• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How much is a dollar worth?

Krazyhorse

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
My feeling is that because of Obama and the Federal Reserve it will soon be far less than 1$. This is obviously a violation of the US Constitution, which says that the government can't expropriate anybody.

My feeling is that because of Obama and the Federal Reserve it will soon be far less than 1$. This is obviously a violation of the US Constitution, which says that the government can't expropriate anybody.

would you please cite the provision of the Constitution you are referring to

and you do realize that the dollar is presently enjoying a strengthening, especially against the euro
Let me google that for you

Goddamn you, don't question my knowledge of the Constitution. I am a veteran which means I took an oath to defend it.

Goddamn you, don't question my knowledge of the Constitution. I am a veteran which means I took an oath to defend it.

then it should be an easy matter for you to identify the provisions of the Constitution, which you indicated in the OP were being violated
until you do, i call bull**** ... you need a haircut soldier!

I don't think he was questioning your knowledge of the Constitution, I believe you misunderstood what he meant, he was asking you to cite what you were referring to in the Constitution.

Anyway even if our dollar is strong now I have a feeling it will start to falter in value...

He needs to learn the constitution then. The fifth amendment clearly states that no private property may be taken without due process.

:rolleyes:

He needs to learn the constitution then. The fifth amendment clearly states that no private property may be taken without due process.

:rolleyes:
Do you believe government taking taxes is considered "due process"?

Asking you to explain your position is perfectly acceptible. Responding with that kind of reaction isn't.

A dollar today is worth something less than 5 cents compared to a dollar in 1900. An ounce of gold will still buy about the same things that it bought in 1900. That should tell anybody something I'd think...

Asking you to explain your position is perfectly acceptible. Responding with that kind of reaction isn't.
A dollar today is worth something less than 5 cents compared to a dollar in 1900. An ounce of gold will still buy about the same things that it bought in 1900. That should tell anybody something I'd think...

yes, it does
what we need is a good five cent nickel

yes, it does
what we need is a good five cent nickel

A nickle is not worth a nickle anymore either. They have reduced the nickel content in nickels greatly.

A penny though is worth more then a penny

A dollar always will be worth a dollar.

It is worth $1, 100 pennies, 20 nickles, 10 dimes, 4 quarters ,2 half dollars.
I think that about covers it.

/thread

It is worth $1, 100 pennies, 20 nickles, 10 dimes, 4 quarters ,2 half dollars.
I think that about covers it.

/thread
Not quite.
Please note: dimes, quarters, and half dollars, used to be silver coinage (til 1964) and have now far outstripped their value in paper dollars.
As has even become true of the 100% copper penny more recently.
In fact, no matter what a penny is made of, It's probably not worth mining and minting any metal to produce it.
But pennies have a lobby group.

Last edited:
Not quite.
Please note: dimes, quarters, and half dollars, used to be silver coinage (til 1964) and have now far outstripped their value in paper dollars.
As has even become true of the 100% copper penny more recently.
In fact, no matter what a penny is made of, It's probably not worth mining and minting any metal to produce it.
But pennies have a lobby group.

I think pennies are made of zinc now and copper plated. Copper is so expensive now that crackheads tear the copper out of houses to sell it for scrap.

Back
Top Bottom