• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many Troops has the rights leader sent to the border for this caravan

jbander

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Let me get this straight now , so far 350 of the caravan have made it to the border as of yesterday. There's 5000 in Guadalajara, or they just left and Mexico will give 2700 of this group temporary visa. Now the last number I heard was your brain dead leader will or has sent 7000 troops. Heavenly armed troops.Killing machines, that were told by this countries leader that the members are drug lords, gang members and they all have communicable disease's and are well armed 100% lie. It looks like there is maybe 3000 people in the caravan , we will say 1500 are men. Which is way high but for the point we will use it. 7000 heavily armed troops, against 1500 unarmed untrained men of all ages. This is insane, the people who support this kind of hate based nonsense are dangerous to this country. They simply have to go. 200 million to pay for this stupidity. Along with trying to build their hate fence to the tune of what 70 billion and 150 million a year to maintain. You people on the right are dangerous. Democrats have to work harder to get rid of you people , you have to go to save this country.

Let me get this straight now , so far 350 of the caravan have made it to the border as of yesterday. There's 5000 in Guadalajara, or they just left and Mexico will give 2700 of this group temporary visa. Now the last number I heard was your brain dead leader will or has sent 7000 troops. Heavenly armed troops.Killing machines, that were told by this countries leader that the members are drug lords, gang members and they all have communicable disease's and are well armed 100% lie. It looks like there is maybe 3000 people in the caravan , we will say 1500 are men. Which is way high but for the point we will use it. 7000 heavily armed troops, against 1500 unarmed untrained men of all ages. This is insane, the people who support this kind of hate based nonsense are dangerous to this country. They simply have to go. 200 million to pay for this stupidity. Along with trying to build their hate fence to the tune of what 70 billion and 150 million a year to maintain. You people on the right are dangerous. Democrats have to work harder to get rid of you people , you have to go to save this country.
Meanwhile the CA fires take property and lives. And Trump's response? F.U. California.

Technically we would need troops, especially the army core of engineers, as we are not gonna have time to process all of these people anytime soon.... but I dont think that is the president's intentions

Meanwhile the CA fires take property and lives. And Trump's response? F.U. California.

He damn sure didn't send the US military to help extinguish the fire(s) or abate the fire's advance.

The US Military is not a firefighting force.

Not to put a pall on anyone's bitching party, but, the US Army Corps of Engineers is in fact already acting on mission assignments from FEMA right now in California for the fires, delivering drinking water, emergency power, and temporary housing. The FEMA Administrator and Secretary of the Interior (the actual federal agency that has fire fighting responsibility) were in California today.

Edit: Just to reiterate, I am not a Trump fan at all, these are just some facts.

Still trying to figure out how much of this distribe is hyperbole, blatant LIES or simple ignorance.

For example... 7000 heavily armed troops. Heavily armed with what? Your imaginary 'hambuger gun'?

The US Military is not a firefighting force.

Not to put a pall on anyone's bitching party, but, the US Army Corps of Engineers is in fact already acting on mission assignments from FEMA right now in California for the fires, delivering drinking water, emergency power, and temporary housing. The FEMA Administrator and Secretary of the Interior (the actual federal agency that has fire fighting responsibility) were in California today.

Shhhhhhhh

Don't confuse them with facts.

Let me get this straight now , so far 350 of the caravan have made it to the border as of yesterday. There's 5000 in Guadalajara, or they just left and Mexico will give 2700 of this group temporary visa.

Now the last number I heard was your brain dead leader will or has sent 7000 troops. Heavenly armed troops. Killing machines, that were told by this countries leader that the members are drug lords, gang members and they all have communicable disease's and are well armed 100% lie.

It looks like there is maybe 3000 people in the caravan, we will say 1500 are men. Which is way high but for the point we will use it. 7000 heavily armed troops, against 1500 unarmed untrained men of all ages.

This is insane, the people who support this kind of hate based nonsense are dangerous to this country. They simply have to go. 200 million to pay for this stupidity. Along with trying to build their hate fence to the tune of what 70 billion and 150 million a year to maintain. You people on the right are dangerous. Democrats have to work harder to get rid of you people, you have to go to save this country.

606527837_1140x641.jpg

I agree that all the carrying on about the Honduran asylum seekers (refugees) is ridiculous.

Red:
Have they?

Blue:
Really?

