• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many jobs do you have?

How many jobs to do you have?

• Total voters
Clearly, that is all you can say.

Facts are facts.
There are facts, and there are opinions.

That people SHOULD work 60 hour weeks is an opinion.
That people who work 9-5 SHOULD get a second job is an opinion.
That teaching is a cushy job is an opinion.

The only facts you posted are your personal experiences, and not necessarily enviable.
That was the "wow". The tone of that post really surprised me.

I’m a stay at home Mom and pick up contract work at times - usually when my son is in school or if a project interests me (always remote work - even pre-Covid)

I volunteer for his school, sport teams, help my elderly in laws with getting to/from doctor appointments, help some elderly neighbors with getting groceries, etc.

I manage all the contractors that work on our properties, property bookings, etc and I handle the administrative side of our businesses running errands, doing bank deposits, correspondence, etc.

So there wasn’t a poll option I could choose.

With the recent job report being released, it got me to wondering. Are these additional jobs where people are brand new, re-entering the workforce post Covid or taking on a 2nd or 3rd job? So just doing a simple poll within DP as I'm curious. I currently hold one full-time job and one part-time job. I've done this for a while due to the lifestyle I wish to lead. Inflation is definitely taking a bite and causing me to reevaluate some expenses or considering working more hours.
I'm kinda in the same boat. I work full time as a correctional officer and I help out part time with the elections.

Back
Top Bottom