• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How much did Thailand, Indonesia etc send to us after 911?

Re: Ya know what folks?

Urethra Franklin said:
"You'll see, you'll recognize yourself"

It's from a very beautiful 70's song "Tu Te Reconnaîtras" by the French singer Anne-Marie David, who won the Eurovision Song Contest (big annual song festival in Europe, where many famous names got their first big break: Abba, Céline Dion, Lulu etc) with it, entering for Luxembourg.

Ahh, I took some French but it's been a few. I think I was in the 7th or 8th grade, so somewhere around 13 yrs old. I've been working on Spanish lately, seems it was much easier to pick things up as a younger man. The older I get- the better I was.

Urethra Franklin said:
What is resented is that the fact the US has taken on this role unappointed, and acts in it's own interests. You'll topple Saddam but you don't touch the Saudi royal family. Interesting.

That is an interesting fact. Over the weekend, in my Sunday paper (Parade section, a nationally distributed insert) I noticed a internation ranking of dictators. The Saudi Royal family was #5 of of 10.

Urethra Franklin said:
What is resented is that the fact the US has taken on this role unappointed, and acts in it's own interests. You'll topple Saddam but you don't touch the Saudi royal family. Interesting.

With great power comes great responsibility. The U.S. is the biggest economic and military force within the U.N. Yet the U.N. resents us and works against us.
When the Saudis invade another country, thumb their nose at 12 years of U.N. resolutions, plot to assassinate a former U.S. president, and we have world intelligence saying they have wmd's or we feel they could be a real threat - we'll touch them.

I was in USA shortly after the Tsunami. After 9/11 wall to wall coverage over loss of a relatively small number of Americans, and other nationals. This coverage still continues. Shortly after quarter of a million people lose their lives, wall to wall coverage of Michael jackson trial, and poor Brad and Jen. Whats a quart million against a few yanks ?

Fried Rice For A Happy World
F.R. still with Prawn but no Yank

Batman said:
With great power comes great responsibility. The U.S. is the biggest economic and military force within the U.N. Yet the U.N. resents us and works against us.
When the Saudis invade another country, thumb their nose at 12 years of U.N. resolutions, plot to assassinate a former U.S. president, and we have world intelligence saying they have wmd's or we feel they could be a real threat - we'll touch them.

Meanwhile you don't care that people are executed without fair trials and that women are treated like dirt, not to mention migrant guest workers who happen to be too dark or have narrow eyes. Suppose it reminds you of your dear Texas.

Urethra Franklin said:
Meanwhile you don't care that people are executed without fair trials and that women are treated like dirt, not to mention migrant guest workers who happen to be too dark or have narrow eyes. Suppose it reminds you of your dear Texas.

I think you deserved that, Batman! The invasion of Iraq was all dressed up as:

A) Saving us all from (non-existent) WMD, and

B) "Liberating" an oppressed people.

What twaddle. It was about oil. I was about the fact that your President needs to distract attention from your own internal problems. It was about arrogance.

Saddam was a terrible person. But there have been worse ones who didn't get invaded. Why is that?

Meanwhile you don't care that people are executed without fair trials and that women are treated like dirt, not to mention migrant guest workers who happen to be too dark or have narrow eyes.

I recall that happening in Iraq and Afghanistan. People being imprisoned or executed for political views; women not allowed to vote. Now, two elections.
Migrant guest workers = Illegal aliens.

Saddam was a terrible person. But there have been worse ones who didn't get invaded. Why is that?

Because Clinton let the U.N. handle Rwanda.

After 9/11 wall to wall coverage over loss of a relatively small number of Americans, and other nationals. This coverage still continues.

It still does about Lady Di and Dodi too. No wait! Prince sissy skirt is marrying the lady who wears the pants. Now back to Di - pregnant? assassinated? Queeny didn't like her? All still being talked about 8 years later. Now that's important. ;)

What twaddle. It was about oil.

It's about the car. Chics dig the car. :lol:

Last edited:
Batman said:
Migrant guest workers = Illegal aliens.:

The majority of guest workers in Saudi are there legally. Fact.
If you are ignorant on this topic you shouldn't comment.

