• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many naysayers?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
This is for all the folks on here who are the naysayers. Remember back in february when covid first started to hit america? Remember the comments from the naysayers? It's no worse than the common cold. The flu kills more people each year etc. etc.

Are you now willing to come forward and say, I was one of those naysayers and I was wrong?

I'll be waiting for the crickets to answer.

This is for all the folks on here who are the naysayers. Remember back in february when covid first started to hit america? Remember the comments from the naysayers? It's no worse than the common cold. The flu kills more people each year etc. etc.

Are you now willing to come forward and say, I was one of those naysayers and I was wrong?

Nope, they won't. They are all now buying into the QAnon Conspiracy that all those deaths aren't REALLY due to COVID and Hospitals were lying.

All you have to do is google to see left wing talking heads and msm naysaying like that in the early days.

I was saying at the time of the shutdowns we were way too early, except for NY.

It was asinine to shut down with hardly any cases. It’s like wasting ammo. Making it harder to shut down latter if necessary.

Yes, I do...

"Excuse our arrogance as New Yorkers — I speak for the mayor also on this one — we think we have the best health care system on the planet right here in New York. So, when you’re saying, what happened in other countries versus what happened here, we don’t even think it’s going to be as bad as it was in other countries."
--Andrew Cuomo

"We want to encourage New Yorkers going out. If you're under 50 & you're healthy, which is most NYers, there's very little threat here. This disease, even if you were to get it, basically acts like a common cold or flu. And transmission is not that easy,"
--de Blasio

"We're telling New Yorkers, go about your lives, take the subway, go out, enjoy life!"
--Barbot, NYC "Health" Commissioner

All you have to do is google to see left wing talking heads and msm naysaying like that in the early days.

I was saying at the time of the shutdowns we were way too early, except for NY.

It was asinine to shut down with hardly any cases. It’s like wasting ammo. Making it harder to shut down latter if necessary.

Actually, in the real world, a thirty day shutdown in March, a real shutdown nationwide, would have extinguished the virus present in the United States. Then we could have focused on containment and we'd be close to back to normal.

It is fundamental lack of understanding of epidemiology that leads to positions like yours. Coupled with a lot of blame shifting rhetoric in yall's media.

The economic impact of that thirty day lockdown would have been far less than what we actually got doing it the trump way.

And far far fewer people would have died or spent weeks suffocating in a hospital.

Actually, in the real world, a thirty day shutdown in March, a real shutdown nationwide, would have extinguished the virus present in the United States. Then we could have focused on containment and we'd be close to back to normal.

It is fundamental lack of understanding of epidemiology that leads to positions like yours. Coupled with a lot of blame shifting rhetoric in yall's media.

The economic impact of that thirty day lockdown would have been far less than what we actually got doing it the trump way.

And far far fewer people would have died or spent weeks suffocating in a hospital.

Well other nations, where respect for community, and others is a cultural norm, of course such a stategy is feasible.

You can't expect Americans to do ANYTHING they're told, unless it serves self interest. Wear a mask to protect others? It goes against the core of conservatism, the "virtue of selfishnesss". American conservatives are ENTITLED to their rights, even if it puts others at lives at risk, because their FREEDOM counts more than other's well being....

America is culturally incapable of working in it's own interest; we are "too exceptional" for rules....

Well other nations, where respect for community, and others is a cultural norm, of course such a stategy is feasible.

You can't expect Americans to do ANYTHING they're told, unless it serves self interest. Wear a mask to protect others? It goes against the core of conservatism, the "virtue of selfishnesss". American conservatives are ENTITLED to their rights, even if it puts others at lives at risk, because their FREEDOM counts more than other's well being....

America is culturally incapable of working in it's own interest; we are "too exceptional" for rules....

I've been saying for a while that the main difference between us and the countries doing much better is that more of their adults are actually adult.

Ridiculous.

You lack a fundamental understanding.

I've been saying for a while that the main difference between us and the countries doing much better is that more of their adults are actually adult.

AFAIK "antivaxxers" are almost entirely an American phenomenon.....

Christ, if the Trump era has proved anything, it's probably that America (as we've known it) MUST die....

Despite the LIES from the right (about what "leftists" want), no it doesn't need massive radical changes, just small sensible ones could craft something truly great, but it will take some kind of unity, and with the wedge Trump® and all that led up to him has driven into American culture, I begin to seriously doubt Americal lasts long enough to see that day.... :coffeepap

Ridiculous.

You lack a fundamental understanding.

So you have a counter argument beyond "I know you are but what am I"?

Please do explain how people isolating from each other long enough for the virus to run its course in everyone who had it when the lockdown began, as well as those they live with, would not have extinguished the virus?

How would it have spread? How would it have survived with no new infected? How could a thirty day full shutdown have cost more than the massive ****up we're seeing now?

How would it have been possible for 180k of our fellow Americans to die if the virus was snuffed by April?

AFAIK "antivaxxers" are almost entirely an American phenomenon.....

Christ, if the Trump era has proved anything, it's probably that America (as we've known it) MUST die....

Despite the LIES from the right (about what "leftists" want), no it doesn't need massive radical changes, just small sensible ones could craft something truly great, but it will take some kind of unity, and with the wedge Trump® and all that led up to him has driven into American culture, I begin to seriously doubt Americal lasts long enough to see that day.... :coffeepap

And damned if we might not see the civil war between the smart people and the stupid people that I have been jokingly predicting for years.

Get your MAGA hat and Q tshirt. Memorize your "libtards" and "soy boys". Cultivate a drawl if you can do it convincingly.

