• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How much does E! TV Represent the TRUE America?

How much does E! TV Represent the TRUE America?

• Total voters

The Giant Noodle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
I actually was flippin' from one channel to the next and saw E! Channel. I was horrified!

:crazy3: <----- ME

Keeping Up with the Kardashians
Kendra
Fashion Police
and some show with some kind of talent agency with gay owners treating their bitchy female, shallow, stuck up, deep as a puddle employees like crap.
PLUS... E! News

Dear Lord, it was everything I would NOT want to be around.

How clearly (if at all) does E! represent the real American youth? Or just America in general? :confused:

It doesn't represent anything that we as a people do on a daily basis. However, it does reflect the leisure viewing habits of this country....which is somewhat tragic. Perhaps it is also for some reason really marketed towards girls and women, but I could be completely unfair in my assessment.

Think of it this way though. If the worse thing that can happen to someone on these shows is a mental breakdown because someone didn't show up for their fundraiser or that the store didn't carry the right kind of purse, you can feel so much better about your own life. Being in contact with my family and their tv habits makes me enjoy life that much more because of whatever E! decides to have on.

Reality TV is popular mostly because it is cheap. Even if it gets crappy ratings, it costs nothing to produce so it can still turn a profit. TV is a very passive experience, so people will watch pretty much whatever the networks push to them. People would eagerly watch higher-quality shows if they were on, but they have an unfortunate tendency to get canceled.

WTF is TRUE America?

98% of TV is pretty much garbage at this point. The shows on E just prove that being in the entertainment industry isnt as cracked up to be as some thing.

It's not real, it's all scripted. People watch it because they get to watch and laugh at other people's fake and/or exaggerated troubles, TV networks make it because it's cheap.

It's all pathetic.

Reality television is stupid, insincere, self-centered, shallow, and unthinking.

So, yeah, probably.

E! is one of my very fav networks:cool:

Does it represent TRUE America? Hardly:2razz:

Actually.... youre wrong.
While the links you mentioned are about a woman from movies gone ape-**** crazy on drugs and have MAJOR legal problems......
The E! channel focuses on "reality" people in their elite life styles. :roll:

I actually was flippin' from one channel to the next and saw E! Channel. I was horrified!

:crazy3: <----- ME

Keeping Up with the Kardashians
Kendra
Fashion Police
and some show with some kind of talent agency with gay owners treating their bitchy female, shallow, stuck up, deep as a puddle employees like crap.
PLUS... E! News

Dear Lord, it was everything I would NOT want to be around.

How clearly (if at all) does E! represent the real American youth? Or just America in general? :confused:

I've never watched this crap channel.

My favorite channels are SyFy, History and Discovery.

Therefore, I have no idea what these shows cover or if they represent anyone.

I've never watched this crap channel.

My favorite channels are SyFy, History and Discovery.

Therefore, I have no idea what these shows cover or if they represent anyone.

History Channel: Nazi Channel before turning into "TinFoil Hat/Discovery Jr. Channel" :D

Back
Top Bottom