• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How much will you trust a Pres Hillary Clinton with classified nat'l security info?

How much will you trust a Pres. Hillary with classified info?

• Total voters

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
From Comey's news conference this morning:

there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.
For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters. There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation. In addition to this highly sensitive information, we also found information that was properly classified as Secret by the U.S. Intelligence Community at the time it was discussed on e-mail (that is, excluding the later “up-classified” e-mails).
None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff, like those found at Departments and Agencies of the U.S. Government—or even with a commercial service like Gmail.
Separately, it is important to say something about the marking of classified information. Only a very small number of the e-mails containing classified information bore markings indicating the presence of classified information. But even if information is not marked “classified” in an e-mail, participants who know or should know that the subject matter is classified are still obligated to protect it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Based on this evidence that the FBI has reported, how comfortable are you with trusting a President Hillary Clinton to handle classified information? (Note -- this isn't a thread to discuss if she should've been charged.)

Re: How much will you trust a Pres Hillary Clinton with classified nat'l security inf

Hillary operates outside the law and will use whatever information she feels she needs for her political purposes. Obama found the Constitution and the laws of the nation to be a hurdle he needed to overcome. For Hillary there is no hurdle. If her needs are in conflict with the law she'll just plow the law under.

Re: How much will you trust a Pres Hillary Clinton with classified nat'l security inf

She has no regard for the general rule of law or the safety of the American public. Imagine what would she would do to prevent a country like Russia or China from releasing information about deals that have been committed by the Clinton Foundation.

How can anyone read or listen to the FBI report and choose anything other than "100% distrust"?

Based on this evidence that the FBI has reported, how comfortable are you with trusting a President Hillary Clinton to handle classified information?

I don't trust Hillary Clinton one bit with handling classified information.

Last edited:

From Comey's news conference this morning:

there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.
For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters. There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation. In addition to this highly sensitive information, we also found information that was properly classified as Secret by the U.S. Intelligence Community at the time it was discussed on e-mail (that is, excluding the later “up-classified” e-mails).
None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff, like those found at Departments and Agencies of the U.S. Government—or even with a commercial service like Gmail.
Separately, it is important to say something about the marking of classified information. Only a very small number of the e-mails containing classified information bore markings indicating the presence of classified information. But even if information is not marked “classified” in an e-mail, participants who know or should know that the subject matter is classified are still obligated to protect it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Based on this evidence that the FBI has reported, how comfortable are you with trusting a President Hillary Clinton to handle classified information? (Note -- this isn't a thread to discuss if she should've been charged.)

50/50
ill somewhat trust her

but this is my stance with ALL politicians on this matter.

Hillary operates outside the law and will use whatever information she feels she needs for her political purposes. Obama found the Constitution and the laws of the nation to be a hurdle he needed to overcome. For Hillary there is no hurdle. If her needs are in conflict with the law she'll just plow the law under.

Greetings, Lutherf. :2wave:

Something may or not be true, but the appearance of same is just as damning as if it were actually done! She knows that, and either she doesn't care, or feels that her rationalization of why she does something will convince people. It's worked so far, but doesn't it matter to her if she's trusted by the people that she was elected to serve - who pay her salary? Odd....

Last edited:

50/50
ill somewhat trust her

but this is my stance with ALL politicians on this matter.

Essentially, you have no standards

Essentially, you have no standards

LMAO . .
so trusting here 50/50 along with all other politicians = no standards in your opinion? LMAO ok :shrug:
Your anger is noted and your opinion is meaningless to me:2rofll:

LMAO . .
so trusting here 50/50 along with all other politicians = no standards in your opinion? LMAO ok :shrug:
Your anger is noted and your opinion is meaningless to me:2rofll:

Wrong. No standards is having no form of stratification to trust the trustworthy politicians and vice versa. And I'm not angry at anything; I'm befuddled at what passes for an eligible voter in this society.

1.)Wrong.
2.)No standards is having no form of stratification to trust the trustworthy politicians and vice versa.
3.) And I'm not angry at anything; I'm befuddled at what passes for an eligible voter in this society.
1.) no, im right your opinion doesn't matter and your assessment was factually wrong
2.) who said this? oh thats right you made it up in your head based on false assumptions
3.) see, anger based on somethign you made up LMAO, thanks for just proving it.

I had to answer, 100% distrust, because I don't trust her to do ANYTHING in the public's best interest unless she sees a political or personal advantage in doing so. You know...pretty much the way Obama has done for the past 8 years.

In fact, I suppose it's possible there is a Democrat out there...somewhere...who actually cares more about our country than about themselves or their Party, but I haven't heard of him/her yet.

i trust my parents. beyond that, the list grows short. when it comes to partisans who have bought into the gerrymandered duopoly, "trust" isn't a descriptor that i use very often.

What seems to be avoided in any discussion is that most, if not all, of these emails with classified content were sent to or received by people that knew better than to "assume" that a use of xxxxx .com email address was SOP for the handling of classified material. If the system for handling classified material is so lax that nobody would (dare to?) question the use of a xxxx.com email adddress for many years then I do not trust that system.

I'd trust a martini served by Bill Cosby before I'd trust Hillary Rodham Clinton with classified Top-Secret government information...

What seems to be avoided in any discussion is that most, if not all, of these emails with classified content were sent to or received by people that knew better than to "assume" that a use of xxxxx .com email address was SOP for the handling of classified material. If the system for handling classified material is so lax that nobody would qustion the use of a xxxx.com email adddress for many years then I do not trust that system.

bingo!!!

ive brought that up many times, this is nothign new and 100s have done the same.
Who responded to these emails were they group emails, who got the emails and replied and thought nothign of it etc etc

Hell even at my work when an email comes in from an outside source or unvalidated source its is flagged so that its obvious to the receiver or i never get it at all and its blocked. We also all know not to responded to these emails with anything proprietary, attachments are even blocked from going out to them and even normal emails are flagged, held and another pop-up box asks if you are sure you want to send the email and its logged.

If thats what my company does what the hell is the government doing?

I am in no means making excuses for hillary but my guess is even if they wanted to bring charges agaisnt her they choose not to based on the foresight that the majority of politicians (current and ex congress, presidents etc) would technically be "guilty" of the same things

Last edited:

bingo!!!

ive brought that up many times, this is nothign new and 100s have done the same.
Who responded to these emails were the group emails, who got the emails and replied and thoguht nothign of it etc etc

Hell even at my work when an email comes in from an outside source or unvalidated source its is flagged so that its obvious to the receiver or i never get it at all and its blocked. We also all know not to responded to these emails with anything proprietary, attachments are even blocked from going out to them and even normal emails are flagged, held and another pop-up box asks if you are sure you want to send the email and its logged.

I am in no means making excuses for hillary but my guess is even if they wanted to bring charges agaisnt her they choose not to based on the foresight that the majority of politicians (current and ex congress, presidents etc) would technically be "guilty" of the same things

So make an example of her and stop it from happening any longer. Instead, they do nothing and it goes on just like before.

So make an example of her and stop it from happening any longer. Instead, they do nothing and it goes on just like before.

Im all for stopping it from happening but you can't make an example out of her without doing it to so many others. Nor does it quite work that way. "IF" there was even enough evidence for a trial which has not be stated nor have we seen what would probably happen is all the politicians would go unpunished (or get smack on the hands) and all the assistants, handlers and probably mainly the IT and security people would take the fall. Id rather fix the problem because a witch hunt for hillary wont accomplish the goal at all IMO. It will come down to who was responsible for all these mishaps, that will fall to IT and security people.

bingo!!!

Who responded to these emails were the group emails, who got the emails and replied and thoguht nothign of it etc etc

So if "everybody" breaks the negligence law concerning classified material handling then there was no need for the FBI, DOJ or "security experts" to have spent a single minute (or taxpayer dollar) looking into this matter. Many FBI agents being assigned to this total exercise in time (and money) wasting investigation of possibly violating a law that was never intended to be enforced is more of a crime than any mere negligence.

Im all for stopping it from happening but you can't make an example out of her without doing it to so many others. Nor does it quite work that way. "IF" there was even enough evidence for a trial which has not be stated nor have we seen what would probably happen is all the politicians would go unpunished (or get smack on the hands) and all the assistants, handlers and probably mainly the IT and security people would take the fall. Id rather fix the problem because a witch hunt for hillary wont accomplish the goal at all IMO. It will come down to who was responsible for all these mishaps, that will fall to IT and security people.

I don't think they needed to indict her to make an example out of her. Comey could have been more blunt with the fact that if she were currently in a position of government, her security clearance would have been revoked. And that someone with this kind of inability to keep information classified at top levels secure, should never be trusted with our nation's biggest secrets.

1.)So if "everybody" breaks the negligence law concerning classified material handling then there was no need for the FBI, DOJ or "security experts" to have spent a single minute (or taxpayer dollar) looking into this matter.
2.) Many FBI agents being assigned to this total exercise in time (and money) wasting investigation of possibly violating a law that was never intended to be enforced is more of a crime than any mere negligence.

1.) oh absolutely not, they should look into it, and they should have plans to resolve it. Again though i bet this goes everywhere including the FBI. Its a total lack system and so sad when my company can do it right and the government cant.
2.) well, yes and no, I dont think its a waste, its a waste and stupidity focusing on just hillary but not a waste looking into it.

Who was the SoS? If those at the top of (name the agency) are not responsible then eliminate those positions permanently.

EDIT: Rest assured that it was not some IT or security folks that suggested installing a private server in the home of the SoS.

Last edited:

I don't think they needed to indict her to make an example out of her. Comey could have been more blunt with the fact that if she were currently in a position of government, her security clearance would have been revoked. And that someone with this kind of inability to keep information classified at top levels secure, should never be trusted with our nation's biggest secrets.

ANd again, if that happens then it domines to every other high official current and recent ex and probably trickles down to the same people.
Like I said im my company has a system in place that prevents this why doesnt the government, I know my instant question when this came up so many moons ago is how is it even possible? why do secure servers accept non secure traffic at the government level when my company doesn't even do that. Why was the presidents blackberry disabled in so many ways but theses servers aren't policed? etc etc

its just another example of the government getting caught with its pants down because this was "easier" for politicians than actually following protocol and the people in charge of that protocol let it happened . . .its pathetic from head to toe. AGain its just frustrating to me that my company has tighter security in ways than the government.

ANd again, if that happens then it domines to every other high official current and recent ex and probably trickles down to the same people.
Like I said im my company has a system in place that prevents this why doesnt the government, I know my instant question when this came up so many moons ago is how is it even possible? why do secure servers accept non secure traffic at the government level when my company doesn't even do that. Why was the presidents blackberry disabled in so many ways but theses servers aren't policed? etc etc

its just another example of the government getting caught with its pants down because this was "easier" for politicians than actually following protocol and the people in charge of that protocol let it happened . . .its pathetic from head to toe. AGain its just frustrating to me that my company has tighter security in ways than the government.

If it causes hundreds of people to lose their job, so be it. No organization is too big to jail. Well apparently, they seem to be.

I would trust Hillary 100% better than I would Trump with classified info. Next loaded poll please.

Back
Top Bottom