• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How much cleavage is too much cleavage?

Aunt Spiker

Cheese
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
Surely this has been discussed here before . . . but I thought I'd bring it up again because it's such a memorable topic.

This ad was pulled off TV because "she shows too much cleavage"

Random models cleavage on display:
scarlett-johansson-cleavage_396x554.jpg

there - topic and photos.
Discuss.

Last edited:
well, to put it simply, there's no such thing as too much cleavage, as long as it looks good.

as long as it is breast cleavage.....it's all good...
ass crack cleavage, tho, that has to be really nice, and female, to be good.
No plumbers allowed...

Sigh. We are so puritanical, like the devil will get us for seeing cleavage and it will corrupt the moral fiber of this country. Gambling, nudity, prostitution, smoking pot, licentiousness in general are banned and controlled. It is just the beautiful naked body of a woman. I don't care if I see the naked body of a man or a woman. I draw the line at seeing full on erections or fornication. That is clearly X-rated. Everything else should be PG.

I have a hard time believing that they pulled that commercial because of indecency or too much cleavage. It seems more like they wanted some controversy and free press. They got what they wanted and people are still talking about their commercial.

And idk what's too much, but that commercial to me is just about as good as it gets without going over. It helps that she's hot. Nothing worse than ugly chicks with huge boobs popping out of their clothes. It's just weird looking.

I have a hard time believing that they pulled that commercial because of indecency or too much cleavage. It seems more like they wanted some controversy and free press. They got what they wanted and people are still talking about their commercial.

And idk what's too much, but that commercial to me is just about as good as it gets without going over. It helps that she's hot. Nothing worse than ugly chicks with huge boobs popping out of their clothes. It's just weird looking.

I totally disagree. It is the difference between naked and nude. We should be used to seeing naked and that comes in all sizes and shapes.

Yeah - putting requirements on "if they look good it's ok" and then "if they don't look too good then it's not ok" is sexualizing the breast situation. . . which leads to women not being able to go topless.

281524-34med.jpg

THis amount of cleavage is acceptable.

58143-9.jpg

THis amount of cleavage is clearly over the top.

Who exactly pulled this off of TV?

Who exactly pulled this off of TV?

ABC and FOX

Plus size Lane Bryant lingerie ad banned by Fox and ABC, is it too racy? (videos, poll)

I don't watch tv like I use to, or frequent female-dominated forum so I didn't know about it until today.

I love this, cracked me up
“ABC and Fox have made the decision to define beauty for you by denying our new, groundbreaking Cacique commercial from airing freely on their networks,” the statement continues. “Yes, these are the same networks that have scantily-clad housewives so desperate they seduce every man on the block — and don't forget Bart Simpson, who has shown us the moon more often than NASA — all in what they call 'family hour.'”

Last edited:
The amount of cleavage that is acceptable is entirely dependent on what the woman in question chooses to expose. For my wife, almost any cleavage is not acceptable outside of the house because that is what she is comfortable with. For someone else, it will be a different amount.

I am cool with letting the woman decide.

I went to the store once wearing a dress that showed this:
100_6798-1.jpg

and all the guys were more than polite or otherwise unphased but the older ladies looked at me in disgust.

In arguments about public nudity I don't think it's the men's reactions that hone the status quo - it's women's VERY dissenting attitudes and crone moods and even paranoia (like me - I don't want my husband seeing other women's boobage).

As far as how much is "classy", it depends on the woman and her body type.
For example, there is no amount of cleavage that is "too much" for me to show.
In fact, I could go fully topless, and it's entirely likely it would take people awhile to even notice. :lol:

wp.jpg

Last edited:
I went to the store once wearing a dress that showed this:
100_6798-1.jpg

and all the guys were more than polite or otherwise unphased but the older ladies looked at me in disgust.

In arguments about public nudity I don't think it's the men's reactions that hone the status quo - it's women's VERY dissenting attitudes and crone moods and even paranoia (like me - I don't want my husband seeing other women's boobage).

You have nothing to be insecure about as far as boobage goes. Who cares what fossils think? They think that sluts show off their knees.

It is a double standard that you don't want your hubby to see boobage but you just posted yours for the internets to see. :lol:

Yeah - putting requirements on "if they look good it's ok" and then "if they don't look too good then it's not ok" is sexualizing the breast situation. . . which leads to women not being able to go topless.
I didn't mean that they shouldn't be allowed to do it, I just somehow got off topic and more or less meant that I prefer a hot chicks cleavage. I'd rather look at modest cleavage on a hot chick than full on nudity from an ugly chick with huge knockers any day.

