• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many Republican Senators will vote to impeach Trump?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Last edited:
At this time, not enough, imo.

possibly 1-3; Mittens and maybe one or two others.

Mittens 'Pierre Delecto' will definitely vote to impeach & possibly the women senators from Maine & Alaska will join him. So 3 at
the most but I'll say it will just be the carpetbagger.

It's appropriate that Mittens chose a French name for his hidden twitter account. He spent all of 2012 looking for someone to surrender to…
He desperately wants to be relevant and out in the public view. He's the new McCain, though hopefully he won't be around near as long.

I wonder how many dem senators will vote no. I would bet on Jones of Alabama being the most likely since he faces re-election in a state where President Trump is very popular. Shaheen of NH is the second one that might waiver due to election pressures. Mancin WV and Sinema of Arizona are also ones I suspect might not support impeachment.

This will not be a cliffhanger. To paraphrase Cory Booker the outcome of the impeachment is already known as surely as the sun rises in the east.

possibly 1-3; Mittens and maybe one or two others.

I’ll bet Romney won’t. He still aspires to a run in 2024. The base belongs to Trump. Romney knows it.

I wonder how many dem senators will vote no. I would bet on Jones of Alabama being the most likely since he faces re-election in a state where President Trump is very popular. Shaheen of NH is the second one that might waiver due to election pressures. Mancin WV and Sinema of Arizona are also ones I suspect might not support impeachment.

Especially since it’s a nothing changes vote. No real risk there.

Somebody at 538 claimed that just four would represent a devastating symbolic defeat for Trump. I don’t understand the logic behind this, but if it’s true then I’ll take it.

I’ll bet Romney won’t. He still aspires to a run in 2024. The base belongs to Trump. Romney knows it.

i don't see him winning a Republican presidential nomination again. being a plutocrat who shows up at factories to tell workers that their company has been purchased and they're fired was satisfactory for 2012, but it's not enough anymore. now a successful Republican candidate will have to be xenophobic, stupid, and possibly deranged to really shine in the primary.

1-3

But, maybe 0 and I bet Joe Manchin defects.

I think three. But then again, the last three years have hardly been a narrative of Republican profiles in courage. The last (only) example of Republican bravery died in August.

I think three. But then again, the last three years have hardly been a narrative of Republican profiles in courage. The last (only) example of Republican bravery died in August.

Collins and Murkowski and the dude from CO. Possibly. But, if they perceive they will be excoriated as RINO's and that is too unbearable for them they will toe the party line. Remember we're dealing with Republicans. They are authoritarian by nature. And they hate deviations that would make someone "the other". So, if one of those breaks party ranks they will be ostracized because Republicans demand obedience and uniformity in their hierarchy.

Collins and Murkowski and the dude from CO. Possibly. But, if they perceive they will be excoriated as RINO's and that is too unbearable for them they will toe the party line. Remember we're dealing with Republicans. They are authoritarian by nature. And they hate deviations that would make someone "the other". So, if one of those breaks party ranks they will be ostracized because Republicans demand obedience and uniformity in their hierarchy.

Collins and Murkowski are like Florida: appearing to teeter either way but always guaranteed to disappoint.

If Gardner were an actual threat I think Trump would have ranted and raved about him by now.

tRump is much less popular in Utah than you would think.

Collins and Murkowski are like Florida: appearing to teeter either way but always guaranteed to disappoint.

If Gardner were an actual threat I think Trump would have ranted and raved about him by now.

Lip service. But, in today's day and age do they even get votes running to the left?

Pls post who you think will vote to Impeach
Yes it will pass the House

Going to make this a time limited poll as further public testimony is to come and may change numbers

I suggest you bone up on your civic lessons...Senators don't vote to impeach only house member, Senators vote to convict...Gesh...

I suggest you bone up on your civic lessons...Senators don't vote to impeach only house member, Senators vote to convict...Gesh...

Did you understand the question?

Based on the evidence to date, none. I also think a few democrats will side with the republicans.

It will take 67 votes to convict and I don't see 19 republicans voting to convict in fact I agree with you that a couple democrats could vote not to convict...this whole impeachment is nothing but political grandstanding by democrats and will hurt them at the voting booth in Nov 2020 just as it hurt republican after the Clinton Senate hearings to convict.

I voted zero since senators don't vote on impeachment.

Back
Top Bottom