Batman said:
It still does about Lady Di and Dodi too. No wait! Prince sissy skirt is marrying the lady who wears the pants. Now back to Di - pregnant? assassinated? Queeny didn't like her? All still being talked about 8 years later. Now that's important. ;):

Agree entirely. But then so do most British people, so what's your point?

Batman said:
It's about the car. Chics dig the car. :lol:

You are a sexist ***
However you'd probably need a car to pull a chick, seeing as you obviously suffer from small dick syndrome.

Urethra Franklin said:
The majority of guest workers in Saudi are there legally. Fact.
If you are ignorant on this topic you shouldn't comment.

Fact: I was speaking about our country and our internal issues.

Urethra Franklin said:
Agree entirely. But then so do most British people, so what's your point?

Tabloid sensationalism is not news.

Urethra Franklin said:
You are a sexist ***
However you'd probably need a car to pull a chick, seeing as you obviously suffer from small dick syndrome.

Sexist *** ? - Some of my best friends are bigger Bimbos than you.

Fried Rice said:
I was in USA shortly after the Tsunami. After 9/11 wall to wall coverage over loss of a relatively small number of Americans, and other nationals. This coverage still continues. Shortly after quarter of a million people lose their lives, wall to wall coverage of Michael jackson trial, and poor Brad and Jen. Whats a quart million against a few yanks ?

Fried Rice For A Happy World
F.R. still with Prawn but no Yank

First, the events of 9-11 happen on US soil and as such had a great direct impact on the citizens in the US. So the coverage was non-stop for a reason. Second, "loss of a relatively small number of Americans"? So what we didn't lose enough lives to make you happy with the amount of courage? That's an insulting comment. Third, I don't know how long you were in the US for after the tsunami or what networks you were viewing, but on my TV the tsunami was a covered a great deal. There was also a constant call to send donations to aid agencies such as the Red Cross. These calls for donations were non-stop and continue to today. They're on TV, in newspapers and on the radio all the time. In fact everytime I turn my computer on there's an Ad. on my home page reminding me that agencies still need help covering the cost of the tsunami relief effort. It comes complete with a link to donated more money to the effort.

Bottomline, you can't compare 9-11 to the Tsunami tragedy. They are on two different level completely.

9-11 was an act of Terrorism, an attack against the U.S. (dare I say 'the world'). Tsunami was a natural disaster. You are dealing with two different set of emotions. 9-11 produced anger and outrage. Tsunami produced sorrow and hurt.

I doubt anyone will say, "Let's go attack that Indian Ocean for killing those people."

Naughty Nurse said:
I think you deserved that, Batman! The invasion of Iraq was all dressed up as:

A) Saving us all from (non-existent) WMD, and

B) "Liberating" an oppressed people.

What twaddle. It was about oil. I was about the fact that your President needs to distract attention from your own internal problems. It was about arrogance.

Because the U.S. and Britain can't get Europe to grow some balls and stand up against these people. Listen, the U.S. should not be the only country having to do this. However, the U.S. has to be because no one else wants to be. Then we are accused of being Tyrants.

To suggest that the Iraqi people were not oppressed is down right insane.

Thor said:
I doubt anyone will say, "Let's go attack that Indian Ocean for killing those people."

True, just as I doubt anyone would say "since the Indian Ocean attacked us, let's go invade the Pacific Ocean!"

Pacridge said:
True, just as I doubt anyone would say "since the Indian Ocean attacked us, let's go invade the Pacific Ocean!"

True, unless some bad fish from the Indian Ocean were hanging out in the Pacific.

Batman said:
True, unless some bad fish from the Indian Ocean were hanging out in the Pacific.

Al Qaeda was never in Iraq, until we got there, if that's what your referencing. Once we invaded, there was hardly any border security, and there still isn't, so terrorists can easily slip into Iraq. If we wanted to combat terror, why not reform our 'allies' Saudi Arabia, who we know have been harboring terrorists for years.

