• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How much will you trust a Pres Hillary Clinton with classified nat'l security info?

How much will you trust a Pres. Hillary with classified info?

• Total voters
Re: How much will you trust a Pres Hillary Clinton with classified nat'l security inf

How can anyone read or listen to the FBI report and choose anything other than "100% distrust"?

Because not all of us are infected with Hillary Derangement Syndrome.

Re: How much will you trust a Pres Hillary Clinton with classified nat'l security inf

Because not all of us are infected with Hillary Derangement Syndrome.

Why is it deranged to not trust her when the FBI gave us a million reasons not to?

Why is it deranged to not trust her when the FBI gave us a million reasons not to?

Gollie gee, maybe there was something in yesterday's announcement that answers this question! ;)

Gollie gee, maybe there was something in yesterday's announcement that answers this question! ;)

No charges? How does that answer the question? That only shows that she gets to skate because of who she is.

We know that she DID have classified information on her unsecure private server and she lied repeatedly about it. How can you trust someone like that?

No charges? How does that answer the question? That only shows that she gets to skate because of who she is.

We know that she DID have classified information on her unsecure private server and she lied repeatedly about it. How can you trust someone like that?

I'm not even going to entertain such ridiculous questions until you prove that you are ready to get caught up on the whole story.

Hillary Derangement Syndrome clouds your judgment.

I'm not even going to entertain such ridiculous questions until you prove that you are ready to get caught up on the whole story.

I listened to the news conference. Tell me what I'm missing.

So if "everybody" breaks the negligence law concerning classified material handling then there was no need for the FBI, DOJ or "security experts" to have spent a single minute (or taxpayer dollar) looking into this matter. Many FBI agents being assigned to this total exercise in time (and money) wasting investigation of possibly violating a law that was never intended to be enforced is more of a crime than any mere negligence.

What you are failing to recognize is that so much of classified material is not really kept secret for national security reasons. Much of it is material that is published by news sources but kept classified for other reasons. Information on drone strikes are classified because the Govt. does not admit publicly to any of them yet they are all over the media. If there was any evidence that Hillary actually damaged security there would have been more serious repercussions. I dont beleive Hillary would have done that though. She is is not a foreign agent or working for one. That's what the laws are there to prevent. Not as a mechanism to hamper the operations of a SOS.

The Shocking Truth: Colin Powell?s Emails Don?t Matter

A great montage of Hillary's lies juxtaposed with the FBI's investigation report.

It does make a point, doesn't it? ;)

What you are failing to recognize is that so much of classified material is not really kept secret for national security reasons. Much of it is material that is published by news sources but kept classified for other reasons. Information on drone strikes are classified because the Govt. does not admit publicly to any of them yet they are all over the media. If there was any evidence that Hillary actually damaged security there would have been more serious repercussions. I dont beleive Hillary would have done that though. She is is not a foreign agent or working for one. That's what the laws are there to prevent. Not as a mechanism to hamper the operations of a SOS.

The Shocking Truth: Colin Powell?s Emails Don?t Matter

Nope, it is you that are mistaken. Just like DUI, or many other traffic laws, that punish folks for violating traffic rules via their negligence (with absolutely no need to establish intent) it matters not if those acts caused property damage, injury or death The same is true of laws against the negligent (extremely careless?) handling classified (for whatever reason) material. These laws recognize that certain negligent behaviors often (but not always) cause increased risk to others.

From Comey's news conference this morning:

there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.
For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters. There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation. In addition to this highly sensitive information, we also found information that was properly classified as Secret by the U.S. Intelligence Community at the time it was discussed on e-mail (that is, excluding the later “up-classified” e-mails).
None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff, like those found at Departments and Agencies of the U.S. Government—or even with a commercial service like Gmail.
Separately, it is important to say something about the marking of classified information. Only a very small number of the e-mails containing classified information bore markings indicating the presence of classified information. But even if information is not marked “classified” in an e-mail, participants who know or should know that the subject matter is classified are still obligated to protect it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Based on this evidence that the FBI has reported, how comfortable are you with trusting a President Hillary Clinton to handle classified information? (Note -- this isn't a thread to discuss if she should've been charged.)

If something like this happened to anyone but a political appointee, their security clearance would have been pulled immediately and they probably never would see another. Political appointees and elected officials are granted clearances base on their job, their position, not a through background check every other person has to go through.

Would I ever trust Clinton with anymore classified national security information, heck no. Not even a roll of toilet paper. But if she is elected president, she have access to all and can be as loose with classified national security information as she darn well pleases.

If something like this happened to anyone but a political appointee, their security clearance would have been pulled immediately and they probably never would see another. Political appointees and elected officials are granted clearances base on their job, their position, not a through background check every other person has to go through.

Would I ever trust Clinton with anymore classified national security information, heck no. Not even a roll of toilet paper. But if she is elected president, she have access to all and can be as loose with classified national security information as she darn well pleases.

Damn!! That's a downright SCARY scenario!!

Damn!! That's a downright SCARY scenario!!

LOL, ain't it through.

Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if...should she be elected...she turns right around and sets up ANOTHER private server for all of her emails. I mean...it worked once, didn't it?

thats what I thought, more dodging and running and posting of lies. Its hilarious that you think posting lies and ming stuff up every works. LMAO I knew you would though.
Theres a simply solution though, Next time be prepared to support your statements and then you wont have this trouble, have to make up strawmen and have your posts fail so hard.
Happy trails! :lamo:2wave:

Your post is a joke, my friend.

