• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many Republican Senators will vote to impeach Trump?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pls post who you think will vote to Impeach
Yes it will pass the House

Going to make this a time limited poll as further public testimony is to come and may change numbers

The 10 most vulnerable senators in 2020: Republicans play defense

2020 Senate elections: Gardner, McSally and Jones run in key races

0 - 0 senators in the republican party will do the right thing. They are blinded by party loyalty and could not care less about America.

I’ll bet Romney won’t. He still aspires to a run in 2024. The base belongs to Trump. Romney knows it.

Especially since it’s a nothing changes vote. No real risk there.

I think Romney's already dead as farcas Trump supporters are concerned

I wonder how many dem senators will vote no. I would bet on Jones of Alabama being the most likely since he faces re-election in a state where President Trump is very popular. Shaheen of NH is the second one that might waiver due to election pressures. Mancin WV and Sinema of Arizona are also ones I suspect might not support impeachment.

Even though she's a democrat Sinema of Arizona seems to be a more logical voice in that seat than Flake or McCain were!

At this time, not enough, imo.

I could see no republicans voting to impeach but I think there are a few Trump haters among republicans that may do it know that the number of votes will not be enough. They will want to voice their displeasure.

Pls post who you think will vote to Impeach
Yes it will pass the House

Going to make this a time limited poll as further public testimony is to come and may change numbers

The 10 most vulnerable senators in 2020: Republicans play defense

2020 Senate elections: Gardner, McSally and Jones run in key races

Romney, Collins and Murkowski. They won't even need to get the background report. It will be an automatic for them.

No senator will vote to impeach, Democrat or Republican. Vote will never happen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Sorry Southern(my esteemed cousin). Accept the idea that folks who admire and appreciate the things President Trump has done, aren't blind to practical values. That obverse Cow pie too, is a lazy accusation. We admire truth, but hate gossip. As a Southerner, you know that.

That one such yourself, has bought into the wild card Mantra of the anti-Americanist's is proof positive of the power of the anti-American core of loud mouths.

Regards,
CP
You really believe this. Aint that just precious?

Lindsey Graham won't even read the transcripts. He said his mind is made up even without hearing any evidence.

A Trump sycophant who should be removed in 2020.

I believe the democrats have proved their case.

Only argument republicans have left is that what trump did "bribery and obstruction of congress" isn't bad enough to remove him from office.

Remains to be seen in republicans in the senate will do the right thing or vote the party line.

It depends on when the senate impeachment vote is held.

If the vote is held before the GOP primaries, no republican running for re-election will vote to impeach. That would result in Trump's base replacing the incumbent.

If it is held after the primaries, most senators in blue or purple states will vote to impeach, otherwise the general election will be all about their vote, an anchor around their necks.

As I understand it, right now McConnell is considering how to draw out the trial to get past the primaries. He really doesn't give a tinker's damn about Trump. He just wants to hang onto his senate majority. He may do what he did in 2016 with Obama's supreme court nominee and refuse to hold the trial vote "because it would be inappropriate to hold such a vote during an election year." Or some such nonsense as that.

Last edited:
I believe the democrats have proved their case.

Only argument republicans have left is that what trump did "bribery and obstruction of congress" isn't bad enough to remove him from office.

Remains to be seen in republicans in the senate will do the right thing or vote the party line.

They certainly have presented enough evidence, in my opinion, to vote for and proffer Articles of Impeachment to the Senate.

In my opinion, I still see no way Republicans in either House are going to first, vote for Articles of Impeachment or second, vote to convict in the Senate on the Articles of Impeachment, no matter what obvious evidence is presented at trial, especially in the case of facts we already know to be true since the President has already admitted to them.

Withholding or dispensing Congressionally approved and earmarked aid to nations as leverage for achieving legal foreign policy goals of the United States is NOT an impeachable offense. Never has been, and never will be.

____________________________________________ < Bold Line between what is Constitutional and what isn't Constitutional. Trump can't seem to see this line. Republicans can't seem to see that Trump can't see that line.

Withholding or dispensing Congressionally approved and earmarked aid to nations as leverage for achieving personal reelection campaign goals of the President IS an impeachable offense. Always has been, and always will be.

Zero.

100% partisan.

There will be retaliation against democrat presidents in the future.

No senator will vote to impeach, Democrat or Republican. Vote will never happen.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I used to think that, but now I think Mitch will want to hold hearings so his party can respond to the allegations. Plus it'll suck all the energy out of the Dem primaries. Plus it'll pull four Dem senatorial candidates (Biden, Warren, Sanders and Klobucher) back to Washington when they desperately need to be out on the campaign trail.

The Dems thought impeachment theater would help them in November. Two can play that game though.

Back
Top Bottom