As far as what's allowable it's hard to set a guideline but that commercial hardly seemed offensive to me.

You have nothing to be insecure about as far as boobage goes. Who cares what fossils think? They think that sluts show off their knees.

It is a double standard that you don't want your hubby to see boobage but you just posted yours for the internets to see. :lol:

Difference: I have no intention of ever cheating my husband, I've never been remotely tempted. However, my husband's been tempted more than a few times - I'm paranoid he'll do it again, understandably so - I use to be mellow and 'whatever' about what he looked at but he managed to single-handedly ruin my very relaxed attitude about everything - several times.
He also isn't allowed to drink anymore, either . . . because he needs a tippy-cup with his slammers.

Besides - we're discussing reasonable cleavage and I posted mine as an example of what 'less than pretty maybe too much' cleavage looks like. I definitely didn't post that picture expecting cat calls. . . and I've actually never shown that much cleavage without being on a date - *with* my husband.

Last edited:
Difference: I have no intention of ever cheating my husband, I've never been remotely tempted. However, my husband's been tempted more than a few times - I'm paranoid he'll do it again, understandably so.

Besides - we're discussing reasonable cleavage and I posted mine as an example of what 'less than pretty maybe too much' cleavage looks like.

You could always buy one of those bras at Victoria's Secret that squish your boobs together and lift them.... if you don't like the way your cleavage looks.
It looks fine to me. :shrug:

You could always buy one of those bras at Victoria's Secret that squish your boobs together and lift them.... if you don't like the way your cleavage looks.
It looks fine to me. :shrug:

I've never liked the way I look - so I don't use my opinion of myself as a scale to go by or I'd never leave the house :)
He and I were on a date (when that picture was taken) - I gained a lot of weight after our last child was born - and I saw that photo and felt so freaking trashy. I haven't worn that dress ever since. . .For me, personally, that's just waaaay too much. But it's very hard to find *pretty* or *nice fitting* clothes that don't show that much. I've had to attach swaths of fabric in the cleavage area on a lot of clothes to be more modest - because 'pretty' and 'modest' don't see to register with clothing designers when we're discussing 'huge' boobs.

Last edited:
I've never liked the way I look - so I don't use my opinion of myself as a scale to go by or I'd never leave the house :)

Silly. :lol:
Ask your kids. Little kids don't lie about stuff like that.
When my boys were little, I'd ask them how I looked before going out, how my hair looked, etc; they'd say, "You look pretty" or else "You've got too much makeup on. It looks like you have white dirt all over your face." :lol:

You can't get that kind of honesty from adults, I've found; they always have an agenda, even if it's just a desire not to hurt your feelings.

Silly. :lol:
Ask your kids. Little kids don't lie about stuff like that.
When my boys were little, I'd ask them how I looked before going out, how my hair looked, etc; they'd say, "You look pretty" or else "You've got too much makeup on. It looks like you have white dirt all over your face." :lol:

You can't get that kind of honesty from adults, I've found; they always have an agenda, even if it's just a desire not to hurt your feelings.

Awe - that's true!
My kids always tell me what they think of my outfit, no lies and no shame.

Difference: I have no intention of ever cheating my husband, I've never been remotely tempted. However, my husband's been tempted more than a few times - I'm paranoid he'll do it again, understandably so - I use to be mellow and 'whatever' about what he looked at but he managed to single-handedly ruin my very relaxed attitude about everything - several times.
He also isn't allowed to drink anymore, either . . . because he needs a tippy-cup with his slammers.

Besides - we're discussing reasonable cleavage and I posted mine as an example of what 'less than pretty maybe too much' cleavage looks like. I definitely didn't post that picture expecting cat calls. . . and I've actually never shown that much cleavage without being on a date - *with* my husband.

I thought you showed that much cleavage at the store and the elderly women made frowny faces.

If you don't trust your husband that's unfortunate. I don't think issues of fidelity really have anything to do with wardrobe. It's a character issue.

Awe - that's true!
My kids always tell me what they think of my outfit, no lies and no shame.

I'm not your kid, but I don't like the pattern on that dress in the picture. To me, it looks like upholstery you would find on antique furniture. :mrgreen:

IT2002, brutally honest.

I'm not your kid, but I don't like the pattern on that dress in the picture. To me, it looks like upholstery you would find on antique furniture. :mrgreen:

IT2002, brutally honest.

Honestly, the same thought crossed my mind.

fan-back-chair.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom