• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

How many gop supporters would still like to see trump run again in 2024?

bongsaway

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Is trump still the republican party or has the shine worn off?

I wouldn't call myself a GOP supporter. Rather, I vote republican because I despise most democrats and what they stand for. I will most likely vote for who ever gets the republican nominee. This is because I despise them less than I despise democrats.

I wouldn't call myself a GOP supporter. Rather, I vote republican because I despise most democrats and what they stand for. I will most likely vote for who ever gets the republican nominee. This is because I despise them less than I despise democrats.
The question isn't would you vote for him. It is wether you want him to run again. Do you?

The question isn't would you vote for him. It is wether you want him to run again. Do you?
No, but I don't know of anyone running for prsident that I would support. Last time I voted "for" someone was 1984. Since then it has always been the lesser evil.

Rather, I vote republican because I despise most democrats and what they stand for. I will most likely vote for who ever gets the republican nominee.
So, you don't despise a party that supports a man who attempted a coup when he lost reelection, then stole hundreds of pages of classified documents when he left the White House? This same man says he could declassify documents by "thinking about it."

That sounds very strange.

Trump led a coup attempt to overthrow the elected government culminating in the ransacking of our capitol on Jan. 6. Some died, 140 police were assaulted, the life of the vice-president was threatened, and the business of Congress was halted.

Trump said he would issue full pardons and a government apology to rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. “I am financially supporting people that are incredible and they were in my office actually two days ago, so they’re very much in my mind,” Trump said. “It’s a disgrace what they’ve done to them. What they’ve done to these people is disgraceful. I mean full pardons with an apology to many,” he told conservative radio host Wendy Bell on Thursday morning.

Members of his cult love that kind of talk. Trump is, after all, talking to them.

After his seven million vote defeat, Trump stole important documents from us.

"The expanded property list gives further detail of the volume of material seized by agents in the search and how it was intermingled with seemingly innocuous items such as newspaper clippings, photographs, books and clothing. It describes hundreds upon hundreds of U.S. government documents collected by investigators without any classification markings that were grouped in some cases with only a few documents that bore classification markings ranging from Confidential to Top Secret/SCI (Sensitive compartmented information)," ABC.

Trump and his followers are doing the bidding of our foreign adversaries by attacking the foundation of our democracy, free and fair elections. Trump and his misguided followers are still saying he won the election without ever producing evidence of such an outrageous lie.

It is entirely possible that Trump may be indicted for espionage, obstruction of justice, and/or sedition for Jan. 6.

Our President said recently, "There's no question that the Republican Party today is dominated, driven, and intimidated by Donald Trump and the 'MAGA Republicans,' and that is a threat to this country."

CNN reports, "If Republicans take back the House in the November midterm elections, that would give them unilateral subpoena power,"

And all of this would be swept under the rug.

Is that what we want?

Is that what Republicans want?

Or do they want to be done with the Trump curse?

Since it only affects me slightly, I'm on the fence. Donnie gets the juices flowing. You feel alive when that moron shows just how much of a moron he is. and its gratifying to have a 'punch monkey' to work out hostilities...especially an American who is justifiably hated around the world.

So a campaign would be interesting IF his opponent was equally as aggravating , although the morning after applications for Canadian citizenship would explode even more.

Yeah, him running would be fun, IF he got his clock cleaned and became a pariah.

Although it would ruin America a, "second" presidency would be great entertainment...it is uncertain whether he will outlaw elections or just send out "his generals"

He seems to like uniforms and military parades so I bet it would be an outright coup. I mean this was a guy who drooled watching the Jan 6 coup attempt.

The shine has worn off.

(Of course, in the unlikely event that he is the nominee, I would vote for him again -- if I am still here.)

The Dems since 2016 have done an A+ job in demonizing him.

And, yes, he has helped the Dems do so, thanks to his admittedly obnoxious personality.

The Republicans need someone who is so darn nice that it is hard not to like him/her.

