• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many people will be at the Colbert/Stewart rally on 10.30.2010?

How many people will be at the rally in DC on 10.30.10?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josie

*probably reading smut*
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Just a fun guessing game. :)

It truly is funny they have done this. But ironically I think it is because the right sees these guys as the political opposite to glen beck.. et el. But I think what truly is being misunderstood by the right is that these guys are funny people first. Right wing equivalents are taken seriously by the right.. so much so they were able to hobble together a real political movement. Will there be a lot of people at the Colbert/Stewart rally? Yes likely but there will be a larger component that is more interested in the comedians and not the political. "normal" people if you like.

IMO they are far better entertainers then beck was or ever will be. I can’t say how many will be there but I expect it won’t turn into a political/religious event. It will be interesting to see not to mention funny as hell.

Last edited:

No clue. Forthcoming details will probably have a big influence the results. At the moment it's just a fun "hey guys lets all show up at the same place and make a crowd". Suspect there will be some kind of Guest List / Schedule of Events evolve over the coming weeks. If it sounds like major fun time and it's free, the sky's the limit I imagine.....;)

Not voting, eh?

lol.. well to be honest IDK how many non religious/political fanatics will be showing up to this.. I can't imagine how many will attend myself. I think it is an entertaining question and good fun as well.

It depends really on what kind of counting system is used. If they just follow the Beck crowd then it should be around a million regardless of how many people actually show up.

I'm calling it now. I fully expect Stewart to do a bit afterwards where he inflates the numbers to an unrealistic number 10x's beyond the largest estimate to make fun of the people doing this recently.

It depends really on what kind of counting system is used. If they just follow the Beck crowd then it should be around a million regardless of how many people actually show up.

I'm calling it now. I fully expect Stewart to do a bit afterwards where he inflates the numbers to an unrealistic number 10x's beyond the largest estimate to make fun of the people doing this recently.

Do you think the trend of exaggerating rally attendance started and ended with Glenn Beck?

Not many . People dont mind a good joke- they just dont wanna be one.

The what?

No idea.

Do you think the trend of exaggerating rally attendance started and ended with Glenn Beck?

Well, the Tea Party event April 15 in DC had approx. 70-80,000 and Beck implied it was more likely a million.

I am guessing probably about 50k. This conclusion was arrived at by using my patented pick a random number out of my butt method.

I think 10-20 thousand will be at the rally.

Not really responsive to my point.

You are correct, exaggerating attendance didn't start or end with Mr. Beck. Are you happy now?

However, I think those on right are more apt to exaggerate than those on the left.

I think theres a potential for alot of people to show up, my parents are going to be there and we know several others who will. I cant wait to watch it.

I am guessing probably about 50k. This conclusion was arrived at by using my patented pick a random number out of my butt method.

Liar. I picked a random number out of your butt and got 42.

I'm sure you think that.

Isn't that what I said? The right is always concerned about counts; they want to prove they are the best. Who starts these crowd counts threads. It's somebody from the right.

Back
Top Bottom