How the troops sent to the border are armed is really not the issue.

As to how many...at last count that I saw, 5,200 troops at this point, some of them 90 miles away from the border, doing God only knows what 90 miles away from the border.

The real issue is that this is and was entirely a political sham engineered by Trump as an Election ploy designed to scare voters to the polls to vote for Republicans at a cost of $200M out of the taxpayer's hide.

Mattis has had to visit the border and the kinds of questions he is taking from the troops are not the kinds of questions that should make us pleased as citizens and supporters of the military. Questions like "what are we doing down here boss". Mattis answer, 'you are bolstering our border patrol. He said on the plane, "It's obviously a moral and ethical mission to support our border patrolmen. There's nothing new under the sun." This border deployment after Trump skipped the US Cemetery visit in France ( I guess based on seen one cemetery, seen them all) and taking a complete pass on Veterans Day! Not sure I can remember when a President took a complete pass on Veterans Day.

That said, I am willing to cut Mattis a break here. He knows what this is and he also knows that his troopers have some understanding for what this is. Mattis is trying to keep his troopers from feeling as confused and abused about this mission as they are feeling as that would be a very dangerous dynamic. These are troopers that have gone through foreign deployment after foreign deployment, have missed numerous holidays and risked their lives. They now find themselves a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving down on the southern border eating cold rations and living in tents....FOR WHAT? Donald's personal gratification obviously. Worse, other military personal will know that troopers have been used as political pawns for the specific political purposes of one man. That probably worries Mattis even more than what is going on in the heads of those 5,200 troopers that are actually down there.

While I am at it Trumplicans, if Donald is willing to use troopers this way, don't you think he is using you. Do you really think he gives a rats behind about you?

If this were the only example of Donald's insane narcissism and self-absorbtion that might be one thing. But its dozens a week! Lets see, we have Donald claiming that people are voting in Florida, going out to their cars, changing into disguises and then going back in and voting again. Got any evidence of that Donald? He has continued his claim that "people have to show their ID's to buy a box of cereal from the grocery store, shouldn't they have to have an ID to vote". I am not particularly opposed to voter ID and there is the rub. Why turn yourself into a screaming idiot to make your point Donald? Have you no shame? Actually I can answer that question. He has no shame.

He has basically allied himself with the fire against the people with regard to the California fires. Trump was finally compelled by his House Majority Leader soon to be House Minority Leader to stop...begged to just stop with his nonsensical and counterproductive California fire tweets while they are still uncovering the dead and firefighters lives are still on the line.

What do we hear from Republicans in response to the constant endless nonsense from the WH? Crickets

Last edited:
The sky is falling. The sky is falling.

Let me get this straight now , so far 350 of the caravan have made it to the border as of yesterday. There's 5000 in Guadalajara,

There's more than that. There are FOUR caravans headed to the US. Estimates of up to 12,000 people.

or they just left and Mexico will give 2700 of this group temporary visa.

Mexico giving anyone a visa is irrelevant. They don't want to stay in Mexico.

Now the last number I heard was your brain dead leader will or has sent 7000 troops. Heavenly armed troops.Killing machines,

LOL!!

Heavenly???

that were told by this countries leader that the members are drug lords, gang members and they all have communicable disease's and are well armed 100% lie.

Where on earth did you get THIS nonsense?

It looks like there is maybe 3000 people in the caravan , we will say 1500 are men. Which is way high but for the point we will use it. 7000 heavily armed troops, against 1500 unarmed untrained men of all ages.

Actually, the reported ratio is 80%+ are men. That would be around 9,600 men...or more. And we have HOW many heavenly armed troops?

This is insane, the people who support this kind of hate based nonsense are dangerous to this country. They simply have to go. 200 million to pay for this stupidity. Along with trying to build their hate fence to the tune of what 70 billion and 150 million a year to maintain. You people on the right are dangerous. Democrats have to work harder to get rid of you people , you have to go to save this country.

What's insane is that you...a presumably thinking human being...are capable of believing this nonsense and that you would express this nonsense in a public forum.

You should be ashamed of yourself.

There's more than that. There are FOUR caravans headed to the US. Estimates of up to 12,000 people.

Mexico giving anyone a visa is irrelevant. They don't want to stay in Mexico.

LOL!!

Heavenly???

Where on earth did you get THIS nonsense?

