• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How much are the victims at fault vs police for their interactions/outcomes?

TomTom

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Just curious what people think about the interactions we have seen when it comes to black people interacting vs police.

Every time, or very high percentage of time, when i see one of these videos where a black guy gets killed/shot by police, i never see it as JUST the officers fault, besides very few cases.

It just seems that every time one of these horrible incidents happen, black people refuse to follow the most basic instructions, which then leads to uncertainty and chaos.

Lets use the most recent attention grab of the week, the Blake shooting, watching the video, you can hear the officers screaming their instructions, and Blake refusing to follow them whats so ever, thus trying to get in his car and what ever was to happen after that, thus putting officers in a strange situation which 1. you dont let someone get in a car for 100 different reasons that present danger, and 2. you are letting the person who has now committed a crime(not listening to police orders) into his get away vehicle and we know what happens shortly after.

How much of this entire interaction is Blakes fault and how much of it are the officers faults? How many people here think that Mr. Blake would still have been shot if he listened to every instruction provided by the officers? I believe he would not have been shot at all would anyone dispute this?

Again, time and time again we see the title "officer shoots a black man" sure, its a great cash grab for the media, they get tons of views and its 100% the reason they showing you only these cases that involve cops, usually white cops killing a black guy out of millions of cases they pick out the certain few, anyone with a brain gets that its purely for financial reasons when it comes to the "news" reporting on it if thats what we can call news outlets these days.

For me im just always shaking my head, thinking that like 99% of these deaths, or shootings, or interactions can be prevented so easily... literally in most cases NOT FIGHTING THE OFFICERS and then blaming them when something goes wrong.

The worst part about these interactions, most of the time a bunch of innocent people get hurt further, a person gets shot or killed, and then we have that neighborhood get set on fire, the innocent peoples small businesses burned, other corporations flee that area, and its just bad all around... and all for something that should not even be happening if the most basic and simple instructions were to be followed....

Just curious what people think about the interactions we have seen when it comes to black people interacting vs police.

Every time, or very high percentage of time, when i see one of these videos where a black guy gets killed/shot by police, i never see it as JUST the officers fault, besides very few cases.

It just seems that every time one of these horrible incidents happen, black people refuse to follow the most basic instructions, which then leads to uncertainty and chaos.

Lets use the most recent attention grab of the week, the Blake shooting, watching the video, you can hear the officers screaming their instructions, and Blake refusing to follow them whats so ever, thus trying to get in his car and what ever was to happen after that, thus putting officers in a strange situation which 1. you dont let someone get in a car for 100 different reasons that present danger, and 2. you are letting the person who has now committed a crime(not listening to police orders) into his get away vehicle and we know what happens shortly after.

How much of this entire interaction is Blakes fault and how much of it are the officers faults? How many people here think that Mr. Blake would still have been shot if he listened to every instruction provided by the officers? I believe he would not have been shot at all would anyone dispute this?

Again, time and time again we see the title "officer shoots a black man" sure, its a great cash grab for the media, they get tons of views and its 100% the reason they showing you only these cases that involve cops, usually white cops killing a black guy out of millions of cases they pick out the certain few, anyone with a brain gets that its purely for financial reasons when it comes to the "news" reporting on it if thats what we can call news outlets these days.

For me im just always shaking my head, thinking that like 99% of these deaths, or shootings, or interactions can be prevented so easily... literally in most cases NOT FIGHTING THE OFFICERS and then blaming them when something goes wrong.

The worst part about these interactions, most of the time a bunch of innocent people get hurt further, a person gets shot or killed, and then we have that neighborhood get set on fire, the innocent peoples small businesses burned, other corporations flee that area, and its just bad all around... and all for something that should not even be happening if the most basic and simple instructions were to be followed....

None.

And we also have to ask how the cops would have acted had Blake been in an expensive suit and was walking back to his Porche SUV.

Resources, not race would be a deterrent, right? That guy might have a mean lawyer. Or be connected.

Let us not pretend that justice is meted out evenly in this country.

Police deal with stubborn criminals all the time.

Just grab the criminal and throw him in the back of the patrol car. No need to shoot him. Or stand on him for that matter.

I am persuaded that a lot of American cops hate blacks.

You do realize that not all police officer instructions are legal, right? That is, you're not required by law to do them.

And we also have to ask how the cops would have acted had Blake been in an expensive suit and was walking back to his Porche SUV.

Resources, not race would be a deterrent, right? That guy might have a mean lawyer. Or be connected.

Let us not pretend that justice is meted out evenly in this country.

wait what? They were there because of a domestic call... why are we talking about expensive suites? What subject are you trying to change here cuz the most basic questions are too hard for you to explain? I asked a simple question, how much is cops fault vs the person thats interacting with them? in this case Blake, would he have been shot if he followed every instruction? Does anyone here, that is not racist, 100% believe that he would have been shot, if he put his hands up, or behind his back, and followed every instruction? besides trolling, you honestly cant sit here with a straight face and tell me that he would of got shot out of the blue just the same.....

Police deal with stubborn criminals all the time.

