.

It just doesn't exist.

I'm not very team spirited--I would have bought some Pippy Longstockings-worthy showy socks.

Yeah it was never that big a thing with me, but my 6 year old just sometimes has to have some specific shirt or something but he can never give us any clue where to get it, and often what the hell he is even talking about. That is a mom thing to decode. I am like, "Well, maybe, but you have to find out who has it" and be done with it because I know his wants today won't be his wants next Friday.

It just doesn't exist.

Do you not do online shopping? Because I found them at Zappos within 30 seconds without even knowing what they were.

Were they expecting reciprocation? I just assumed that Brett wanted to slap his junk out there for her to see. Besides, his wife ain't half bad so he has a pretty good consolation prize.

I've heard that since that incident and since he retired Brett doesn't get out that much anymore. I'm guessing Mrs. Favre clued Brett into how much he'd lose in a divorce. Brett put his johnson back in his pants and hopped back up on the tractor. :lol:

I've heard that since that incident and since he retired Brett doesn't get out that much anymore. I'm guessing Mrs. Favre clued Brett into how much he'd lose in a divorce. Brett put his johnson back in his pants and hopped back up on the tractor. :lol:

Yeah but he's in his 40s. He's too old to have sex anymore.

Back
Top Bottom