Actually, the reported ratio is 80%+ are men. That would be around 9,600 men...or more. And we have HOW many heavenly armed troops?

What's insane is that you...a presumably thinking human being...are capable of believing this nonsense and that you would express this nonsense in a public forum.

You should be ashamed of yourself.
Good God look in the mirror, when you get away from Fox Crap news and Rush were the truth never gets in the way of propaganda then the real world facts can be seen. I stick by my numbers , your hate party white wash is a hoot.

• On Oct. 25, USA Today reported that the caravan has grown to include 10,000 people, according to Pueblo Sin Fronteras, a group providing humanitarian assistance to the migrants. Also that day, the Associated Press reported "an estimated 4,000 to 5,000 migrants" walked into a municipality that was ready to shelter them.

• On Oct. 28, the AP again reported an estimate of 4,000 migrants, plus another 200 to 300 Salvadorans who’d started their own trek, according to the AP and Washington Post. THIS IS A COUNT IN MEXICO WHERE THEY ARE< NOT IN THE COMIC MINDS OF THE HATE PARTY
FROM POLITIFACTS https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-.../29/how-large-migrant-caravan-estimates-vary/

imagrant s.jpg

what this shows clearly is that obama took care of the problem< the right always looks ridiculous when the truth is pointed out

About 5,200 troops are expected to be deployed by Nov. 2 and the number could increase as the mission develops, O'Shaughnessy said. But he said it was difficult to give a precise total under the mission deemed Operation Faithful Patriot. A day later, Trump floated the possibility of sending 15,000 troops to the border.

The troops are being sent in addition to the more than 2,000 National Guard troops sent to the border earlier this year in response to another caravan. O'Shaughnessy said that the cost of the operation was unknown at the time. AGAIN FROM POLITIFACTS THIS SHOWS THERE ARE ALREADY 7,200 TROOPS THERE https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/nov/02/heres-latest-migrant-caravans/

• On Oct. 25, USA Today reported that the caravan has grown to include 10,000 people, according to Pueblo Sin Fronteras, a group providing humanitarian assistance to the migrants. Also that day, the Associated Press reported "an estimated 4,000 to 5,000 migrants" walked into a municipality that was ready to shelter them.

• On Oct. 28, the AP again reported an estimate of 4,000 migrants, plus another 200 to 300 Salvadorans who’d started their own trek, according to the AP and Washington Post. THIS IS A COUNT IN MEXICO WHERE THEY ARE< NOT IN THE COMIC MINDS OF THE HATE PARTY
FROM POLITIFACTS https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-.../29/how-large-migrant-caravan-estimates-vary/

Don't you worry. By the time the "Caravan" gets within a couple hundred miles of the border, Trump will have conjured up Patton's 3rd army to meet them....somewhere in Wyoming the way this is going. Some of these troops are bivouacking 90 miles away from the border. What did they do, leave the front gate of their home barracks and set up a tent right there.

"OK guys...we're standing the line now".

"Christ Sarge, I can see my house right over there. Can I go home for Thanksgiving Dinner?"

"A troublemaker......why do i aways get the troublemakers"

What has CA ever done to make Trump rich? Or to make Trump powerful? Or to make Trump popular?

I'll tell ya what....nada! So they get the big FU from this POTUS.

Maybe CA should follow in the Russian's footsteps, and start buying property from Trump at grossly inflated prices? Look how well it worked for Putin.

Good God look in the mirror, when you get away from Fox Crap news and Rush were the truth never gets in the way of propaganda then the real world facts can be seen. I stick by my numbers , your hate party white wash is a hoot.

I get nothing from Fox or Rush...unless I see it here or from some aggregate news site.

Sorry. Your slam didn't work.

Anyway, if you have no shame...if you prefer the nonsense you get from your sources...I don't care.

I get nothing from Fox or Rush...unless I see it here or from some aggregate news site.

Sorry. Your slam didn't work.

Anyway, if you have no shame...if you prefer the nonsense you get from your sources...I don't care.
OK lets try this if you don't contribute here you out of here, I'm don't nor is anyone else care what you think of me. Keep it up your gone.

OK lets try this if you don't contribute here you out of here, I'm don't nor is anyone else care what you think of me. Keep it up your gone.

I already contributed to your education since the multimedia echo chamber won't help you.

I find it unsurprising that you totally ignored my facts.

Oh well...moving on...

Back
Top Bottom