I dont know, ask Mycroft.
I am not necessarily a "gop supporter". I AM an America First supporter.

And yes...I want Trump to run in 2024.

The Republicans need someone who is so darn nice that it is hard not to like him/her.
That won't help.

The Dems will demonize anyone they oppose. It's what they do nowadays.

If Biden or Hillary is the dem candidate in 2024, then I would like to see Trump run again.

If the dem candidate is someone other than Biden or Hillary, then I would like to see De Santis run.

Which raises the question: Can an entire post be an oxymoron?
Oh, I'm sure you'll find a way to make the answer to that question a yes...no matter how badly you have to turn yourself into a pretzel to get that answer.

If Biden or Hillary is the dem candidate, then I would like to see Trump run again.

If the dem candidate is someone other than Biden or Hillary, then I would like to see de Santis run.
If DeSantis is elected President, you can kiss America First goodbye.

Until Trump is flushed from the GOP your position is dangerous to America.

If DeSantis is elected President, you can kiss America First goodbye.
And, if by some fluke Trump should be reelected, the U.S. returns "Trump before the good of America'/ Let's have trial by combat!" days. What a travesty that would be.

According to a recent poll taken between 13-19 Sep by Pew Research, 44% of Republicans want him to run again in 2024.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campai...icans-want-trump-to-run-again-in-2024-survey/

Now if I were a democrat, I’d be rooting for Trump to run again in 2024. Mainly because 67% of independents don’t want him to.

One needs to remember the Republican Party is still the smaller of the two major parties. Hence, they must win the independent vote or lose the election. Independents don’t like Trump much. Only 36% of independents have a positive or favorable view of Trump, 58% view him negatively or unfavorable. History has shown folks usually don’t vote for someone they dislike. Trump can’t win independents, so he's bound to lose again if he does run. Trump received 46% of the independent vote in 2016, but he was lucky to face Hillary Clinton that year, she only received 42% with 12% voting third party against both Trump and Clinton. This showed up again in 2020 when Trump received but 41% of the independent vote. What’s telling about that 41% is that independents gave Republican congressional candidates 48%, gave Republican governor candidates 51% and Republican senate candidates 52%. Trump was the low man on the totem poll by far. He wasn’t even close to any other Republican as to the percentage of the independent vote received.

I think Trump running again in 2024 would guarantee a Democratic victory. The man has totally turned independents off. In fact, when Trump became a headline news star around the first part of August, what look like a red wave election became a red trickle if the trickle still applies for this year’s midterms. Trump is the biggest asset the democrats have going for them. My advice to Democrats, if you want to win elections, keep Trump around for as long as you can. He guarantees independent will vote for your party’s candidates. Without winning independents, the GOP is toast.

It would be great to flush that isolationist shit.
America First isn't "isolationist". It IS anti-globalist.

And DeSantis is a Globalist. Don't believe me? Just look at who he's accepting money from.

So, you don't despise a party that supports a man who attempted a coup when he lost reelection, then stole hundreds of pages of classified documents when he left the White House? This same man says he could declassify documents by "thinking about it."

That sounds very strange.

"....So, you don't despise a party that supports a man who attempted a coup when he lost reelection,"

That is very 'Strange". Is there a law, an obligation, or commandment that demands I hate? "Despise" is an incredibly strong trigger word. Defined AS "intense dislike, hatred."

No I do not "despise" anyone. I can differ with them, disagree, argue, talk their behind, all wrongs; but it is your soul that dies by holding a grudge. But you're free to hate as you wish.

But demanding others hate as much as you is beyond any horizons in this world. Your post explains why you've had contiously bad & worsening government since 1960.

Hate is driving your country apart.

"Trump before the good of America'/ Let's have trial by combat!"
I have no idea what this means. I suspect it's something based on your usual Trump hating hyperbole.

That doesnt seem to be all that great of a decision making process when choosing candidates to vote for.

But then: I'm educated. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom