• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How much will you trust a Pres Hillary Clinton with classified nat'l security info?

How much will you trust a Pres. Hillary with classified info?

• Total voters
Re: How much will you trust a Pres Hillary Clinton with classified nat'l security inf

Yes, but I never felt he was personally compromising classified data.

But he could have been blackmailed by any of the indiscretions he had.

Re: How much will you trust a Pres Hillary Clinton with classified nat'l security inf

The EXACT same amount I would trust almost any major politician...NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST, including Trump.

But he could have been blackmailed by any of the indiscretions he had.

A lot of things could have been, coulda shoulda woulda. It wasn't overt, it's wasn't in the news and under FBI investigation. Why are you trying work so ****ing hard to find an equivalency? There is none, Hillary stands completely alone in this. She broke every ****ing security rule in the book...................and walked.

From Comey's news conference this morning:

there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.
For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters. There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation. In addition to this highly sensitive information, we also found information that was properly classified as Secret by the U.S. Intelligence Community at the time it was discussed on e-mail (that is, excluding the later “up-classified” e-mails).
None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff, like those found at Departments and Agencies of the U.S. Government—or even with a commercial service like Gmail.
Separately, it is important to say something about the marking of classified information. Only a very small number of the e-mails containing classified information bore markings indicating the presence of classified information. But even if information is not marked “classified” in an e-mail, participants who know or should know that the subject matter is classified are still obligated to protect it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Based on this evidence that the FBI has reported, how comfortable are you with trusting a President Hillary Clinton to handle classified information? (Note -- this isn't a thread to discuss if she should've been charged.)

I wouldn't trust Hillary with a bologna sandwich.

The EXACT same amount I would trust almost any major politician...NOT IN THE SLIGHTEST, including Trump.

Same here. I 100% distrust Trump as well.

Well, this poll has been up for just over 24 hours. Looks like Hillary has some serious trust issues...at least on this forum.

Can't say I'm surprised.

And it's very telling how many Democrats/liberals/progressives aren't voting at all.

I'd trust Ray Rice in an elevator before I trust Hillary Clinton with classified national security intel...

I will trust her after all the stuff she had to go thru for not using the gov email in fact I think she will be more careful than anyone else...

I will trust her after all the stuff she had to go thru for not using the gov email in fact I think she will be more careful than anyone else...

If you let a Clinton get away with it once, they cannot help but do it again. Hillary might have learned to be more careful, but she still won't hesitate to do the same thing again if she thinks she can get away with it. (and she is VERY good at getting away with things)

Based on this evidence that the FBI has reported, how comfortable are you with trusting a President Hillary Clinton to handle classified information? (Note -- this isn't a thread to discuss if she should've been charged.)

I don't trust her at all. She's a liar, she's always willing to compromise with Republicans and she overtly kowtows to her corporate donors, she openly dislikes the Left, she's a total neoconservative in her foreign policy, she's in love with neoliberalism on major economic issues (and the rest she compromises with large bits of neoliberalism), and she thrives on identity politics because by and large the policies she really is into --namely her neoliberal and neoconservative policies-- are not something you can energize the American populace with. She's basically everything I hate about Democrats rolled up into a single human being with the charisma of a blueberry waffle.

The salient question is do I distrust her more than I distrust Trump? The answer to that is also no. She's less untrustworthy than Trump. Trump is a lunatic and a race-baiting baffoon, with no understanding of the world and terrifyingly, shockingly uninformed opinions on foreign policy, economics, immigration, and so on. It's still a toss up for me if Clinton cedes enough issues from Sanders platform to make me bite the bullet and vote for her. Otherwise, I'm voting for Jill Stein.

I don't trust her at all. She's a liar, she's always willing to compromise with Republicans and she overtly kowtows to her corporate donors, she openly dislikes the Left, she's a total neoconservative in her foreign policy, she's in love with neoliberalism on major economic issues (and the rest she compromises with large bits of neoliberalism), and she thrives on identity politics because by and large the policies she really is into --namely her neoliberal and neoconservative policies-- are not something you can energize the American populace with. She's basically everything I hate about Democrats rolled up into a single human being with the charisma of a blueberry waffle.

The salient question is do I distrust her more than I distrust Trump? The answer to that is also no. She's less untrustworthy than Trump. Trump is a lunatic and a race-baiting baffoon, with no understanding of the world and terrifyingly, shockingly uninformed opinions on foreign policy, economics, immigration, and so on. It's still a toss up for me if Clinton cedes enough issues from Sanders platform to make me bite the bullet and vote for her. Otherwise, I'm voting for Jill Stein.
An argument could indeed be made that Clinton is less honest/trustworthy than Trump, but what you point out re Trump still makes him potentially more dangerous in the position. Trump could be as honest as the day is long, but if he still has all those other traits he's still a worse choice, overall.

Note: I am using "trustworthy" in the honesty aspect. I do not see him as trustworthy in doing the right things for the right reasons.

In fact, I suppose it's possible there is a Democrat out there...somewhere...who actually cares more about our country than about themselves or their Party, but I haven't heard of him/her yet.

What an idiotically hackish statement.

What an idiotically hackish statement.

Fine, everyone has an opinion...even those who only have the ability to spout it with nothing to support it. If you know someone, mention him/her. But for sure, it's not Hillary.

Not at all for reasons that are at this point painfully obvious.

Back
Top Bottom