• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many people do you have on ignore

Number of people I have on ignore

Votes: 65 73.0%
  • 1-5

Votes: 15 16.9%
  • 6-10

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • 11-20

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Infinity, etc

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I refuse to answer poll, but will still post.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One regular poster in the middle east forum has announced she either has people on ignore or is about to put them on ignore dozens of times by now. Of course, she continues to respond to those she has on ignore or is about to put on ignore, and in doing so has revealed the real secret to the entire concept. The ignore feature really isn't there to be used per se, but to be reserved as an announced threat much like holding your breath until turning blue.

One regular poster in the middle east forum has announced she either has people on ignore or is about to put them on ignore dozens of times by now. Of course, she continues to respond to those she has on ignore or is about to put on ignore, and in doing so has revealed the real secret to the entire concept. The ignore feature really isn't there to be used per se, but to be reserved as an announced threat much like holding your breath until turning blue.

I use it as a filter of sorts. I don't have to read a post from someone on my list unless I feel like it. Plus, there are some who get on the list immediately after joining the forum,... them being on my list reminds me to take them even less seriously than I would some other new member.

My ever changing list includes; "1069 BDBoop Centrist77 CriticalThought donc Edward_L._Sin EpicDude86 ewm90 Guy Incognito Hatuey Kali LiveUninhibited missypea misterman OKgrannie prometeus rivrrat Sov The Uncola Toothpicvic winston53660"

I use it as a filter of sorts. I don't have to read a post from someone on my list unless I feel like it. Plus, there are some who get on the list immediately after joining the forum,... them being on my list reminds me to take them even less seriously than I would some other new member.

My ever changing list includes; "1069 BDBoop Centrist77 CriticalThought donc Edward_L._Sin EpicDude86 ewm90 Guy Incognito Hatuey Kali LiveUninhibited missypea misterman OKgrannie prometeus rivrrat Sov The Uncola Toothpicvic winston53660"

So, like... you typically ignore the more intelligent members of the forum, including most of the regular female members?

I don't put anyone on ignore, it never helps and they still respond to things that I say, it just makes me look bad for not responding to their messages. There are certainly people that I will avoid responding to because I know it's pointless, but it's not nearly as bad here as it is on other forums.

I put people on ignore, sometimes life's too short to keep reading the same old sh1t . They usually remain on ignore for 2-4 days before I take them off again. It just gives a bit of respite.

The ones who go on ignore are generally those who just post partisan or crass one-liners. Haven't got a problem with people I constantly disagree with, provided they are making an argument and not just tossing off brainless one-liners or reams of irrelevant, flaming links. The ignore function serves a good purpose, so I use it.

Moderator's Warning:
This is PRECISELY what this thread may NOT become if it is to remain upstairs. No call outs or identifying who you have on ignore.

This reminds me of the old Nilsson song that goes "I'd rather be dead, than be fed".

I don't need a machine to help me ignore people. That's a skill I don't expect to lose anytime soon.

I don't put anyone on ignore. There are certain people who's posts make me laugh.

1 on ignore. 1 that there's no point responding to.

At the moment, I have nobody on ignore but, I might have a candidate. I have been debating a long time and I have limited patience for children or people who cannot comprehend and misrepresent by points after I have pointed it out severely times. It might be my debates with college professors that has limited my patience because I expect a certain level of debate.

And if the answer is '0', do you have them on 'faux ignore'? I.e., you just don't respond to anything they say.

0 on the ignore setting
probably around 10 or so on faux ignore, but not because I refuse to say anything, its just they are idiotic and not worth the energy.

Last edited:
I don't have anyone on ignore. I have a few posters who I have deemed to be hacks so I don't take what they say with too much consideration. However I still try to stomach reading their posts. I believe in still respecting them enough to read what they had to say, even if it's partisan puke. I guess you could say I have them on faux ignore because I rarely (if ever) respond to them and I don't put too much weight into what they have to say.

That's almost exactly identical to my situation.

One thing I do have to say on the subject and it's just being perfectly honest. If you say you have been without the sin of bias and never argued from that bias your a bloody liar. We are all guilty. So ignore is hypocritical. Just my opinion.

I have nobody on ignore.Its a little ***** bitch move to put someone on an ignore list. If you do not like what someone says either ignore it or refute it.

So, like... you typically ignore the more intelligent members of the forum, including most of the regular female members?

Not to mention most people who don't fall for his word games.

3 people. They're absolutely worthless members of this board coincidentally, or maybe not so coincidentally.

Actually, they don't even use the board anymore so it doesn't even matter.

Hardly worthwhile mentioning their existance then?

I have nobody on an ignore list, primarily because in the first place I have no idea how to put someone on such a list (Do NOT take that as an invitation for you to educate me), next because I simply do not have the patience.
I do respond to those people who post item's with which I disagree, but not in every instance.
I also do respond to posters I do not like albeit with a marked reluctance, but I rationalize it by thinking if they have taken the time and trouble to write or post something, then the least I should do (assuming I am sufficiently interested in whatever they have written or posted) is to respond.

At the moment, I have nobody on ignore but, I might have a candidate. I have been debating a long time and I have limited patience for children or people who cannot comprehend and misrepresent by points after I have pointed it out severely times. It might be my debates with college professors that has limited my patience because I expect a certain level of debate.

Just so you know, mods can not be put on ignore.

I already tried it.

What? You have me or have had me on ignore? Why? I thought we were cool with each other. :( This makes me sad.

In the 9 months I've been here, I've not put anyone on an ignore list, and there's only been a couple that I would have considered, but it's really being pretty petty if you let anyone bother you that much.:) Do some people try to bait others? Sure, but it's really their problem, rather than that of the one they are trying to bait.

None, but there are people I tend to stay away from.

What? You have me or have had me on ignore? Why? I thought we were cool with each other. :( This makes me sad.

Moderator's Warning:
Basement link removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderator's Warning:
Basement link removed.

Oh OK..Yeah that was a heated topic. I am glad I am off your ignore now and sorry I went totally off in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom