• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many gop supporters would still like to see trump run again in 2024?

He's probably going to be in jail soon.

When exactly did the USA stop being glorious? And how did it stop being glorious?
Under president Clinton.
How do you know what a total stranger "loves"? And if he "loved America" so much, why did he and his spawn send all of their manufacturing jobs overseas to the sweatshops of Asia?
He didn't send manufacturing overseas. President Clinton did when he signed the various global free trade agreements. President Trump didn't cause the manufacturing jobs overseas. It takes more than four years to do such things.

Under president Clinton.

He didn't send manufacturing overseas. President Clinton did when he signed the various global free trade agreements. President Trump didn't cause the manufacturing jobs overseas. It takes more than four years to do such things.

Trump sent all of his personal companies' manufacturing jobs overseas. You need to use Mr. Google and understand.

The country never stopped being great. You should move to a country you don't hate.

Trump sent all of his personal companies' manufacturing jobs overseas. You need to use Mr. Google and understand.

The country never stopped being great. You should move to a country you don't hate.
Did he have a choice financially?

Clinton set the stage to make it more profitable to move businesses. Trump couldn't compete. It was follow suit or die.

He tried getting tariffs passed to make it profitable for corporations to stay here, but the left fought it.

Again, it was follow suit or go bankrupt, because of global free trade.

Clinton set the stage to make it more profitable to move businesses. Trump couldn't compete. It was follow suit or die.

He tried getting tariffs passed to make it profitable for corporations to stay here, but the left fought it.

What a ****ing crock of shit. I can't believe you posted this horseshit.

That’s the Republican Party’s problem. They brought Trump on the scene, it’s up to them to descene him or get rid of him. I’ll tell you this, from all the numbers I’ve seen, independents, swing voters are leery about voting for Trump endorsed candidate or even a Trump led party.
I pray for that nightly. Has America really come to raw demagoguery and the feeding of hate?

The left? I heard a bunch of good old boys crying about the tariffs, out in the real world.

I don't really understand them, but farmers and ranchers and timber companies -- bubbas all around -- apparently got their plows cleaned by Trump's tariffs.

Is trump still the republican party or has the shine worn off?
While I voted for Trump, I am not a republican. The ticket did not really matter. I voted for the populist conservative movement that Trump tapped into. In 2024, I will vote for any conservative candidate continuing that movement. If that is Trump, so be it. It it is Desantis, so be it.

it sure made China rich at our expense after we let them in the WTO

And it benifited us big time.
But what really benefited China was the orange idiot pulling out of TPP.
That was arguably the greatest economic empowerment of an enemy any president has ever done.

I pray for that nightly. Has America really come to raw demagoguery and the feeding of hate?
This won’t help you sleep.

Voters See Each Other as America’s Enemy

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pu...2020/voters_see_each_other_as_america_s_enemy

From the article: A deeper dive finds that 37% of Republicans feel Biden voters are the biggest enemy, just edging the 34% who feel that way about China. Thirty-five percent (35%) of Democrats think Trump voters are the biggest threat, far and above the danger posed by all the others.

When a third of each party thinks the other party is America’s worst or number one enemy, even more of an enemy that Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, terrorist, etc. We have a problem.

This is an old poll taken after the 2020 the election. But I saved it as I think the mood or hate or viewing the other party as America’s enemy hasn’t diminished. That it has grown. Welcome to today’s modern political era of polarization, the great divide, the hate and vengeance against the other along with the super, mega, ultra-high partisanship.

This won’t help you sleep.

Voters See Each Other as America’s Enemy

https://www.rasmussenreports.com/pu...2020/voters_see_each_other_as_america_s_enemy
Rasmussen's reputation precedes it. I don't trust polls generally, but I actively distrust Rasmussen polls.

But obviously there's a lot of tribal animosity out there.

