• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

How many people you think are gay?

What percentage of males in the U.S. are gay?

• Less than 1 percent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 19 percent to 22 percent

• 22 percent to 25 percent

• Total voters
???

Whatya talkin about Navy.....a few months back you made a reference to yourself as a homosexual....why the backtracking now?

Hey, just because Navy Pride lurks and opines on issues affecting gays over on the gay threads all the time does not mean he is homosexual. I mean just because a fella hangs out in gay bars all the time doesn't necessarily mean he's queer. It could just mean that person's an alcoholic and can't get anyone of their same sex to buy 'em a drink. :mrgreen:

For example, if you see a "terrorist expert" over on some cable channel that don't mean the guy is a terrorist. He just THINKS like a terrorist.

I think Navy is more "gay curious" than anything. All those years in the Navy takes it's toll on a falla. 500 hundred sailors head out to sea. 250 couples return. :rofl

Just kidding around. Have a great weekend everyone.

Is the fact I viewed and participated in this thread mean I am now counted in the gay statistic?? Since I have shown an interest in gay issues?

I guess thats how the Crab People are breaking down masculinty.

4loqaub.jpg

Is the fact I viewed and participated in this thread mean I am now counted in the gay statistic?? Since I have shown an interest in gay issues?

I guess thats how the Crab People are breaking down masculinty.

4loqaub.jpg

I think it was the nailpolish and the pantyhose that gave you away dude.... :rofl

It has to be at least over 4%...

But I don't think were ever going to know.

There's too many variables.
For instance, there’s so much secret stuff that goes on with sex. There are endless amounts of closeted homosexual/bisexual people.
Do we count a man with a wife and kids who has an occasional one night stand 3 or 4 times a year??
Or do we only count the people that are open about it?
What about the millions of young crazy girls who do **** with other girls every once and a while just for fun…Do we count them?

If we put in all of this the percentage would be well above 10…

You nailed Tashah? :shock:

You show the same fundamental misunderstanding of the relationship vis a vis Tashah and her chosen paramores as do people when they make a casual statement about a person owning a cat.

or perhaps tigress.......

I just noticed a typo in the poll

3 percent to 9 percent is supposed to be 6 percent to 9 percent :doh

I'll put a hundred dollars on 6-9%, with emphasis on 9%.

I'm voting on the option "3-9%" as though it were 6-9%.

Last edited:
I put 10-13%. That's just based off of my personal experiences. But I'm including both men and women - and bisexuality.

I dont have a clue....

The only people I know who are gay are here on the board (site).
In person I dont know of any.

So let's hear it nes, what does your analysis claim the answer is?

For the record....

I just pressed the print icon in I.E. by accident at my work, and this entire thread just got printed out multiple times :rofl

When I went to go pick it up (quite embarassed actually and hoping I still had a job) at the actual printer, I was greeted by my co-workers asking, "So, what IS your opinion in this poll?" all with big grins on their faces.

Yeah, today's been a long, long day, but as of now, I still have a job :mrgreen:

For the record....

I just pressed the print icon in I.E. by accident at my work, and this entire thread just got printed out multiple times :rofl

When I went to go pick it up (quite embarassed actually and hoping I still had a job) at the actual printer, I was greeted by my co-workers asking, "So, what IS your opinion in this poll?" all with big grins on their faces.

Yeah, today's been a long, long day, but as of now, I still have a job :mrgreen:

....oops:shock:

I always thought it was one in ten...can't remember why, but it seems quite a large figure to me...

I always thought it was one in ten...can't remember why, but it seems quite a large figure to me...

Well I think homosexuality (for both men and women) is a lot more common then people think or studies find. A lot of gay men get married and even have kids, and either don't come out until later or never do for fear of the societal consequences. This not only happens with men, but also with women.

Because of this, I think that many studies are faulty because I think a lot of these people who truly do have homosexual tendencies would say they don't, simply because they are committed to a heterosexual relationship when they are asked.

There are several gay rights groups that claim the figure is one in ten, such as.... One in Ten.:lol:

Good rule of thumb is that if you ever see an advocacy group claiming that their size is X, they're actually around 1/2X.

Unless it's hippie protesters, in which case it's more like 1/5X

I'll go on 10%....thats what I always thought...

Back
Top Bottom