• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How much is the GOP undermining Trump?

uptower

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
I saw a clip today by the Young Turks, who seem to think Lindsey Graham is undermining Trump.

That got me wondering if they're all laying traps. Is McConnell's insistence that there's no need for a bill to protect the special counsel simply bait for Trump to go ahead and fire him, triggering the same constitutional crisis that ended Nixon's tenure?

I can totally see Mitch saying, 'Nope, no need to protect the counsel because the president wouldn't do that,' then turning around and saying 'How dare you do that!' and voting to impeach.

Thoughts anyone?

How much is the GOP undermining Trump?
None. It's the other way round; Trump is undermining the GOP.

While one may or may not have agreed with the GOP of days gone by, one could at least respect it and its members. These days, few and far between are GOP-ers who've not allowed themselves to be befouled -- politically, policy-wise, and in terms of their character -- by Trump's stench. The party as a whole is little other than the "Trump Tabernacle Choir."

I saw a clip today by the Young Turks, who seem to think Lindsey Graham is undermining Trump.

That got me wondering if they're all laying traps. Is McConnell's insistence that there's no need for a bill to protect the special counsel simply bait for Trump to go ahead and fire him, triggering the same constitutional crisis that ended Nixon's tenure?

I can totally see Mitch saying, 'Nope, no need to protect the counsel because the president wouldn't do that,' then turning around and saying 'How dare you do that!' and voting to impeach.

Thoughts anyone?

Uhhggg... the young turks.

Alright, all my disgust with this group aside. I don't think anyone is really being played at this point, no traps are being set and there is no one being undermined. At the moment, there is really no reason to even fire anyone within the special council. But they are just going to keep speculating, until they find something that fits whatever narrative sounds right.

The same happened with nearly all other media outlets during the 2016 election and many of them just ran with whatever stories they could toll out.

I think we should just wait to see what happens.

Thoughts anyone?

Trump laid the trap all by himself. As soon as he dug in with the wall/shutdown nonsense. It was all over. I assume McConnell knows this which is why he's not cooperating with Pres.

Back
Top Bottom