• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How often do you go for a drive with no place in particular as a destination?

• Often

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Occasionally

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Never

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
I used to when I lived in the states. Then I moved to the EUSSR and started paying $8 a gallon for gas. Now it's just strictly business. :(

I used to when I was younger and had no obligations -- I'd actually play a game that involved making random turns until I was lost, which then ended once I figured out where I was. Now my car is how I meet those obligations, or how I take some time off from them, but either means a destination.

Used to when I was younger, but nowadays the gas prices are way too high for my wallet.

All the time before winter. The old girl isn't particularly fuel efficient, but she's fast, even compared to some of the modern stuff. Most mornings, I set out for work about 30-45 minutes early, get a good heart rate increasing drive in down one country road or another, before going in to the grind. Great way to start the day.

Never, b/c I'm always in the car running here and there. I remember as a kid my parents used to take us on rides to nowhere all the time. Nice memories.

What an excellent analogy for our current foreign policy! I never do, it's expensive to waste gas, might get lost, and would prefer to stay at home and get some work done on the house...you truly are an analogy genius!

I used to when I lived in the states. Then I moved to the EUSSR and started paying $8 a gallon for gas. Now it's just strictly business. :(

I know instead you have to deal with really efficient and modern public transport and places with bike paths/ walking paths, playing this tiny little violin for you right now mate.

Some people must politicize the most mundane of subjects

Sorry, couldn't help myself... The last part of the response is true though. Are there people out there that really just drive aimlessly? Surely you must have some destination in mind...

Sorry, couldn't help myself... The last part of the response is true though. Are there people out there that really just drive aimlessly? Surely you must have some destination in mind...

Well, eventually I plan to end up back home. Other than that, not really

And it's not completely aimless. It's more like "I wonder what's down that road?"

Well, eventually I plan to end up back home. Other than that, not really

How do you choose which direction to start driving in initially? Maybe subconsciously you have a destination or at least turn around point in mind before setting out?

Never. If I want to do that I'll put on my walking boots and just head out on foot.

How do you choose which direction to start driving in initially? Maybe subconsciously you have a destination or at least turn around point in mind before setting out?

Whim

And turning around depends on my schedule, which is something I usually do not have

I used to but one night I ended up at the Kokomo with this hot chick but her seat belt got stuck and I've always held a grudge about that.

I don't as often as I used to. When I was younger and moved around the country I did it a lot. I like to learn about the area, see what's there, go directions I have never been before, and so on. I have found some really cool places "by accident". Places that I never would have found if I didn't go exploring. I don't do it as much as I used to, though.

I don't as often as I used to. When I was younger and moved around the country I did it a lot. I like to learn about the area, see what's there, go directions I have never been before, and so on. I have found some really cool places "by accident". Places that I never would have found if I didn't go exploring. I don't do it as much as I used to, though.

You don't really learn very much about an area through the windscreen of a car. You learn about it through seeing it up close; smelling it without the scent of Pine Fresh and exhaust fumes; hearing it without the thrum of pistons; and meeting it, talking to its inhabitants and not by seeing it whizz past at 30, 40 or 50 miles an hour.

As often as I can. Which unfortenately is very little due to my wifes anxiety problems and needing to know where she is going.

I do on occasion, but I'm of a mind with Andy here, I much prefer to drive to a national park and take a walk for a few hours.

Daily. In fact, I'm not absolutely certain where I am right now. I know what the address and the map says, but somehow I think Google and the NSA have changed things around on me. Also, I forgot to take my memory pill this morning, so who knows what's going on?

Back
Top Bottom