• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How Obama is Invading Your Home

Hold up, Deuce. I think Goobers asked an interesting, if a non sequitur, question, and I'd like a chance to respond with one of my own.

Hold up, Deuce. I think Goobers asked an interesting, if a non sequitur, question, and I'd like a chance to respond with one of my own.
Ah - liberal debate: avoiding a question by respondng with a question.
:roll:

Ah - liberal debate: avoiding a question by respondng with a question.
:roll:

Let's try to clear things up a bit. when your decision effects others, then you don't have a single voice on that decision. If it only applies to you, I suspose you have the right to harm yourself, assuming you won't ask others to help you later. However, if your choice involves others, and harms others, your rights stop there. Do you disagree?

No, that's Goobie debate. It's what he is infamous for and why no one really even bothers to debate seriously with him.
Goobie is a conservative.

Goobie argues like a loon.

Ergo, conservatives are loons.

Find the flaw in that reasoning, I dare you.

This passes for sound argument in your world?
No wonder you're foiced to evade so many points.

This passes for sound argument in your world?
No wonder you're foiced to evade so many points.

It's deductive reasoning. To use an argument that says this type of argument is always right, where's the flaw in the premise? :lol:

¬_¬

I feel trolled.
Sorry that the truth hurts so much - but if you really dont understand how your post was a clear non-sequitur, it explains a great many things.

Find the flaw in that reasoning, I dare you.

Goobie pretends he's a conservative. that's where your logic breaks down ;)

Goobie pretends he's a conservative. that's where your logic breaks down ;)
Is he one of those secret communists that Uncle Joe warned me about?

He said those Marxists try to touch my economy's nono parts.

Last edited:
Well, I for one am a red blooded American conservative, and I want my rights to 200 year old technology. The gestapo like highway patrol, paid for by the gubment that wants to run our lives, won't let me drive my horse and buggy on the freeway, claiming nonsense like highway safety and the inability of my conveyance to keep up with traffic, not to mention no seat belts or air bags.

And if I want to buy a brand new refrigerator made just like the one grandpa had, why is that invasive government telling me I cant?

Dang liberals are ruining the country!

Only a complete fool or someone stuck in their ways would want to continue using old, outdated technology and equipment. Betcha you're no longer using Windows 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, or ME anymore, but you're probably using Windows 2000, XP or Windows 7. Why? Because you either got smart and didn't want to be left behind from using the latest home office suite OR Microsoft forced you to upgrade because your old security patches were no longer uploading to your old software/PC.

Look, all I'm saying is sometimes we have to be pushed into doing things for our own good even if initially we don't think it will benefit us. You can still purchase incandescent light bulbs, but 5, 10, 15, 20 years from now you may not be able to find them. Why? Two words:

Capitalism

and...

Progress.

Last edited:

The problem you're having (and that so many people have on this subject) is that you only think short-term. Compare the two over the long term.

A standard incandescent bulb lasts on average 1000-2500 hours. An LED lasts 25000-50000 hours, so roughly 20 times as long. LEDs also use MUCH less electricity. If we compare the two types of bulbs over 50,000 hours of usage we get the following (I'm assuming that incandescents last 2500 hours each and the LED lasts 50,000 hours, as well as an electricity price of 10 cents per kwh, all other information comes directly from the bulbs that you linked to):

Incandescent = ($0.46*20)+(0.1kW * 50000 * $0.10) = $509.20
LED = $60 + (.015kW * 50000 * $0.10) = $135

That seems like a pretty hefty discount to me.

Only a complete fool or someone stuck in their ways would want to continue using old, outdated technology and equipment. Betcha you're no longer using Windows 3.1, 3.11, 95, 98, or ME anymore, but you're probably using Windows 2000, XP or Windows 7. Why? Because you either got smart and didn't want to be left behind from using the latest home office suite OR Microsoft forced you to upgrade because your old security patches were no longer uploading to your old software/PC.

Look, all I'm saying is sometimes we have to be pushed into doing things for our own good even if initially we don't think it will benefit us. You can still purchase incandescent light bulbs, but 5, 10, 15, 20 years from now you may not be able to find them. Why? Two words:

Capitalism

and...

Progress.

No, it's the doggone liberals who won't let me find vinyl records for my record player any more.

No, it's the doggone liberals who won't let me find vinyl records for my record player any more.

Vinyl records and operating systems aren't even good analogies. If my neighbor uses Windows 98 instead of Windows 7, it doesn't cause my hard drive to crash faster. My 300 million neighbors using incandescent bulbs puts more mercury, sulfur, NOx, CO2, and uranium into my air, and they aren't paying the costs of any of those pollutants.

edit: Besides, we all know its liberal hippies who like vinyl. It just sounds better, maaaan.

Last edited:
There's plenty left and there will still be plent manufactured. I purchase bulbs every time im in the hardware store. 2x 12packs once a month - I'll be set for 20 years

Why on earth do you waste money buying so many lightbulbs a month? Nearly 300 light bulbs a year, unless you have electrical problems you should not have to change more then 2 a year (or clumsy kids)

So, you DO take exception to people having no concern with the impact their choices will have on others as long as it serves their own immediate desires. Fair enough.

Given that this precicely describes abortion-on-demand, you'll happily admit that you'll take exception to that choice as well - right?
No response. How interesting.

Really?
So, while you take exception to people having no concern with the impact their choices will have on others as long as it serves their own immediate desires, you do not support taking those choices away from those people?
Again - No response. How interesting.

I well be careful and go out of my way not to use any epithets in describing how absolutely mentally challenged any one who favors any of this nonsense especially when our economy is about to take a major dump on every single American.

This is nuts and unnecessary now and are based on lies and have nothing what ever to do with any real problems that we face in the next several years.

It's all BOVINE SCATOLOGY created to add to costs and will have no effect on the HOAX of Global Warming.

In California we face complete and total ruin and bankruptcy over similar garbage that claims that AB 32 which was passed in 2006 to reduce greenhouse gases when the fact it the only thing that is going to happen if Prop-23 fails to stop it is to cost 1.000.000 jobs, raise the price of gas to $9.07 a gal. cost drivers who use freeways to get to work an average of $4,500 per year, and if your electric bill is now $260 a month it would go to over $300 plus.

Ab-32 will reduce no green house gasses in any measurable way and have no effect on gasses in the world because no other State or Country is going to go along with this BS.

Take one item in this story banning incandescent light bulbs. It has already cost jobs here and created jobs in China because they are labor intensive to make and that means we can't afford to make them here.

Bottom line if we end all this environmentally ill carp and do nothing, you will life your life and die in a world that is less than perfect.

If you get out and fight for all these wacko meaningless tax increases regulations ans rule and it all passes, you are still going to die in a world that is less than perfect but you will be poor and stupid.

Are there issues that could use attention? YES but not by way of draconian rules that have NO BASIS IN FACT.

This has got to stop and be replaced with calm intelligent logical ideas to fix real problems not imaginary crap that are about taxes and control.

Back
Top Bottom