Your post is a joke, my friend.
Translation: you still cant support your statement so you continue to dodge, deflect and run from it
We get it, we get it. Let us know when that changes, thanks!
:popcorn2:

Translation: you still cant support your statement so you continue to dodge, deflect and run from it
We get it, we get it. Let us know when that changes, thanks!

Just because you say something, doesn't make it so.

Just because you say something, doesn't make it so.

I know, its a good thing facts back me up though LMAO ;)
AGain let me know when you are ready to stop running and can support your statement and answer my questions, THanks!

From Comey's news conference this morning:

there is evidence that they were extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information.
For example, seven e-mail chains concern matters that were classified at the Top Secret/Special Access Program level when they were sent and received. These chains involved Secretary Clinton both sending e-mails about those matters and receiving e-mails from others about the same matters. There is evidence to support a conclusion that any reasonable person in Secretary Clinton’s position, or in the position of those government employees with whom she was corresponding about these matters, should have known that an unclassified system was no place for that conversation. In addition to this highly sensitive information, we also found information that was properly classified as Secret by the U.S. Intelligence Community at the time it was discussed on e-mail (that is, excluding the later “up-classified” e-mails).
None of these e-mails should have been on any kind of unclassified system, but their presence is especially concerning because all of these e-mails were housed on unclassified personal servers not even supported by full-time security staff, like those found at Departments and Agencies of the U.S. Government—or even with a commercial service like Gmail.
Separately, it is important to say something about the marking of classified information. Only a very small number of the e-mails containing classified information bore markings indicating the presence of classified information. But even if information is not marked “classified” in an e-mail, participants who know or should know that the subject matter is classified are still obligated to protect it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Based on this evidence that the FBI has reported, how comfortable are you with trusting a President Hillary Clinton to handle classified information? (Note -- this isn't a thread to discuss if she should've been charged.)

I will trust a lot, that's how I voted. This has been a real learning experience for her, and charges will not be brought because it has happened to many people over the years; I believe even Colin Powell said it happened to him.

Who said they would?? that analogy doesnt even make sense but ill role with it.

if I as lead test engineer, was sending emails from my home account that would be visual flagged as unsecured email to everybody who received it. They would have to do extra steps to open it and acknowledge its not approved. ANy attachments that were programs/active code would be blocked.

To respond to me would again be flagged, not attachments would be allowed and extra steps to send thing to me would need taken.

so me and everybody receiving my emails would know what was going on

To bypass all this IT/Security would have to change the system and break protocol, to do that would require at least approval from Security, IT and HR . . and probably the executive board/CEO.

Once that was done and all the flags and extra steps went away, everybody would still notice they were gone and they were receiving and responding to outside emails.

making us all part of the problem.

Now if I has a test manager wanted the test server moved to my house, IT, Security, HR, Engineering VP and executive board/CEO would need to approve that.

and again if it happened, many people are to blame for knowingly breaking our own protocols and or not caring.

so here we are at the same spot . . . Im not sure what you are getting at

still stands that 100s of current and ex government employees are part of the problem.

OK taking the bold as true, it would be the head of the department that would override those safety measures, right?

Who was the head of the department in this case?

I don't think it's carelessness on her part. I think it's intentional.Because that woman had to have been briefed numerous times that a personal email and a personal server are inadequately secure.But yet she still chose to use those things for classified information. That means she either didn't care that classified information could be leaked because she was doing something nefarious or she wanted classified information to be leaked. Considering the fact she tried to delete those emails and personal server she knew she was in the wrong.

I would like to know what the IT professional testified to, you know the one that has immunity?

The poll was specific about handling classified data, okay. I have never felt I could trust a president with the handling of classified data, not even Bill Clinton.

What do you mean, even Bill Clinton.

He was the least trustworthy of them all

1.)OK taking the bold as true, it would be the head of the department that would override those safety measures, right?
2.)Who was the head of the department in this case?

1.) no not im my case, to override those systems he wouldn't be needed at all, to move the test server he and others would be needed. Of probably just the CEO if he told everybody do it or you are fired.
2.) I dont know who "exactly" it is in this case since I dont know what the factual workings and responsibilities of all government positions are. Does anybody? But I did talk about this, if you look at post #28 Bolded below

I dont know? My guess is IT and Security. Thats who is responsible in my company but thats just a guess.....

an argument could be made that all of the National Security Council could be held accountable (Hillary was part of that) with most of the attention on the National Security Advisor(Susan Rice?) and their team. But again that gets tricky really fast . . .i read so much on this and similar stuff was going on at least way back to Condoleezza Rice or even Sandy Berger

this again is why I have the opinion that even if there needed to be charges against hillary there wasnt going to be because once its started it would go back as far as the statue of limitations allows and that might be 50% of our current politicians. LOL not really funny but you just have to laugh sometimes.

and just for additional reference this is the NSC

What do you mean, even Bill Clinton.

He was the least trustworthy of them all

Yes, but I never felt he was personally compromising classified data.

I would never "100% trust" any politician. Neither should anyone else, in my opinion.

But that's just me. I'll still be voting for her.

Well, this poll has been up for just over 24 hours. Looks like Hillary has some serious trust issues...at least on this forum.

Can't say I'm surprised.

Back
Top Bottom