• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many people do you have on ignore

Number of people I have on ignore

Votes: 65 73.0%
  • 1-5

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • 6-10

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 11-20

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Infinity, etc

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I refuse to answer poll, but will still post.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDBoop

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
And if the answer is '0', do you have them on 'faux ignore'? I.e., you just don't respond to anything they say.

0, and i still respond to people i dislike, even if it is just to troll :mrgreen:

I've put two on ignore, but I will likely take them back off before long. Just because those gray bars are a pain in the ass. <G> I was hoping invisible meant "No really, it's like they cease to exist!!"

I don't have anyone on ignore. I have a few posters who I have deemed to be hacks so I don't take what they say with too much consideration. However I still try to stomach reading their posts. I believe in still respecting them enough to read what they had to say, even if it's partisan puke. I guess you could say I have them on faux ignore because I rarely (if ever) respond to them and I don't put too much weight into what they have to say.

I admire your way of thinking and handling it.

What about the people who just keep tossing out the same sound bytes over and over? I have one in mind who seems to think that people can be "raised white".

I don't have anyone on ignore. I have a few posters who I have deemed to be hacks so I don't take what they say with too much consideration. However I still try to stomach reading their posts. I believe in still respecting them enough to read what they had to say, even if it's partisan puke. I guess you could say I have them on faux ignore because I rarely (if ever) respond to them and I don't put too much weight into what they have to say.

Last edited:
^5 <grinning from ear-to-ear> I KNEW somebody was gonna post that!

Probably more than one somebodies.

I admire your way of thinking and handling it.

What about the people who just keep tossing out the same sound bytes over and over? I have one in mind who seems to think that people can be "raised white".

And about those people. I don't place them on ignore, but in those instances I just don't read the post. I'll get through the first sentence and realize it's something that they have said 100 times over and has already been discussed. I also ignore people that use the same argument repeatedly and don't address the points that others have made regarding it. Personally I find those posts to be more annoying.

I don't have anyone on ignore.
I do sometimes however refuse to respond to people I consider to be irrational in their arguments, whether due to a strong and unbreakable political opinion or simply due to their lack of brain cells.

3 people. They're absolutely worthless members of this board coincidentally, or maybe not so coincidentally.

Actually, they don't even use the board anymore so it doesn't even matter.

And if the answer is '0', do you have them on 'faux ignore'? I.e., you just don't respond to anything they say.

I respond/or not to the post, not the poster.
I haven't been here all that long. In the future I may catch myself responding or not responding differently once I get to know people more.
I doubt I would ever put someone on ignore. I'm too nosy for that.:2wave:

I've never put anybody on an "ignore" list.
I don't even know how.
It seems like it would be kind of pointless; you'd still be able to read what they wrote anytime they were quoted by someone else.
I don't really see the point of it.
Anyway, ignoring people is not my style.
If I don't like them, I'd rather run them off the forum.

For the most part, the few people on my ignore list end up getting banned sooner or later for their asshattery, so I tend to use the list to accelerate in my reading experience what is inevitable to begin with.

Zero is how many I have on ignore. Half the fun is the loons.

Well judging on the number of conservatives and libertarians that a) are birthers b) believe Obama is Marxist c) Obama caused the recession d) think tax cuts bring in more revenue e) believe the "free market" is a cure all for society .. etc. My ignore list would be terribly long on this message board.

What is the point of only listening to the things you believe? It would be quite boring. But I do tire of silly semantics and bad arguments relatively quick sometimes. Others I can put up with it but that isn't always my sentiment. So I don’t have anyone on ignore.

Last edited:
Last night I became angry at somebody's idiocy (nothing to do with politics, by the way). Just flat out ignorance. Fine, be ignorant. But don't dress it up all pretty and claim it's about something else entirely.

"What is the point of only listening to the things you believe?" - Would that it were that simple. I would live on this board if it were actually opposing sides following the rules of debate. I would feed on the information. But you can only see so many variations of "I know you are, but what am I" before you realize you are wasting your time reading their posts.

Last night I became angry at somebody's idiocy (nothing to do with politics, by the way). Just flat out ignorance. Fine, be ignorant. But don't dress it up all pretty and claim it's about something else entirely.

"What is the point of only listening to the things you believe?" - Would that it were that simple. I would live on this board if it were actually opposing sides following the rules of debate. I would feed on the information. But you can only see so many variations of "I know you are, but what am I" before you realize you are wasting your time reading their posts.

Oh I know it isn't that simple. I have a high level of distain for stonewalling of presented information etc. But what can you do? You can't convince them to see another perspective. At least I understand the wanting to ignore.

This brings to mind another issue that ties well into this one. Loyalty. People who refuse to give it, don't deserve it. I spent far too many years being loyal to people who did not deserve my loyalty.

Therefore. Why should I give any thought to the posts of people who just blow off the posts that contradict theirs?

This brings to mind another issue that ties well into this one. Loyalty. People who refuse to give it, don't deserve it. I spent far too many years being loyal to people who did not deserve my loyalty.

Therefore. Why should I give any thought to the posts of people who just blow off the posts that contradict theirs?

I think sometimes it is appropriate to blow off arguments that are poorly constructed. Like for example when someone replies and says something is wrong explicitly without giving any thought as to why it is. IE: No your wrong, that’s not true.. without any evidence to say otherwise. Often completely irrelevant arguments are made and portrayed as empirical data that contradicts the topic at hand.. then when you ignore them they declare victory. Stuff like that.

I had one person on ignore. (I just updated to take him off, since he was banned over 6 months ago anyway.) I put him on ignore because he advocated putting all children into government-run institutions/homes to be raised "properly" and I believe he idolized Charles Manson.

Whoa, Nellie. That's a 'unique' one.

I had one person on ignore. (I just updated to take him off, since he was banned over 6 months ago anyway.) I put him on ignore because he advocated putting all children into government-run institutions/homes to be raised "properly" and I believe he idolized Charles Manson.

It's just as hard to ignore everyone who irritates me as it is to respond to everyone who posts.

I don't have anyone on ignore. I'll read posts and respond if warranted. I also have never once reported a post either. All's fair in love and politics.

I don't have anyone on ignore. I'll read posts and respond if warranted. I also have never once reported a post either. All's fair in love and politics.

:shock:

Your post offends me.

I'm adding you to my ignore list and reporting you for the abuse.

Rule #3 (flaming)

:lol: :lamo :peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom