• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many times (if any) have you changed your political affiliation?

Change of political affiliation

• Total voters

TheGirlNextDoor


DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
During your lifetime, have you changed your political affiliation?

If you have, how many times.

Does trolling and pandering count?

I have reconsidered and changed some of my positions but I haven't ever considered changing my party affiliation. Just too many differences of opinion.

When I was a teenager I was very Liberal....After I enlisted in the Army and grew up some my views slowly turned more conservative.The last 4-5 years I've been finding my political beliefs being more Libertarian than anything.

I haven't changed too much though the GOP is no longer on my contributions list.

I voted Reagan in '84, Bush in '88 and '92, Perot in '96, Bush in '00. Since the 2000 election I've voted against Kerry and Obama more than for anyone else.

During your lifetime, have you changed your political affiliation?

If you have, how many times.

I've changed my views on pretty key issues a number of times, but was never the type to really identify with a group. I guess I'm just too pragmatic to identify with a political ideology at that level

None.

Last edited:
Never.

When I registered in the 70's, it was with Oregon, as "not affiliated." Never changed it, and always had Oregon as my resident state.

When I was a teenager I was very Liberal....After I enlisted in the Army and grew up some my views slowly turned more conservative.The last 4-5 years I've been finding my political beliefs being more Libertarian than anything.
Sounds like a natural progression with maturity to me.

Registered an independent and have stayed as such.

Republican ---> Libertarian ---> Centrist

Registered "no party" off and on for last 20 years, last 10 years straight... I doubt I will ever change that again.

Liberal->Social Democrat->Vague School of Marxism

Kind of sad I'm still a registered democrat tho

Liberal->Social Democrat->Vague School of Marxism

Kind of sad I'm still a registered democrat tho
LOL...

That's just how the democrat party has changed as well!

way to say exactly what i thought you were going to say

Sounds like a natural progression with maturity to me.

As the man said. "If you're not a liberal when you're young, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative when you're older, you have no head."

I myself have shifted position on a few things - for example, Abortion.

When I was young I considered myself a Republican, and when old enough to vote I registered and voted Republican. Then, after some time in the Military I determined that the Republican party was too pro-business to the detriment of everything else and I changed affiliation to the Democratic Party. But I eventually determined that the Democrats advocated social welfare to extremes, and I became a Libertarian. That just means I listen to each candidate of whatever party, vote for the one I agree with most regardless of party, and vote Libertarian otherwise.

I have yet to find a political affiliation that suits me first. I am told at some issues to be a centrist. But independent sounds nice. Libertarian is too much chaotic. Still thinking about it.

Started somewhat liberal, swung hard right, and now see multiple points on all sides.
Stirred, not shaken, with an olive. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom