• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many states have you been in?

How many states have you visited?

• Total voters
4. Georgia, Florida, Tennessee, and Alabama.

I really wanna travel more. At some point before I have too many adult responsibilities, I just wanna take a month, get in my car, and just go wherever it takes me.

Fourteen that I can quickly think of, but possibly more since I used to travel a lot to author conferences around the country.

I'll upload a map. I count 23

eK5S6eM.png

digsbe, your map presented the data very effectively. We may have crossed paths. I have gone to 20 of the 23 you listed. My list does not include Washington, Nevada or Arkansas. My list, in addition to the previous 20, includes Oregon, Wisconsin, LA, Maine, NH, Vermont, Massachusetts, RI, CT, and Delaware.... for a total of 30.

I've hit 32/50. It's interesting how clustered the ones I haven't been to are.

amCharts.jpg

A real American would say "too many."

AZ-CA-CO-DC-GA-IL-MD-MN-MT-ND-NV-NY-OH-SC-SD-VA-WY.png

Last edited:
have worked in over 30, slept at least one night in over 40, and been to all 50

Been to all but VT and LA.

Missing Hawaii, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Louisiana, the Dakotas, NC Delaware and I believe Arkansas

Have competed in All of New England, MD, Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, colorado, Texas, Utah, California, Kentucky, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Alabama, Pennsylvania, NY, NJ, Tennessee, Wyoming, Missouri. The others were driving to competition venues such as Nevada, NM, Nebraska, or business trips (Kansas DC, Va, etc)

I never made a real effort to accumulate states I have seen, it just worked out that way

Come to WA in the Summer. Glorious weather. Spectacular scenery. Seafood as good as it gets.

Come to WA in the Summer. Glorious weather. Spectacular scenery. Seafood as good as it gets.

NSSA world skeet championships were there in 88 IIRC but I was at a busy law firm and I had to choose between shooting in Seattle or going to the 88 Olympic trials in Ontario Ca a few weeks later and I decided to shoot the trials. My wife and son might be out there for a big field archery shoot in early June

NSSA world skeet championships were there in 88 IIRC but I was at a busy law firm and I had to choose between shooting in Seattle or going to the 88 Olympic trials in Ontario Ca a few weeks later and I decided to shoot the trials. Turtle Junior might be out there for an archery event in June

Only New York, Massachusetts, and Florida. I would really like to travel to travel to California and Texas.

Younger yes. But to suggest WA is less attractive than OR is pretty lame.

Lame??? I've been across both states pretty thoroughly and I can state that Oregon is a substantially prettier state. Washington has a couple of spots (Olympic Peninsula), the Gorge around Bonneville, that Oregon doesn't have, but overall, Oregon is much prettier, especially when you get on the east side of the Cascades. Steens Mtn, Cent. Cascades, Smith Rock, the entire NE corner of the state (WA has nothing that can touch Wallowa Lake), the High Lakes of Cent. OR, the Alvord Desert, Fort Rock, Klamath Lake.

I was a long haul trucker in the 1990's, so I saw everything but Hawaii and Alaska. I drove team with the wife that I was with at the time, and we saw all of these states, plus Canada, many times over. After awhile, I started counting off how many states we had made out in. All but Alaska and Hawaii.

Lame??? I've been across both states pretty thoroughly and I can state that Oregon is a substantially prettier state. Washington has a couple of spots (Olympic Peninsula), the Gorge around Bonneville, that Oregon doesn't have, but overall, Oregon is much prettier, especially when you get on the east side of the Cascades. Steens Mtn, Cent. Cascades, Smith Rock, the entire NE corner of the state (WA has nothing that can touch Wallowa Lake), the High Lakes of Cent. OR, the Alvord Desert, Fort Rock, Klamath Lake.

There are so many places you failed to mention in WA. The list is staggering.

Clearly you don't know WA

Back
Top Bottom