• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many US Presidents (from Reagan on) would have pretended COVID was a hoax/nothing?

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I'm just getting one.

Anyone else believe that other US Presidents would have treated this pandemic as a hoax or would have said...

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
— Donald Trump

They all would have listened to the experts, and taken the course with the most potential to conquer it. Trump has chosen chaos.
Actually, there was no choice, Trump is Chaos!

I'm just getting one.

Anyone else believe that other US Presidents would have treated this pandemic as a hoax or would have said...

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
— Donald Trump

I'll go back even further than Reagan.

Not a single one would have done what Trump did. He caused all of this. He's garbage.

i'll go back even further than reagan.

Not a single one would have done what trump did. He caused all of this. He's garbage.

the gop is standing with him saying he is doing a great job therefore it"s the entire party that must go!!!!!

the gop is standing with him saying he is doing a great job therefore it"s the entire party that must go!!!!!

I was a Republican voter for 36 years. And I say the party must go. It's no longer the party I joined. It's a disgrace now, led by Trump. The Republican Party is dead.

If GW Bush had had an active Twitter account that he posted random unchecked ramblings from we might have seen some interesting things.

I was a Republican voter for 36 years. And I say the party must go. It's no longer the party I joined. It's a disgrace now, led by Trump. The Republican Party is dead.

And the Democratic Party is the party you recognize as the "good guys"?

When guy say you were a Republican ... you admit that you supported the Iraq War?

Trump shut down flights from China....the experts disagreed at first....now praise the move....so there's that:doh

I don't think any former President would have treated the Covid crisis like Trump has.

And the Democratic Party is the party you recognize as the "good guys"?

When guy say you were a Republican ... you admit that you supported the Iraq War?

"When guy say you were a Republican"? You need to borrow the translator back from Svetlana.

No, I did not support the Iraq War. My posts on the Iraq War have been crystal clear over the years.

This thread is not about the Democratic Party. Start a thread on them if you want to discuss them.

So you want ONE political party (the Democratic Party)?

President Trump is doing a great job. If he was doing a poor job you wouldn't be so panicked with the upcoming November election.

I don't think any former President would have treated the Covid crisis like Trump has.

President Trump was the first G-10 leader to ban travel with China and Europe. At the time of that decision, Joe Biden said Trump was racist and xenophobic.The WHO said the travel ban was unnecessary.

President Trump was the first G-10 leader to ban travel with China and Europe. At the time of that decision, Joe Biden said Trump was racist and xenophobic.The WHO said the travel ban was unnecessary.

Blind squirrel finds a nut every once in awhile.

He's treated it as a hoax from the start. He started fights with States, hasn't put together any comprehensive federal plan or assistance to organize State response, has fought the scientific community at every step of the way, pushes unproven medicines as cures, etc.

I'm just getting one.

FEB 26
— Donald Trump

None as they are all liars. The plandemic is a hoax. Stop believing the media.

Reagan's adminstration pretended HIV/AIDS didn't exist for a long time.

Trump shut down flights from China....the experts disagreed at first....now praise the move....so there's that:doh

Yes, think how many more people would have died.

Problem is most cases came from Europe and thousands of people fly in from both areas.

That said, it not where it came from, but how we handled it badly and still are, the buck stops where?

He obviously did it to spite China not because he took the problem seriously. We know this because he then proceeded to do nothing and dismiss it.

And all the people changed their flights so they flew from China to Europe to the US.

Problem is most cases came from Europe and thousands of people fly in from both areas.

That said, it not where it came from, but how we handled it badly and still are, the buck stops where?

"I take no responsibility."

I'm just getting one.

FEB 26
— Donald Trump

I don't think all the President's, between Regan and Obama, even said "hoax" ... officially. Donald Jenius Trump is the only pResident that's had a "hoax" in 244 years. But, certainly, no previous president would have treated a pandemic as a "hoax".

I'm just getting one.

FEB 26
— Donald Trump

How old were you in 1970?

Back
Top Bottom