Batman said:

Or we were just told they were and it turned out they were actually hanging out in the Atlantic, or in this case Iran. What the heck, they were only off by one letter.

And:

"To suggest that the Iraqi people were not oppressed is down right insane."

Exactly who's saying the Iraqi people weren't oppressed? But that isn't why we were "sold" on this war. We were sold on it because of the WMD's and the immediate threat that never existed. Oh, I know Bush just thought they had them and so did a lot of leaders. It was just a lack of correct intelligence, not a snow job. I've heard it, so save it. Bush suppressed any and all intelligence that didn't point in the direction he wanted presented. Now that it's said and done have the people that tried to get the word out about the truth been rewarded? No, they've been removed and the guys that got all the evidence wrong were given medals. Nice job!

anomaly said:
Al Qaeda was never in Iraq, until we got there.

Abu Musab al-Zarqawi fought in Afghanistan with Al Qaeda - was wounded - went to Iraq to seek treatment and safe haven before we invaded Iraq. :eek:
Since we delared war on terrorists and those who harbor them, that applies to Iraq.

Pacridge said:
Bush suppressed any and all intelligence that didn't point in the direction he wanted presented.

I'm sure you have the memo that proves that :bs .

Batman said:
I'm sure you have the memo that proves that :bs .

There's more than one memo. There a bunch of them including those related to the Niger Yellow cake BS to the alum. tube memo's. and the outing of Joe Wilson's CIA wife. Lot's of them, but go a head turn a blind eye to reality, continue to duck your head in the sand and play like nothing wrong.

Batman said:
Abu Musab al-Zarqawi fought in Afghanistan with Al Qaeda - was wounded - went to Iraq to seek treatment and safe haven before we invaded Iraq. :eek:
Since we delared war on terrorists and those who harbor them, that applies to Iraq.

The "Z man" has he's known, fled to Iran after the invasion of Afghanistan to seek treatment. There's an allegation that he crossed the border into Iraq in 2002, but there's never been any hard evidence to prove he crossed prior to our invasion. The US military claimed for some time he was an al Qaeda operative, they finally quietly admitted he was not in early 2004.

Here's a link: http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/crime/terrorists/abu-musab-al-zarqawi/

But let's say what your saying isn't BS. That he did cross into Iraq before we invaded. So, we invaded a country because of one terrorist? When by all accounts the countries of Afghanistan, Iran, Syria et el were loaded with terrorist.

Pacridge said:
There's more than one memo. There a bunch of them including those related to the Niger Yellow cake BS to the alum. tube memo's. and the outing of Joe Wilson's CIA wife. Lot's of them, but go a head turn a blind eye to reality, continue to duck your head in the sand and play like nothing wrong.

Any idiot in Washington knew about Wilson's wife being in the CIA - the biggest "secret" there is she wasn't an undercover agent. Most don't shake hands with Bill Clinton at White House events. (Tape showed on Fox)

You said "Now that it's said and done have the people that tried to get the word out about the truth been rewarded?"
Bush is some evil mastermind, all this media blitz of "truth" for months and Bush's reward is almost 52% of the popular vote. I guess that means you're the only one grounded in reality and I have a lot of friends in my sandbox.

Pacridge said:
When by all accounts the countries of Afghanistan, Iran, Syria et el were loaded with terrorist.

Duh, that's why we invaded Afghanistan first. :screwy As for the rest - Daisy Cutters.

Batman said:
Duh, that's why we invaded Afghanistan first. :screwy As for the rest - Daisy Cutters.

Duh, and didn't finish the job, Bush said he was going to get Osama "dead or alive." Must be "hard work" tracking a guy toting around a dialysis machine from cave to cave. Duh.

Pacridge said:
Duh, and didn't finish the job, Bush said he was going to get Osama "dead or alive." Must be "hard work" tracking a guy toting around a dialysis machine from cave to cave. Duh.

dialysis machine? So now you're going with the intelligence you say is faulty. :naughty
I'm sorry I broke the news to you that we invaded Afghanistan before Iraq.
I never said that the job was finished, great come back though.

Back
Top Bottom