Because while they are better armed the are also stupid, so the above should be enough to keep people safe until not being able to find a libtard to kill makes them go insane.

And damned if we might not see the civil war between the smart people and the stupid people that I have been jokingly predicting for years.

Get your MAGA hat and Q tshirt. Memorize your "libtards" and "soy boys". Cultivate a drawl if you can do it convincingly.

Because while they are better armed the are also stupid, so the above should be enough to keep people safe until not being able to find a libtard to kill makes them go insane.

It's a myth that they're that much better armed....

Conservatives hoard guns. Libs like guns too, we just tend to get ones we like and keep/use them. We don't have an obsessive need to "stock up" on guns themselves....

We're not going into a panic every time the words "gun control" comes on the news, rushing out to spend our emergency savings buying a few extra emergency guns to stash for when the libs inevitably come to take them, like happpens EVERY SINGLE TIME A DEMONCRAT IS president.

I mean with all the gun seizures, every time Demoncrats banned all guns, it's amazing any guns remain in 'murica at all isn't it?:shock:

Oh well, I'm sure they will survive when Joe seizes all their guns and ammo, EXACTLY like Obama did, BOTH times he was elected....:screwy:lamo:coffeepap

So you have a counter argument beyond "I know you are but what am I"?

Please do explain how people isolating from each other long enough for the virus to run its course in everyone who had it when the lockdown began, as well as those they live with, would not have extinguished the virus?

How would it have spread? How would it have survived with no new infected? How could a thirty day full shutdown have cost more than the massive ****up we're seeing now?

How would it have been possible for 180k of our fellow Americans to die if the virus was snuffed by April?

Please explain how, if it works on x date, it will not work on y date.

Examples?

No. You will just ignore them and live in your bubble. Fly to another country and check it out yourself.... :cool:

Oh wait, I forgot, because of Trump's failure with the pandemic, the rest of the world CANCELLED your passport, if you even have one (unlikely judging by the moronic posts you regularly crap out).... :lamo

Please explain how, if it works on x date, it will not work on y date.

It would work now.

It would work at any point in time.

The virus has a life cycle. People are exposed and become infected. They may or may not have symptoms but in two weeks or so it has run it's course, and the virus in those people is gone, cannot be spread further by them. Now they may have infected someone in their household. That's what the second two weeks are for. So this secondary cohort will have the virus run its course in them. There would he some outliers in this process, but the numbers would be too small to justify further lockdown and we would know where they were so they could he dealt with with containment measures.

This is how this works. It is just math.

It would work now.

The virus has a life cycle. People are exposed and become infected. They may or may not have symptoms but in two weeks or so it has run it's course, and the virus in those people is gone, cannot be spread further by them. Now they may have infected someone in their household. That's what the second two weeks are for. So this secondary cohort will have the virus run its course in them. There would he some outliers in this process, but the numbers would be too small to justify further lockdown and we would know where they were so they could he dealt with with containment measures.

Yet we had shutdowns.

No. You will just ignore them and live in your bubble. Fly to another country and check it out yourself.... :cool:

Oh wait, I forgot, because of Trump's failure with the pandemic, the rest of the world CANCELLED your passport, if you even have one (unlikely judging by the moronic posts you regularly crap out).... :lamo

Yea sure, run from your claim.

It would work now.

Trumpublican's don't need no libturb book learnin' dumb asss libtard! You don't no ****, dumb ass lib!:lamo

Yea sure, run from your claim.

See and ignore post #17. I won't waste my time, thank What if...? :cool:

Then proceed with your dumb ass alt right bubble and thread crapping on the carpet.... :roll:

Do you actually expect perfect people that praise a perfect president to ever accept and acknowledge that they were wrong?

These people saying they were wrong? Not in their lifetimes

It's a myth that they're that much better armed....

Conservatives hoard guns. Libs like guns too, we just tend to get ones we like and keep/use them. We don't have an obsessive need to "stock up" on guns themselves....

We're not going into a panic every time the words "gun control" comes on the news, rushing out to spend our emergency savings buying a few extra emergency guns to stash for when the libs inevitably come to take them, like happpens EVERY SINGLE TIME A DEMONCRAT IS president.

I mean with all the gun seizures, every time Demoncrats banned all guns, it's amazing any guns remain in 'murica at all isn't it?:shock:

Oh well, I'm sure they will survive when Joe seizes all their guns and ammo, EXACTLY like Obama did, BOTH times he was elected....:screwy:lamo:coffeepap

Lol, the leadership of the right sells fear election after election...and amazingly it works. How many so called law abiding citizens keep their guns loaded in their houses and accessible and not in a gun safe? Oh well, I'm sure we will eventually hear from someone on the right the left is coming after their guns again.

See and ignore post #17. I won't waste my time, thank What if...? :cool:

Then proceed with your dumb ass alt right bubble and thread crapping on the carpet.... :roll:

Convenient excuses, keep running.

Yet we had shutdowns.

We had a random patchwork of things you call "shutdowns".

Different times and conditions in different places. Always limited, regularly defied.

I'm talking about a true shutdown. A thirty day quarantine. Nationwide. Enforced.

30 days and done, for all intents and purposes.

Which would also give time for reagent and PPE production to catch up and be ready for containment.

We would have been back to more or less normal in April. Might actually have extinguished it here in the States entirely.

Putting your fingers in your ears and going "LaLaLaLaLa" doesn't change this simple fact.

Back
Top Bottom