• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many people do you know that would do business with segregationists?

Would you or anyone you know do business with a store that had a openly racist policy

• Over half the people I know would frequent such a business

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Most people I know would frequent such a business

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I voted that I wouldn't patronize a store like that. It does remind me of one time when my party of six was asked to leave an otherwise all black church gathering at a fund-raiser held at Arlington Park Race Track. We bought tickets quite by accident. But decided to stay once we realized what had happened. After about thirty minutes, the minister came over and very nicely asked us if we'd mind moving out of their church gathering....said we'd probaby be more comfortable. He was right. We were.

Why the hell didn't he try to include you?

I find that most people segregate themselves by choice not even realizing it. Yet when they notice someone else doing this they are seen as racist.

I've seen people segregate themselves. Back in the day, I attended classes at a local community college, and the biggest lounge on campus typically featured black students seated on one side and white students seated on the other.

I never particularly thought of that as being a result of racism. What I did think was racist were the occasions when I'd start out on the "wrong" side of the lounge in the morning, studying for a test, end up surrounded by people who didn't look like me . . . and get weird or dirty looks from people who thought I shouldn't be sitting there.

How many heterosexual men here frequent a gay bar?

I live in the sticks. No gay bars.

Does this make you a homophobe? or perhaps your interests simply are not the same and therefor you go with more like minded people.

As far as I'm concerned if you want to segregate, then resign yourself to being a customer / employee for the rest of your life.

Another shoddy attempt to try and justify tossing out the Civil Rights Amend. If it isn't needed, why the push to get rid of it? Who do racists think they are kidding? Bigots should be exposed for what they are and their businesses shut down.

Would you apply that to the black rodeo,circus, or the black fund raiser that was mentioned earlier?

Back
Top Bottom