Just grab the criminal and throw him in the back of the patrol car. No need to shoot him. Or stand on him for that matter.

yes, usually that is true... but if a criminal is getting into his car... there are so many things wrong and dangerous with that... what if he has a gun in there? what if hes going to hurt other people? what if hes drunk or on drugs and getting into a car and the cops let him go and he runs someone over? there are protocols for a reason, because those things have happened, and the instructions are there to prevent that....

wait what? They were there because of a domestic call... why are we talking about expensive suites? What subject are you trying to change here cuz the most basic questions are too hard for you to explain? I asked a simple question, how much is cops fault vs the person thats interacting with them? in this case Blake, would he have been shot if he followed every instruction? Does anyone here, that is not racist, 100% believe that he would have been shot, if he put his hands up, or behind his back, and followed every instruction? besides trolling, you honestly cant sit here with a straight face and tell me that he would of got shot out of the blue just the same.....

OK, apparently he just tried to break up a fight. Somebody called the cops on him.

So we all see how the guy that got shot was dressed and what he was driving.

Do you think the guy in a thousand dollar suit with a $100k car would have been instantly subjected to what the one who was, was?

I don't.

We never hear of rich folks being manhandled and mistreated by cops. Ever wonder why?

It's because cops treat rich people with deference, because unlike the poor, the rich might actually be able to have their job.

This is reality.

Yep, this is the liberal mindset. Nothing the “victim” does is ever a problem, even when they shoot first. Dems will never side with police. Voters should know that.

Yep, this is the liberal mindset. Nothing the “victim” does is ever a problem, even when they shoot first. Dems will never side with police. Voters should know that.

OK, fine, victims of police shootings who don't point a gun at the officer. Which is like 99.9% of them.

My larger point stands.

OK, apparently he just tried to break up a fight. Somebody called the cops on him.

So we all see how the guy that got shot was dressed and what he was driving.

Do you think the guy in a thousand dollar suit with a $100k car would have been instantly subjected to what the one who was, was?

I don't.

We never hear of rich folks being manhandled and mistreated by cops. Ever wonder why?

It's because cops treat rich people with deference, because unlike the poor, the rich might actually be able to have their job.

This is reality.

Gosh you’ve become super predictable. Left good, right bad, cops bad, protesters good (unless you disagree with the reason for the protest). :lol:

What we really need is a Nation wide police strike.

OK, fine, victims of police shootings who don't point a gun at the officer. Which is like 99.9% of them.

My larger point stands.

No, no, don’t change anything on my account. I don’t believe it anyway. BTW, officers shooting someone unarmed is a very small percentage of officer involved shootings not that that would make any kind of difference to you.

Remember, every blue life is worth 5 white lives, 10 latino lives and 30 black lives. and 0.00001% of wealthy lives.... :cool:

Gosh you’ve become super predictable. Left good, right bad, cops bad, protesters good (unless you disagree with the reason for the protest). :lol:

Armed white wing protesters storming state capitals because of the INDIGNITY of masks, and the TYRANNY = JUST AND RIGHTEOUS

People not wanting to get killed by police = Snowflake terrorist leftist scum!

Armed thugs taking over federal property cuz they feel taxes for federal lands is unfair = God a fearin' patriots with a holy cause!

Have I got it correct? :cool:

I am persuaded that a lot of American cops hate blacks.

I am persuaded that a lot of American 'blacks' hate cops. But so what? Neither your opinion or mine have any relevance.

yes, usually that is true... but if a criminal is getting into his car... there are so many things wrong and dangerous with that... what if he has a gun in there? what if hes going to hurt other people? what if hes drunk or on drugs and getting into a car and the cops let him go and he runs someone over? there are protocols for a reason, because those things have happened, and the instructions are there to prevent that....

Yeah, about that theory you are trying to float....skip to 7:05 and get back to me...

So, the police treat rich people the same as poor people?

Where?

Armed white wing protesters storming state capitals because of the INDIGNITY of masks, and the TYRANNY = JUST AND RIGHTEOUS

People not wanting to get killed by police = Snowflake terrorist leftist scum!

Armed thugs taking over federal property cuz they feel taxes for federal lands is unfair = God a fearin' patriots with a holy cause!

Have I got it correct? :cool:

I have a question. If cops are soooooo dangerous and just looking for a reason to kill people, why are so many willing to commit actual crimes in front of police and even toward them?

I have a question. If cops are soooooo dangerous and just looking for a reason to kill people, why are so many willing to commit actual crimes in front of police and even toward them?

You couldn't begin to understand, no matter how it was explained. It has to be experienced first hand or you'd NEVER get it. Hell I pass for white (my teeth show genetic markers that say different), but I've been poor and been "a criminal" over addiction in the past. The best you could begin to do is empathize and I doubt you'd even have an interest; am I wrong?

I might also add, alcohol, the KING of being a hell of a drug!

Harris would seem to side with the cop

So, the police treat rich people the same as poor people?

Where?

I was once questioned by police because I was outside my house watering and a neighbor called and thought that suspicious. :lol: It was a fairly friendly encounter but if I’d told the cop to go **** himself and tried running back inside or reaching into my pocket while screaming about how the only good cop is a dead cop, my skin color or bank account would not have saved me (not that I’m rich).

Back
Top Bottom