Since Jan6, I can understand why any American, of any political persuasion, might see the Trump Party as the enemy of America. They tried to overthrow it, and now many of them deny the obvious fact that Trump incited it. Lots even deny that it actually happened. What insurrection?

The Republican base has always hated liberals and Democrats. It's the fuel they run on. But whether Republicans deserve the same hatred turned against them, I guess that depends on what the Republican Party is right now.

What a ****ing crock of shit. I can't believe you posted this horseshit.
Facts are now bullshit?

Wow...

Did he or did he not try to bring businesses back to America by imposing tariffs that the left fought against?

The left? I heard a bunch of good old boys crying about the tariffs, out in the real world.

I don't really understand them, but farmers and ranchers and timber companies -- bubbas all around -- apparently got their plows cleaned by Trump's tariffs.
It becomes a trap. Once the lefties ruin an aspect of America, people think it's good. The prices drop or don't increase as much as they should. Wages stagnate too. Then when its time to fix it, it hurts everyone.

Why do democrats love this death spiral of the USA>

The shine has worn off.

(Of course, in the unlikely event that he is the nominee, I would vote for him again -- if I am still here.)

The Dems since 2016 have done an A+ job in demonizing him.

Is trump a nice and moral man?

And, yes, he has helped the Dems do so, thanks to his admittedly obnoxious personality.

So...I mean...if he's obnoxious, then he really demonizes himself.

The Republicans need someone who is so darn nice that it is hard not to like him/her.

That's not what Republican voters want, or they wouldn't have voted for Trump.

Ahhh....its the Republicans that are the free traders. You can claim a whole lotta' things but claiming the Dems are the free traders and the Republicans are the protectionists won't get you very far. That is actually the problem the GOP has. It is now the Trumplican Party with so few actual Republicans left, they could caucus in a phone booth.

Rasmussen's reputation precedes it. I don't trust polls generally, but I actively distrust Rasmussen polls.

But obviously there's a lot of tribal animosity out there.

Since Jan6, I can understand why any American, of any political persuasion, might see the Trump Party as the enemy of America. They tried to overthrow it, and now many of them deny the obvious fact that Trump incited it. Lots even deny that it actually happened. What insurrection?

The Republican base has always hated liberals and Democrats. It's the fuel they run on. But whether Republicans deserve the same hatred turned against them, I guess that depends on what the Republican Party is right now.
I think that hatred is definitely there towards the Republicans by the democrats. Whether deserved or not. I’ve been around for a long time, I’ve never seen the amount of hatred from both parties toward the other as there is today.

Ahhh....its the Republicans that are the free traders. You can claim a whole lotta' things but claiming the Dems are the free traders and the Republicans are the protectionists won't get you very far. That is actually the problem the GOP has. It is now the Trumplican Party with so few actual Republicans left, they could caucus in a phone booth.
Believe as you wish. Trump tried to disassemble free trade. Clinton, Obama, and Hillary wanted it. The only good free trade was NAFTA, because if we could rise Mexico up, it would have solved so much of the illegal immigration. NAFTA started helping Mexico, but the global free trade made that far less effective than it would have been.

Facts are now bullshit?

Wow...

Did he or did he not try to bring businesses back to America by imposing tariffs that the left fought against?
You need to a little more unbiased research. Trump' tariff strategy was unpopular with a lot of republicans.

Facts are now bullshit?

Wow...

The "bullshit" was your idiotic claim about what that piece of shit Trump used sweatshop labor for his own company and didn't employ a single American. Mr. "America First" wanted everyone else to keep jobs here, while he himself didn't.

Just stop.

You need to a little more unbiased research. Trump' tariff strategy was unpopular with a lot of republicans.
I think his problem was he went after NAFTA. He should have left that one alone.

The "bullshit" was your idiotic claim about what that piece of shit Trump used sweatshop labor for his own company and didn't employ a single American. Mr. "America First" wanted everyone else to keep jobs here, while he himself didn't.

Just stop.
Propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom