• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How much sex in films/television is too much?

JustineCredible said:
Look, there's a really simplistic answer here. If you don't want to see gratuitous sex, don't watch the film. If your a sane adult without a bunch of sexual hang-ups, enjoy!

Why does the fact that you feel like something is bad for society and is disgusting mean that you have sexual hang ups? I don't get it. Maybe it just means that you care about society?

George_Washington said:
Why does the fact that you feel like something is bad for society and is disgusting mean that you have sexual hang ups? I don't get it. Maybe it just means that you care about society?

If we would bother to educate our society in a way that could actually handle sex and sexual depictions in a rational maner than sexual content in films shouldn't of issue.
Since it seems it is of issue, then yes, there are some "hang-ups."

Look, I'm a nearly fourty year old female who's delt with my ingrained sexual hang-ups. I'll admit that when I was young I most certainly did have a few issues, but once you've had twelve men, who you've not slept with, all stairing up your vagina (giving birth), you get over your hang-ups fairly quickly...and if you don't then you seriously have issues.

JustineCredible said:
If we would bother to educate our society in a way that could actually handle sex and sexual depictions in a rational maner than sexual content in films shouldn't of issue.
Since it seems it is of issue, then yes, there are some "hang-ups."

Ok so someone who views extreme and perverted forms of sex and feels disgusted must have hangups but the creator of these items has none at all himself?

That theory makes me want to, :rofl

George_Washington said:
Ok so someone who views extreme and perverted forms of sex and feels disgusted must have hangups but the creator of these items has none at all himself?

That theory makes me want to, :rofl

I never said that, you've misconstrued my replies to fit your personal needs. That's expected.
But if you're going to take my intonations out of context the least you could do is admit to your twisting things.

Again, I never said what you did.
I said exactly what I meant. If you can't handle that, then that is an "issue" you need to deal with. Don't go pointing your finger at me and saying I said something I most certainly never did, nor did I infer.

JustineCredible said:
I never said that, you've misconstrued my replies to fit your personal needs. That's expected.
But if you're going to take my intonations out of context the least you could do is admit to your twisting things.

Again, I never said what you did.
I said exactly what I meant. If you can't handle that, then that is an "issue" you need to deal with. Don't go pointing your finger at me and saying I said something I most certainly never did, nor did I infer.

I'm not trying to twist anything here, you're the one who's trying to dodge my rebuttals, sweety. Here is what you said:

"If we would bother to educate our society in a way that could actually handle sex and sexual depictions in a rational maner than sexual content in films shouldn't of issue.
Since it seems it is of issue, then yes, there are some 'hang-ups.'"

Your assertion that sexual content in films shouldn't be an issue if we were to educate people would explicitly imply that the creator of these kinds films has no hang ups about sex. If you still don't get it, than you need to take a course in logic.

Why would I need a course in logic when it's quite obvious you're a professor of insane assumptions?

You put words and meanings into what I said without even so much as a "By your leave" and then presume to "Know" what I am thinking or even what my intentions were.
What a show! Bravo!

I rarely go to the movies or watch TV anymore with the exception of the news channels or sports........They are mostly not worth my time........They are loaded with violence, sex and gore..............I can remember when they made great films and TV programs that your whole family could watch together......Sadly They days are gone forever.......

JustineCredible said:
Why would I need a course in logic when it's quite obvious you're a professor of insane assumptions?

You put words and meanings into what I said without even so much as a "By your leave" and then presume to "Know" what I am thinking or even what my intentions were.
What a show! Bravo!

Sigh. You admitted that it was possible for the creator of films to have hangups over sex and you also said that it would be possible to educate people so that they would have less hang ups over sex. But if we did that, then we wouldn't have any more films of the said sort at all, according to your theory, which would contradict your original assertion that the films should exist in the first place. Do you understand now what you've said or do you need to take a 45 minute class on yourself? lol

George_Washington said:
Sigh. You admitted that it was possible for the creator of films to have hangups over sex and you also said that it would be possible to educate people so that they would have less hang ups over sex. But if we did that, then we wouldn't have any more films of the said sort at all, according to your theory, which would contradict your original assertion that the films should exist in the first place. Do you understand now what you've said or do you need to take a 45 minute class on yourself? lol

Why bother, when we have you to do all the "***-u-m-ing" necessary?
Since you insist upon putting words in my mouth, I will ignore you until you have something worthy of my time to reply to.

JustineCredible said:
Why bother, when we have you to do all the "***-u-m-ing" necessary?
Since you insist upon putting words in my mouth, I will ignore you until you have something worthy of my time to reply to.

Yeah ok, you need to resort to vulgarity, a sure sign of defeat.

Navy Pride said:
I rarely go to the movies or watch TV anymore with the exception of the news channels or sports........They are mostly not worth my time........They are loaded with violence, sex and gore..............I can remember when they made great films and TV programs that your whole family could watch together......Sadly They days are gone forever.......

Yes, the times keep changing and there's little to suggest that time will ever move back-wards. But to deny yourself films it only your self-imposed lack of imagination.
But if for a moment you are trying to suggest that news and/or sports lack then content which you seem to be offended by is deluding yourself. Everyday there's another story about someone being shot, mutilated, beaten, wrongfully accused/rightfully accused, sex scandals, money laundering...the list goes on.
And SPORTS! HA! Talk about your gratuitous violence! Not to mention drugs and sex scandals abound.

JustineCredible said:
Yes, the times keep changing and there's little to suggest that time will ever move back-wards. But to deny yourself films it only your self-imposed lack of imagination.
But if for a moment you are trying to suggest that news and/or sports lack then content which you seem to be offended by is deluding yourself. Everyday there's another story about someone being shot, mutilated, beaten, wrongfully accused/rightfully accused, sex scandals, money laundering...the list goes on.
And SPORTS! HA! Talk about your gratuitous violence! Not to mention drugs and sex scandals abound.

I thought you were going to ignore me? :rofl

No one is denying that there is crime in the world. But why should we portray such horrible things that happen in the real world in movies is the issue at hand.

George_Washington said:

No one is denying that there is crime in the world. But why should we portray such horrible things that happen in the real world in movies is the issue at hand.

If you find reality vulgar, that's really you're "hang-up", now isn't it?

Tsk, tsk...for a "professor" I would have expected more from you.
Sadly, it's obviously a rouse on your part.

George_Washington said:

#1 She was replying to NP

#2 Now you are opposed to crime being portrayed in movies? Do I need to copy and paste your favorite movies from that other recent thread, GW?

George_Washington said:

Obviously the context is far beyond your comprehension.

mixedmedia said:

#2 Now you are opposed to crime being portrayed in movies? Do I need to copy and paste your favorite movies from that other recent thread, GW?

Thank you mixed...I wasn't going to point that out since he was so flagrantly unaware of is error. But your pointing it out is much appreciated. ;)

mixedmedia said:

Media, do you ever not support a fellow liberal in a thread even when you know they aren't making good arguments? Or does being petty just come as natural to you as breathing does?

I am opposed to certain kinds of violence, yes. A violent rape of a child I would certainly oppose.

JustineCredible said:
Thank you mixed...I wasn't going to point that out since he was so flagrantly unaware of is error. But your pointing it out is much appreciated. ;)

Hey, no problem!

I'm a stickler for details. ;)

George_Washington said:
Media, do you ever not support a fellow liberal in a thread even when you know they aren't making good arguments? Or does being petty just come as natural to you as breathing does?

Do you ever tire of your personal attacks on fellow posters, or does it make you feel BIG?

George_Washington said:
I am opposed to certain kinds of violence, yes. A violent rape of a child I would certainly oppose.

I don't think anyone here has attempt to defend violence upon a child. Stop putting words in others' mouths. It's distasteful.

George_Washington said:

George,
I do not suport fellow liberals when they are not making good arguments. In fact, I voice my disagreement with anybody quite freely. I feel like, once again, you are in over your head having to defend a poorly considered argument.

You just said, and I quote:
George_Washington said:
After denying to me that there is any problem with the portrayal of violence in films.

George_Washington said:
Oh and that's why you didn't say anything to Justine for using that sexual insult at me? For being a mod, you certainly seem bias and to the point where it's getting offensive.

You know, if the foe Sh-it's...

Actaully, I didn't use it at you initially, you just took it as a personal insult when it was not pointed at anyone in paticular at all. Your personalizing it was your doing.

George_Washington said:
Oh and that's why you didn't say anything to Justine for using that sexual insult at me? For being a mod, you certainly seem bias and to the point where it's getting offensive.

What sexual insult? That clever play on the word assuming? Give me a break.

Back
Top Bottom