• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

how many pro choicers terminated?

FISHX

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
How many pro choicers have terminated or lived through termination?
You hear all the time about this grand choice how many have actualy used the right to choose

FISHX said:
You hear all the time about this grand choice how many have actualy used the right to choose

22,478 since January,17 2004...not including those with overbites.

But as long as we are asking pointless questions that no one can answer, and attempting to get a rise out of the opposition:

How Many Pro-Lifers have Adopted a child?

tecoyah said:
22,478 since January,17 2004...not including those with overbites.

But as long as we are asking pointless questions that no one can answer, and attempting to get a rise out of the opposition:

How Many Pro-Lifers have Adopted a child?

Already been asked hun and answered that was actually the inspiration to my question

http://www.debatepolitics.com/showthread.php?t=6613

1. Are you asking the female pro-choicers on this board? You've got to be kidding yourself if you think they'd admit it on here, given the flames they'd receieve.

2. I know three women who've terminated and are pro-choice.

FISHX said:
That would be a great Poll How do you start a poll?

vergiss said:
1. Are you asking the female pro-choicers on this board? You've got to be kidding yourself if you think they'd admit it on here, given the flames they'd receieve.

2. I know three women who've terminated and are pro-choice.

The contents of the question is aimed at both males and females that have either terminated or lived through termination.

It is a somple enough question i can,t see why pro choice wouldn,t answer honestly it is the choice that they advocate so why not answer the question is it a choice they have taken and used?

Proudly Pro Life JP Freem said:
That would be a great Poll How do you start a poll?

When you go into new thread post your question then go to the bottom and choose the add poll option then just add your poll questions and post.

FISHX said:
The contents of the question is aimed at both males and females that have either terminated or lived through termination.

It is a somple enough question i can,t see why pro choice wouldn,t answer honestly it is the choice that they advocate so why not answer the question is it a choice they have taken and used?

They probably wouldn't want to admit it because they don't want to go around in circles trying to "defend" their choice to people on the pro life side.

But, like I just answered in JP's poll, I've never even been pregnant, so I've never been faced with the decision on whether or not to abort. And since I'm married now, the only time I would consider an abortion would be if I were raped or if my own life were in danger. Yeah, that might be selfish, but....my husband would be lost if I died in childbirth and he had an infant to care for on his own.

But I do have friends that have always been pro choice that have actually had abortions.

FISHX said:

Despite my gut feeling that this is a trap in which I will be inundated with hate. I will bite because I am a proud Pro-Choice advocate! And I have nothing to hide about this... So please, respect my honesty and consider that before you all start choppin'

In high school, when I and my girlfriend at the time were 17 we ended up pregnant because of hormones, drinking and the lack of a condom.

When we found out about it we both seriously considered the consiquences of keeping the child knowing that doing so would write the next 18 years of our lives as well as going through with an abortion which could result in severe damage to the uterus and as a result, hinder any future pregnancy. We went to Planned Parenthood a week after finding out to at least schedule an appointment for an abortion proceedure and get some literature about it. Of course there was a waiting period and we knew we could easily cancel the appointment if we decided to carry the pregnancy to term. There was no pressure from anyone in our families, and yes we did tell them, on either side. No one was outside of the PP clinic begging us to kill our child either.

After a couple of weeks and much stress from the decision we had on our plate, my choice was to continue with the pregnancy but my girlfriend had chosen to go through with the abortion. I could not stop her, it was her body and I offered my support of her choice. It was the least I could do. Do I feel bad about it? Yes, I do because I think it was selfish of us to put our lives ahead of the one we could make. But it was our choice, we made it and did it. There is no going back.

Years past, I turned 23 and had a new girlfriend (My girlfriend from high school and I had drifted apart shortly after graduation). We had been dating for a very little amount of time but we had grown to the point where I was staying at her apartment all the time (I was living with my brother and my girlfriend was in college). This time I wasn't going to make the same mistake of not wearing a condom... Not only for contraception but because of STDs. We lived in a bigger city than the one I grew up in, she was in college, we met in a bar. Neither one of us intended to get sick or pregnant (I include myself as pregnant because in high school I was taught that it takes 2 to make a baby so as the father I am just as responsible for the pregnancy as the mother is, I suppose that was an important part of my education. I am surpirsed that people want to ban it).

Unfortunately we were in that 0.1% category, the condom broke and we ended up pregnant. This time though the decision was easier because my girlfriend absolutely did not want the pregnancy at all, she was finishing college and felt that she was about to start her life she didn't want it during that time. And again I suggested going through with the pregnancy but she wouldn't have it and I supported her decision after that. I still feel bad but I was pretty much eliminated from the decision making process. I don't think I even finished explaining my feelings before I was cut off when my girlfriend picked up on where I was going. I had to respect her right though.

Again more years passed, my mother had a brain hemorrhage during heart surgery and she was in a coma for 2 weeks my brothers, sister and mother's boyfriend (my father died when I was 13) held a vigil over her body while she was on life support. The doctors concluded that even though they went in to drain the blood it was too late and she would never recover from the brain damage. We discontinued the life support and her body died 13 hours later. Her brain couldn't keep telling her body to breath. I believe she died in surgery some may think differently.

A couple years later I found myself married to my wife. We were in our second year of marriage and we had gotten pregnant. We intended to keep it. However the embryo attached itself to her right fallopian tube, it was an entopic pregnancy. She miscarried, we rushed to the hospital she was bleeding very badly. It was then discovered that the pregnancy had in part developed a varicose vein that ran from her tube to her uterus. She had to have a radical hysterectomy.

I have been surrounded with this my whole life and yet I am still a good natured, happy person who cares for every living thing, I don't even kill spiders.

For my ex-girlfriends, I don't know where they are now but I know my first one from high school has children.

Last edited:
Saboteur said:
Despite my gut feeling that this is a trap in which I will be inundated with hate. I will bite because I am a proud Pro-Choice advocate! And I have nothing to hide about this... So please, respect my honesty and consider that before you all start choppin'

In high school, when I and my girlfriend at the time were 17 we ended up pregnant because of hormones, drinking and the lack of a condom.

When we found out about it we both seriously considered the consiquences of keeping the child knowing that doing so would write the next 18 years of our lives as well as going through with an abortion which could result in severe damage to the uterus and as a result, hinder any future pregnancy. We went to Planned Parenthood a week after finding out to at least schedule an appointment for an abortion proceedure and get some literature about it. Of course there was a waiting period and we knew we could easily cancel the appointment if we decided to carry the pregnancy to term. There was no pressure from anyone in our families, and yes we did tell them, on either side. No one was outside of the PP clinic begging us to kill our child either.

After a couple of weeks and much stress from the decision we had on our plate, my choice was to continue with the pregnancy but my girlfriend had chosen to go through with the abortion. I could not stop her, it was her body and I offered my support of her choice. It was the least I could do. Do I feel bad about it? Yes, I do because I think it was selfish of us to put our lives ahead of the one we could make. But it was our choice, we made it and did it. There is no going back.

Years past, I turned 23 and had a new girlfriend (My girlfriend from high school and I had drifted apart shortly after graduation). We had been dating for a very little amount of time but we had grown to the point where I was staying at her apartment all the time (I was living with my brother and my girlfriend was in college). This time I wasn't going to make the same mistake of not wearing a condom... Not only for contraception but because of STDs. We lived in a bigger city than the one I grew up in, she was in college, we met in a bar. Neither one of us intended to get sick or pregnant (I include myself as pregnant because in high school I was taught that it takes 2 to make a baby so as the father I am just as responsible for the pregnancy as the mother is, I suppose that was an important part of my education. I am surpirsed that people want to ban it).

Unfortunately we were in that 0.1% category, the condom broke and we ended up pregnant. This time though the decision was easier because my girlfriend absolutely did not want the pregnancy at all, she was finishing college and felt that she was about to start her life she didn't want it during that time. And again I suggested going through with the pregnancy but she wouldn't have it and I supported her decision after that. I still feel bad but I was pretty much eliminated from the decision making process. I don't think I even finished explaining my feelings before I was cut off when my girlfriend picked up on where I was going. I had to respect her right though.

Again more years passed, my mother had a brain hemorrhage during heart surgery and she was in a coma for 2 weeks my brothers, sister and mother's boyfriend (my father died when I was 13) held a vigil over her body while she was on life support. The doctors concluded that even though they went in to drain the blood it was too late and she would never recover from the brain damage. We discontinued the life support and her body died 13 hours later. Her brain couldn't keep telling her body to breath. I believe she died in surgery some may think differently.

A couple years later I found myself married to my wife. We were in our second year of marriage and we had gotten pregnant. We intended to keep it. However the embryo attached itself to her right fallopian tube, it was an entopic pregnancy. She miscarried, we rushed to the hospital she was bleeding very badly. It was then discovered that the pregnancy had in part developed a varicose vein that ran from her tube to her uterus. She had to have a radical hysterectomy.

I have been surrounded with this my whole life and yet I am still a good natured, happy person who cares for every living thing, I don't even kill spiders.

For my ex-girlfriends, I don't know where they are now but I know my first one from high school has children.

Thank you for sharing your story with us it was no trick question i ws just curiouse as to how many pro choicers have taken the choice that they advocate my heart goes out to you in the loss of your loved ones.

FISHX said:
Thank you for sharing your story with us it was no trick question i ws just curiouse as to how many pro choicers have taken the choice that they advocate my heart goes out to you in the loss of your loved ones.

Thank you for understanding and sympathy. And for giving me the opportunity to explain.

Saboteur said:
Thank you for understanding and sympathy. And for giving me the opportunity to explain.

Thats fine hun contarary to popular belief being pro life is not about judging people only the act;)

FISHX said:
Thats fine hun contarary to popular belief being pro life is not about judging people only the act;)

I wish that was everyone's attitude.

I've been known to judge too.

Back
Top Bottom